It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl set ablaze for wearing lipstick

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by goathead
And do not come back with examples from the crusades or the inquisition (political and medieval catholic church policies of the time), these are not a part of the belief in Christ as savior.

How do you know that? If you do, how do you know that the terrible thing done to that girl was in the name of Mohammed?

Just go to any muslim nation and try stating your opinions on religion and see what happens.

I've been in a few Muslim nations and didn't have a problem talking to people I met.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Ok Watch aNd Learn. This is to ground everyone reading this thread.

www.csmonitor.com...

"In remote areas of Jordan, honor killings (women murdered by family members for perceived sexual indiscretions) still take place. Some observers attribute the poor treatment of women to Islam, saying the religion allows for it. But Islam prohibits violence and discrimination against women."

More than 1,400 years ago, Islam honored women. The Koran repeatedly emphasizes equality between the sexes, stating "and for women are rights over men similar to those of men over women."

All people sin, all look the other way, everyone of you everyday look the other way. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. I pray (no affiliation to any religion) that the little girl does recover.

This is what ATS is about. Change through information, knowledge and understanding. Thanks Watch aNd Learn for starting this thread. Maybe this will bring you closer to your answer.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JasonT

Im sorry but oh my god you cant be serious? Are you? I hope your joking i really do. That is the most...... I dont know what to say.... Really i dont. I am sitting here lost for words.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JasonT

Im sorry I think this guys on a wind up, NOBODY in this world could think that an 11 year old girl deserved to be set on fire. What the hell are you thinking? If you were next to me now

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
Quite simply, the Muslims need to re-write the Koran & bring it into the modern era. THey are still reading a book written in the Barbaric Middle Ages.

Here here. A lot of religions need to do this with there old texts.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Still going on dude, we have to thank one god or another...

Thank you for posting the video, it was education I never even imagined could be so close to today's date, so close to home. I shared it with my friends and family.

People do a lot of horrible deeds under the protection of their own religions.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JasonT[/url]

I was going to reply to JasonT yesterday, but as I read through his posting I just became more and more upset and chose to step back for the day.

If you are looking for someone who uses a religion as an excuse for "bad" behavior then he is it. Possibly he would not be one who would "set the girl on fire" but he is definitely one who would look the other way, as we can see in his own words.

My opinion is that he is someone who has low self esteem, and is using this religion to "pump" himself up. Men are born weak so therefor women should take responsibility for this? PPFFAAHHH, get real, take responsibility for your own actions and stop blaming someone else for them. If YOU choose to do something, that is YOUR choice not someone else s choice.

For me this is a great example of those who have abusive personalities, and use something/anything as an excuse for their behavior, in this example they use religion. They are people who feel powerless, and so use something/anything to feel powerful and to feel they have some form of control.

I would think that any religion, could be "twisted" and "used" for the benefit of anyone in control of that information. Their is proof of this in humans history, and all the abuses committed in the name of some god/goddess (but usually a god) or other. It seems to be a sick form of control that certain people twist something that could be good into something black and nasty and "evil".

I would be interested in knowing of any religions that has a "god" that has not been twisted in some form or another in its history to create abuses and control upon the population in some manner. I don't know for sure as this world is full of religions, but I would guess it is almost impossible to find such a thing.

Another response to JasonT, get a real life man, stand up and take responsibility for your own actions, and stop blaming someone else for them, because it is your attitude and those that take that thinking pattern to the extreme that truly cause harm and hate and "evil" in this world.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn

So where are the Muslim apologist now? So many Muslims are quick to call us racist and intolerant if you criticize Islam. They view any criticism as an attack on them. Well, I am here right now to CRITICIZE this barbaric act and I say this has NOTHING to do with religion. This is all about a filthy pedophile that couldn't get his way, so he uses the ONLY religion that condones this behavior to hide behind - ISLAM.

Please Muslims, feel free to jump in and condemn this action!

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

this is not in anyway the right thing at all
in fact very sick
and it is not islam at all im feed up with people saying this stuff is related to islam why dont people go out and buy a quran and read it then u will know whot islam is realy about

if a local catholic man one day killed his wife
then u would not say ooo the catholics would u that would be a bit ignorant its the person not the faith

not that im muslium or anything but i do know about faith

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The culture considers girls/women nothing more than objects to fulfill the men's needs/desires. It is heart wrenching. We don't even know the tip of the iceberg. Funny, the 11 year old girl was set on fire for acting too mature, yet she is old enough to be married to some old geezer already.

Check this out www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by geek101

Actually no...

I respect your honesty.

I was just trying to get an idea as to what a Moderate Muslim (or christian or jew), would say to such questions.

That said, I'd also ask these questions to a devout Christian in the US Bible Belt, or a Muslim in Saudi or a Jew in Israel....."I'd prolly get the riot act from him"..lol

It's a pitty there aren't more moderate ppl on this planet.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Here is a video called Islamic Female Circumcision Widespread

I bring this up as we seem to be having a discussion regarding abuse of women in regards to the Islamic religion.

I make no claim that other religions do not/have not had some pretty horrific practices as well. I am just aware of this one as being considered "Islamic" in origin. Please correct me if I am wrong.

www.youtube.com...

I am still not clear as to if this is a "religious" practice or if it is a "cultural" practice. IMO it is a practice that deserves intense punishment for everyone involved in such brutal mutilation of another human.

I understand that many Islamic s have the same opinion that I do.

The interviewer asks the following, and in the villages and neighborhoods, it is always said that girls should be circumcised just like boys. Does this come from the Sunna or is it a custom? The village woman says it comes from the Sunna (the prophet). That when a woman is circumcised the then can have self restraint.

Another woman claims it is normal. So? Just because something is "normal" does not mean it is not mutilation and abuse.

It is sad sad sad.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

You can do further research into this if interested.

IMO if this practice was treated as it should be ie: abusive and the ones doing the mutilation punished, it would stop. But, it is not deemed "illegal" practice, so people still do it.

Oh, and here is another one I found which seems to be from another area not Islamic, so it does take place from what I can find in other religions. I am doing further research and will edit this post in regards to it.

www.youtube.com...

Ok, here I find this practice in Senegal, West Africa, Ethiopia, Egypt, Tanzania and some groups in the Arabian peninsula. The Sudan, Mali. Egypt recently banned the practice.

Also in the Middle East it is practiced and referred to as Sunna circumcision.

Also Saudi Arabia, southern Jordan and Iraq. Possibly in Syria, western Iran and southern Turkey.

And then in Indonesia and in a few ethnic groups in South America.

en.wikipedia.org...

for more information.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by amazed for more information]

[edit on 21-10-2008 by amazed]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazed
Another woman claims it is normal. So? Just because something is "normal" does not mean it is not mutilation and abuse.

I watched the interviews with all of those women, they all said the same thing, "It's normal" because it was taught to them as being normal. NONE of them has ever experienced the well deserved sexual pleasure, how would they know aside from being taught(by a man, no doubt), but I'm sure the pain of childbirth will not be withheld from them. Only the men are allowed pleasure.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

You know....i dont like to take sides, especially when it come,s to such an emotive subject like religion. But its now getting to the point where more and more uninformed, uneducated, racist, insensitive idiots are regurgitating crap that they hear on Fox news (and i use the term "News" very loosely) (cause they are unable to form their own opinions)
An example of this is this fool who has brought religion into this tragic event...has you actually met, spoken, understood Muslim people?...Ever been to a Muslim country?....that's what i thought!
Why dont you try and create an opinion based on your own research and knowledge rather than your racist beliefs! Had you of done that you would have realised that its not religion that was the cause of this...but rather poverty and ignorance but most of all culture....those without any real education form opinions and beliefs on myths, stereotypes and rumours....exactly like you...cause that's exactly what you,ve done....based it on your lack of education, your ignorance and also the fact that your a racist.

What about this then ...this was posted on the 18th Oct 2008 and this recently happened in the US (aint that a Christian country?) A 9 yr old girl was taken to prison because of her disability "She went from a timeout room to a criminal holding cell Tuesday, and faces two counts of felony battery against her teachers at Royal Palm Exceptional School in Fort Myers"
Or what about the Waco siege...wernt they all murdered by Christians...or the atrocities done by the US in Iraq (120,000+ innocent people murdered)....but they dont even put it down to religion.

In the last week or so, Ive become aware that the average American is a racist, uneducated, brainwashed danger to this planet...and all i can say to you is...Bush and co have plans for your future...when it happens, and you suddenly realise whats going down...remember this..You brought it on yourself...and you deserve no mercy.
Ps im white and Christian before you start with your crap.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
You speak without any rationality and fairness, and then you are asking others to do good! It is pitiful! Burning a human being, or any other living thing for that matter, is a grave sin against Islam. The fact that an ignorant and heartless man who claims to be a Muslim, or who is traditionally sealed as a Muslim (because his parents or ethnic community or society happens to have made the same claim) commits that does not mean (if you can think rationally) it is the teachings of Islam. I am a Muslim and I am against the barbaric and cruel killing mentioned, and it is because I follow the teachings of Islam. Here and now, I am sad and, actually disgusted, at your capacity for hating, and for becoming blindly irrational in your hatred! Don't claim to love anyone, please! People whose hearts are homes for hatred cannot love!

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It could be high time that ´moderate´ islam issues a blanket statement about the issue of complete equality for women in society.
Hopefully this would detract from this heinous acts perpretrated in the name of islam by wahhabi extremists in many other countries around the world.
To criticise,condemn and denounce the sociopathic ,mysogynistic acts commited against women in the name of their faith would be a good first step.
Also actulay allowing women in mosques (and to be imans) would help.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join