It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl set ablaze for wearing lipstick

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I have been a very avid follower of this site for over two years now. This is the first time I have felt the need to add a response to a post because I was so shocked and horrified by the posts I have read.
What has happened to that little girl is horrific,and its a crime committed by an evil person,who needs to be held accountable for his acts.BUT the kind of vicious responses that have been posted really made me sad. Why did it turn into an anti-islam,'my religion is better than your religion'kind of feud?
I live in India,I have been to Pakistan,I have Hindus,Muslims in my fmaily,and Im a Catholic. Here in India we have ' Bollywood' thats the Indian version of Hollywood,and our actresses and models wear everything from mini skirts to bikinis.We have pakistani models and actresses too.
So you cant say that women dont have the freedom to dress how they want.Of course there are exceptions everywhere.DONT women get raped and murdered in other places,like the United States?
And why pick only on muslims? Im proud to be an Indian,but I wont pretend that horrible things dont happen here! What about the nuns getting gang raped by Hindu Activists? What about Hindu activists breaking stores and attacking couples on Valentines Day?
Stop making this a religious thing,we should be more concerned that people are getting more and more inhuman and committing barbaric acts regardless of race or religion.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ownification
reply to post by kcire

"religion is the cause of all misery on this planet".

I love correcting people

So where does communism fall in to the equasion??

You may have a point...

But if you are a christian and live in a communist country...Will your religion be a problem or not? I guess in a communist country your religion isn't all that welcome so you could consider this a problem.

So again...A little bit of misery caused by religion.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

I think most Muslims are disgusted by the action of that ignorant old man but we are also aware that bigots, zionists, racists and nazis will use this horrific news as a rod for our backs. I can assure you, I neither believe that that old man to be a paragon of Islam nor condone his actions. In fact, I would call him a hypocrite since the greater sin is violence particularly against a child.

I do note that the US has an exceeding high number of serial killers and an obnoxious level of crime against women. 17.6 % of women in the United States have survived a completed or attempted rape. Of these, 21.6% were younger than age 12 when they were first raped, and 32.4% were between the ages of 12 and 17. (Full Report of the Prevalence, Incidence, and Consequences of Violence Against Women, Findings from the National Violence Against Women Survey, November, 2000).

I don't want to bore you with the rates of murders, infanticide, molestation, etc, but it is important to consider that people of violence often resort to the excuse of religion to justify their barbarism. Barbarism exists with or without religion even in countries that are Christian in name only like the US.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

I think most Muslims are disgusted by the action of that ignorant old man but we are also aware that bigots, zionists, racists and nazis will use this horrific news as a rod for our backs. I can assure you, I neither believe that that old man to be a paragon of Islam nor condone his actions. In fact, I would call him a hypocrite since the greater sin is violence particularly against a child.

I do note that the US has an exceeding high number of serial killers and an obnoxious level of crime against women. 17.6 % of women in the United States have survived a completed or attempted rape. Of these, 21.6% were younger than age 12 when they were first raped, and 32.4% were between the ages of 12 and 17. (Full Report of the Prevalence, Incidence, and Consequences of Violence Against Women, Findings from the National Violence Against Women Survey, November, 2000).

I don't want to bore you with the rates of murders, infanticide, molestation, etc, but it is important to consider that people of violence often resort to the excuse of religion to justify their barbarism. Barbarism exists with or without religion even in countries that are Christian in name only like the US.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
ouch...its amazing how severely extreme some people can be in the lengths they go to uphold their ideals, no matter how nonsensical they may be.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
That just sickens me, its just amazing that he has no compassion, especially when hes a relative.
Its like setting ablaze your cousin or niece and nephew. This man has no sympathy and should get the ultimate punishment. He inflicted torture on soneone that didnt deserve it.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kcire

I agree with you, religion is the root of all evil.

Because it justifies murders in it's texts, even if the texts are not strictly followed by the ones who claim to be "peaceful".

If this man didn't think this attempted murder would be justified, should his lie be believed, he might not have tried to kill her.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by mmariebored]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

I can see your point and it is well taken. I guess I take comfort in knowing that all these so called self-righteous bastards will share in the same lake of fire!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JasonT

So your saying that if a girls wears revealing clothes its her fault if she gets raped because men are so weak they can't control themselves? Seriously? Thats Islam's teaching? Sounds like a wonderful religion.

You know who can't control thier actions? Wild animals. Are they wild animals or civilzed humans? Your argument is Muslim men have no self-control and if they feel like raping a girl because she is showing some skin, no big deal since she "was asking for it"?

Do you have any idea how insane that sounds?

I am absolutly disgusted by your comments. Its just sick. I can't believe people could even try to justify this. Anyone no matter what there religion is that rapes someone should be thrown in jail to rot.

If I say anything else i'll end up getting banned.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by scolai
I'm going to blame this one on the muslims as well. I once heard an imam say that if a woman is to dress "scantily" then it is okay for a man (or even a group of men) to rape her, because she's essentially asking to be raped anyway.

Furthermore, if a woman does not submit to a man's authority, according to islamic law, he can punish her any way he sees fit.

Although you won't see ths happen with Muslims living in the west (though they prolly' would very much like to & if they get in power in Britain, thye very well might be able to), It is within the power of a Muslim man to behead his wife or have her beheaded should she refuse his advances or disobey him in any way.

Though, we hear of very few who do this in out modern times (though what goes in in islamic countries cannot be recorded), there is always the case that a Muslim man will kill his wife for other reasons & use this Islamic law as a means to an end.

Quite simply, the Muslims need to re-write the Koran & bring it into the modern era. THey are still reading a book written in the Barbaric Middle Ages.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by geek101

OK moderate Muslim...Hmmm

Answer these questions as truthfully as you can then pls.

1. You have a teenage daughter who comes home from school one day & informs you she wants to start wearing western clothing. Mni-Skirts, Lipstick, Ear Rings, High Heals.... etc

She is very adimant about it & will do it weather you Forbid it or not...

What will you do about it?

2. Your Teenage daughter comes home oneday & infoms you that she is in love with a Cristian/Jewis/Protistant/Bhuddist.

She is going to marry him, reguardless of what you say..!!!

What will you do about it & how will you deal with it?

3. Your Teenage Daughter comes home one day & tells you that she is having sex on a regular basis.

What will you do about it?

4. YOur Teenage Daughter comes home one day & tells you she wishes to convert to another religion... Mormon/Scientology/Christianity/Jewdism/Bhuddism...etc..

What do you do?

Now imagine for a second if you will...

If all the above happened, but it was'nt your teenage Daughter, but your Teenage Son...

What do you do?

[edit on 10/19/2008 by Ironclad]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kcire

Originally posted by Ownification
reply to post by kcire

"religion is the cause of all misery on this planet".

I love correcting people

So where does communism fall in to the equasion??

You may have a point...

But if you are a christian and live in a communist country...Will your religion be a problem or not? I guess in a communist country your religion isn't all that welcome so you could consider this a problem.

So again...A little bit of misery caused by religion.

It is religion's fault if religion is not accepted in a Communistic country and it is religion's fault if communism is not accepted in a religious country, that is a WOW factor argument.

Based on that equation I can also claim that not having a religion is the root of all evil, you think? Me think? GAGA GUGU

If people who follow a religion dislike the Atheists than it is the Atheist's fault under your argument, right

If Atheists hate Religious people than I can still claim, hiding behind your argument, that once again it's the Atheist's fault.

In conclusion Atheism is the root of all evil

Explain if I didn't interpret your argument correctly

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
In the eyes of the mainstream Religions, anyone who isn't one of them is the root of all evil.

I am Wiccan & I am considered by most of my Christian friends, a "Heretic".

If the old writings of the bible were enforced today (as is with Islam), I would have been burnt at the stake long ago, as would anyone "not", adhering to the mainstream Religion of whatever country they were living in.

This world would be so much better if "ALL", religion was totally banned!!

There would be less reason to go to war, there would be no persecution of one religion over another, Racial differences would not exist, as Religion is the root of all Racism (The Black man is not equal to the white man in the eyes of Christianity, Women are soulless in the Eyes of Islam, Non-Believers are to be slaughtered in the eyes of Islam, We're all weird in the eyes of Scientology….lol).

I could say the same about Wicca/Paganism/Druidism... But these are not religions so to speak, but rather belief systems, based on Nature, Spirituality & Mother earth.

No, for there to be peace on earth, Religion MUST GO!!

It's the 21st Century for Christ’s sake!!

At least then, when some Psycho dose something like this to a little girl, there will be nothing for him to fall back on & he will get his just Deserts!!!

Well I am a strong believer in KARMA. What goes round comes round. This guy thinks he’s gunna' go to Paradise & have 99 Virgins at his disposal in the land of honey & sugar or whatever...lol

Not a chance! He's disgraced himself by using his god for his own self-preservation after committing an atrocity.

I'm sure where ever he ends up, it won't be so pleasent. I think even Muslims have a Hell, weather they know of it or not!!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
In the eyes of the mainstream Religions, anyone who isn't one of them is the root of all evil.

I am Wiccan & I am considered by most of my Christian friends, a "Heretic".

If the old writings of the bible were enforced today (as is with Islam), I would have been burnt at the stake long ago, as would anyone "not", adhering to the mainstream Religion of whatever country they were living in.

This world would be so much better if "ALL", religion was totally banned!!

There would be less reason to go to war, there would be no persecution of one religion over another, Racial differences would not exist, as Religion is the root of all Racism (The Black man is not equal to the white man in the eyes of Christianity, Women are soulless in the Eyes of Islam, Non-Believers are to be slaughtered in the eyes of Islam, We're all weird in the eyes of Scientology….lol).

I could say the same about Wicca/Paganism/Druidism... But these are not religions so to speak, but rather belief systems, based on Nature, Spirituality & Mother earth.

No, for there to be peace on earth, Religion MUST GO!!

It's the 21st Century for Christ’s sake!!

At least then, when some Psycho dose something like this to a little girl, there will be nothing for him to fall back on & he will get his just Deserts!!!

Well I am a strong believer in KARMA. What goes round comes round. This guy thinks he’s gunna' go to Paradise & have 99 Virgins at his disposal in the land of honey & sugar or whatever...lol

Not a chance! He's disgraced himself by using his god for his own self-preservation after committing an atrocity.

I'm sure where ever he ends up, it won't be so pleasent. I think even Muslims have a Hell, weather they know of it or not!!

Soo religion should be banned why? Because it can potentially cause violence and injustice?? If that is the soul reason, everything which has a potential of causing violence should also be banned, which means no freedom of speech.

[edit on 013131p://31b10 by Ownification]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by geek101
reply to post by JasonT

Basically, its the whole "men are born weak" crap.
I don't dress scantily myself but if women want to, and men are so weak...sod off and stay indoors.
I never got that whole argument. Why the hell should women cover their bodies because men cant control themselves (which i don't believe, by the way)...why don't MEN stay indoors or hey, here's an idea....stop assuming that because a woman dresses a certain way, she wants you.

There is nothing in the Quran that says a woman has to even cover her head. It says dress modestly. And it also says that for men. Thats all. Prove me wrong, if you can.

All the covering and stuff, its arabic culture. Islam has long been synonumous with that region during ancient times and over time, many believers simply assume that the culture equates to religion. Which i honestly think isn't appropriate.

Just becoz you dress like an arab doesn't make u a holier person anywhere. Islam by itself is a rather beautiful belief. Its the people that mixed things where it shouldn't have been mixed.

I'm not a Muslim. I just read on religions some and in many ways i agree with you. If a man is weak and can't control himself, that's his problem.

Culture and belief should be separate.

What should be done is to really use common sense and learn what's good from any religion and leave out the dubious part that you're not sure about. Many religions have been warped to date. Common sense can be derived by spending time pondering about something rather than wholly buying whatever it says just coz it rings something in you.

God gave us a brain. Lets use it. =)

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Prometheus Ascendent]

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Prometheus Ascendent]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by goathead
None ever says that Israel deserves to exist.

Thats because it doesn't.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I don't see anything showing that poor girl is Muslim. She is from Jaipur city, although she theoretically could be Muslim I would suppose there is more chance she belongs to another religion. Which of course is not justifying what has been done to her.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

you missed the point...

this post was report an action... doesn't define the whole situation... a little girl died, not the first time... wont be the last... it was put up to show the people... please understand that...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join