It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl set ablaze for wearing lipstick

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
If it was against how i want my daughter to look like, or it was against my culture or religion i would talk to her, ask her why she does it and try to explain my perspective why i do not want it.

But idiots do not have arguments, if you torture somebody because he does not worship your god he can to end the pain convert to your religion but inside he will never believe in your god.

Same as this, you can burn her but she will always stay the same inside, but religious freaks of some abraham cults do not understand that, only because if someone wears this and does that does not mean they believe inside.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
First and foremost this is very saddening, and I also woud like to express my discontent that this happened in India!

India always prides itself in being a secular country, it's really sad when some people must come and think otherwise of this secularity.

I would also like to say that I have more right than anyone in this thread to condemn this act. Because what you call India is what we call Hindustan in hindi.

HinduStan = Land of Hindus

Because of that I should express more hatred on this than anyone.
But understand, Americans, your future is not too far from this.

You have for too many years allowed your country to bankrupt you, soon this will become a third world country but not sure on the overpopulated part. You will soon see some of your own people become like this soon.

Do Not Forget Who You Are!

Remember who you are and that you live where you are thanks to pure barbarism! The land that your house sits on is become of your colonial/imperialist history.

So don't be too quick to judge.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Gregor100

your talking # really

www.thesun.co.uk...

A JURY yesterday sentenced a man to 25 years in jail after he microwaved his baby daughter.

Joshua Mauldin, who had wanted to be a preacher, tried to convince jurors he had gone insane when he bundled baby Ana, then two-months-old into the intense heat for about 20 seconds.

Galveston County prosecutor Xochitl Vandiver said she was satisfied with the sentence.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Gregor100

Oh and I guess an American woman microwaving her baby is considered normal and sane to you. I ask how developed is your brain? My point being there are crazy mental people everywhere, no matter what race, nation, or nationality. You don't have to go spurt your uneducated racial hate speech here mate.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I love stories like this...
Ahhh Humanity at it's finest. We are nothing but violent, selfish, disgusting creep's.
Gas up the oven's Henreich, it's time to show what we are really all about.

I gotta go do somthing real nice today now to try and fix this snafu, I try everyday to be a healthy and positive person... When sh^t like this happens we all need to step up and try to mend the dammage our brother's are commiting
BLACK BROWN WHITE OR Italian (YUCK) we are all the same and acountable for our species.

Please don't take the italian joke serious!
peace and feed the starving kids!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
what i read said that the burning was done by a distant relative and the father said it was a result of the young girl resisting that relative's sexual advances ( stinking pervert psycho). I could not find any indication in the news articles i read saying that this was a hate crime or fostered by an islamic belief. this is not to say that the burning wasn't related to a religeous belief, it it just to say that i saw no indication of that in the stories i read on the news feeds.

i do find it interesting that we (yes we ) were so quick to make the assumption that this was religeous/religeon based and not' psycho' based...

btw - religeous makeup of india: Hindu 80.5%, Muslim 13.4%, Christian 2.3%, Sikh 1.9%, other 1.8%, unspecified 0.1% (2001 census) source: CIA World Factbook.

using these numbers, there is approxamately an 80% chance that the perpetrator was Hindu... just saying...

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The article mentioned this atrocity being committed by a "relative", one can hope the parents decide this man's intolerance begs the same treatment. That being said I won't go as far as saying this is a cultural issue, the man is clearly off the diving board.

Sadly this is a global affliction (i.e humanity) and I could spam this entire thread full of examples.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Hmm, a real conspiracy at last - a conspiracy of silence.

What we have here is a man driven to disfigure and likely kill a young girl because she acted in contravention to his religion, to suggest he wouldn't have attacked her if religion was removed from the equation is plainly false.

So we call him insane, and try to rationalize that with apparent acts of insanity committed by members of other religions. Pure misdirection.

ALL religion is basically a form of insanity, but the Muslim faith is the biggest and most perverse of all, and like it or not, it is currently the religion that is responsible for the overwhelming majority of barbaric acts being committed in the name of some "higher being".

Name me another religion which actively (and currently) prevents women from driving cars or receiving an education, commits honor killing of girls seen alone in the company of men, and stones women to death for adultery. The Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Catholics, Methodists, Sikhs etc etc etc do NOT commit these atrocities in the name of their religion, but Muslims do.

Deny ignorance.

The world would be a happier, safer place without Islam, especially for women, what's so hard to understand about that?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleThumb
To those who condemn religion by the acts of few, grow up.

I used to belive that religion was the root of all evil and the world would be better off without it, but I've come to realize that such thoughts are childish and un true.

Religion can be used as a means to heal as well as to hurt, it all comes down to who's preaching.

Personally I don't condemn religion by the acts of a few, I condemn it because of the MANY who for centuries have commited attrocicites because of their religious beliefs.

There is nothing childish about observing the amount of damage that religion has done over the centuries and is still doing.

What is childish is to believe in imaginary gods, ghosts, demons etc without any evidence whatsoever.

Santa Clause for grown ups ? How childish can it get?

Maybe religious people should take turns at suffering the attrociities commited against other human beings in the name of this or that god.

It is Religion that is right now as we post persecuting minorities of other human beings to such a point, where these victims of religious persecution have been taking their own lives.

NRSV) First Timothy 6:1-6 Let all who are under the yoke of slavery regard their masters as worthy of all honor, so that the name of God and the teaching may not be blasphemed. Those who have believing masters must not be disrespectful to them on the ground that they are members of the church; rather they must serve them all the more, since those who benefit by their service are believers and beloved. Teach and urge these duties. Whoever teaches otherwise and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that is in accordance with godliness, is conceited, understanding nothing, and has a morbid craving for controversy, and for disputes about words. From these come envy, dissension, slander, base suspicions, and wrangling among those who are depraved in mind and bereft of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain. Of course, there is great gain in godliness combined with contentment

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer

All hindus from Pakistan were expelled/ killed, so we should have returned the favour.

Your views are pretty sickening.

Muslims are not christians and attempts by extremist hindus to ethnically cleanse Muslims from india has always failed and will continue to fail.

Christians and Hindus stopped killing women hundreds of years ago, while Muslims still continue to do so in the modern day.

Well i have found some interesting stuff.

Hinduism is the most oppressive system on record in its treatment of women. From conception to death, woman had to suffer in uncountable ways (details after the basic section) :

-Child Marriage - Girls are to be married when 5 years old !
-Dowry - Vedas prescribe this pracitice
-Bride-Burning - if the dowry is insufficient
-No Property
-Mass Wife-Burning (Jauhar) - Often 100s are burnt at a time.
-Widow-Burning (Sati) - Sanctioned by the Vedas, Puranas, practiced by Krishna’s wives, it still continues.

www.geocities.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Link

IT has taken 16 long years for a court to convict five people charged with the murder of a young woman. She was killed by her husband, his parents and sisters. The reason? She did not bring in enough dowry, and also refused to stand by and accept the torture and harassment that was meted out to her.

www.hinduonnet.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Link

Doesn't sound like ancient hinduism to me.

Off topic

Some more bad news for india!

www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Link

[edit on 19-10-2008 by t0ken]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
SORRY ALL!
THIS ISN"T ABOUT RELIGION

THIS IS BIZNESS AS USUAL, FOR ALL PEOPLE

I dont think I need to point out the countless source's of barbarism no matter the religion. Through out history we have been a violent race of creature's.
Read my post a couple line's up. Stop centralizing people and open your eye's to a global view of mankind, please.

GET OVER IT PLEASE.

Now I don't really see a fix for this without greater education(for myself)
You can't pipe bomb a recruiting station in the name of peace, you must Ghadi that Sh^t and sit on your thumb and rotate.
How can we help us help our selve's?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Some of the responses in this thread is really saddening

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by t0ken

You have wack sources
step your game up!

There's really nothing else to say
Hindu Indians are peaceloving people so stop being jealous
You come from the most pro-war country on the planet

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE
reply to post by 44soulslayer

"Christians and Hindus stopped killing women hundreds of years ago."

Absolutely, homicide is unheard of in Christian and Hindu countries. I live here in America and I didn't even know what murder was until she wrote about it. Also, our economy promotes self-determination and workers rights in third world countries that our corporations exploit viciously. Wait, did I say exploit viciously, I meant employ victoriously. Yes, that will do nicely.

Sorry, but that is ignorant and hardly a valid argument.

It's always the same. What you are ignoring is the fact that in islamic countries islam is still a governing factor behind these events. They don't commit these crimes based on a personal whim, they always have islam behind them when these crimes are committed, and rightly or wrongly, that is a fact.

A couple of Brits were just recently arrested in in Dubai for kissing in public. A while ago, a British teacher was arrested for naming a teddy bear mohammod. In iran homosexuals are hanged every year. Young girls are murdered by mobs of crowds screaming how great allah is, because she happened to talk to a boy from another tribe.

All of these types of things are done in the name of islam, not because bob and billy at the local decided that sally was a slut and needed sorten out.

Now, by contrast, muslims from every country can live in western society and decry how evil and offensive we are, every year we see in the news reports of groups of radical muslims hell bent of attacking us from within with no regard for innocence. No regard for the freedoms that we embrace which they take advantage of. And worst of all, no public outcry from the so called moderates that these "Radical Criminals are hijacking THEIR Religion and giving them all a bad name." - -Nothing. Unless you prod them with the attention stick; then they pipe up with a less than sincere 'rage'.

What do we, as non-islamic countries do about it? Write it off as a pocket of lunatics, and turn a blind eye. We don't go hanging them, we don't set them on fire, we don't behead them, we don't have protests with screaming mobs calling for their death.

Apologist posts like the above, from people who think that because some moron who happened to be a christian went and blew up a building in Oklahoma, it is the same as preaching christian hatred in churches, where impressionable young christians are fed a slew of violent ideals and told that they will be rewarded in heaven if they kill as many evil non-christians as possible, ignore the facts.

Christianity and most other religions stopped using faith as a reason to commit crimes without having to take responsibility for it themselves as individuals, hundreds of years ago.

Islam has not. Imams and shaikhs all over the world still preach death and hate against non muslims, and people sticking their heads in the sand going "Blah blah blah cant hear you, you're a racist bigot, blah blah blah.." is helping NO One.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by t0ken

Hindu Indians are peaceloving people so stop being jealous
You come from the most pro-war country on the planet

Peace loving people ehhh?

Well recently i have heard many good things about them.

TextBHUBANESWAR: Hindu crowds, angry at the shooting of a protester, burned more Christian homes and rioted against police in the eastern regions of India this week.

Police said they came under attack throughout Wednesday night in Orissa's Kandhamal district.

The violence is the latest in a string of attacks on Christians in three Indian states that has left at least 20 people - mostly Christians - dead, and dozens of churches damaged.

The attacks have been condemned by Pope Benedict XVI. Bishops have urged the European Union to treat them as an emergency. -

www.themercury.co.za..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Link

[edit on 19-10-2008 by t0ken]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jb0311NY
SORRY ALL!
THIS ISN"T ABOUT RELIGION

Have a good read of this very comprehensive report on wahhabi islam´s treatment and attitude towards women.
It does contain some graphic images of women being stoned to death and scalded but it is a very interesting,detailed account nonetheless:
www.dhushara.com...

Of course all muslims do not adopt this sexist,sociopathic attitude but this mindset is ´directly attributtal´ to the ´interpretation´ of abrahamic lore gleaned by some mysogynist,extremist imans and acolytes.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bloodcircle

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Sorry, but that is ignorant and hardly a valid argument.

All of these types of things are done in the name of islam, not because bob and billy at the local decided that sally was a slut and needed sorten out.

And worst of all, no public outcry from the so called moderates that these "Radical Criminals are hijacking THEIR Religion and giving them all a bad name." - -Nothing. Unless you prod them with the attention stick; then they pipe up with a less than sincere 'rage'.

So what do you want the muslim moderates to do??

Their countries are being bombed and illegally occupied,they are living under constant fear that they might be next to be arrested in 'suspicion' of terrorism,Secret agents are constantly spying on their daily activities,new laws are being introduced to ban or outlaw some of their religious activities i.e the veil ban.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
"But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is oft-forgiving, Most merciful."
[Al-Qur’an 9:5]

Quran Ch : 2 verse 256
'' Let there be no compulsion in religion.Truth stands out clear from the error.''

"Allah will not be merciful to those who are not merciful to people."-Mohammad in Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 9, #473

So, Islamics should kill the Pagans, but should not compel them to conversion to Islam, and if you are a Moslem and are not merciful Allah will not be merciful to you. I think we should forbid anyone to be taught any organized religion until they are 21 and old enough to see past the total BS that underlies ALL Judeao/Christian/Islamic dogma.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Homeless man who was set on fire is mourned

Happened in LA. Do we blame all Americans for it?

No.

Deny ignorance.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join