It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl set ablaze for wearing lipstick

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JasonTI have a large circle of Muslims friends from all walks of life, whether English, Black, Chinese, Indian etc who I talk to in my local mosque. I'm constantly learning all the time, but at the same time, thinking about it logically, Muslims generally would probably say that the girl deserved it if she was older, since she should have known better. But at the same time, she was 11 years old, so that complicates the issue, since she couldn't possibly know better. But at the same time, setting someone on fire for whatever reason is just plain out of order, and you have to be a pretty warped individual to even consider it for something as petty as being rejected by an person.

I too have a large circle of Muslim friends and trust me when i say this...NOT ONE of them would have had anything but a feeling of revulsion for this crime. NOT ONE. Even had she been older, they still would have felt the same.
Perhaps you should seek some new friends.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Text Black

This is ridiculous; do not attempt to “blame” a singular religion. Yes this perpetrator is considered to be Muslim, but that is simply the act of the person himself, not of that of the religion. I have heard all kinds of atrocities committed in the name of god, not just of Allah. You ask for a moderate Muslim, I can give you countless examples of friends, coworkers, and family. “The few give the many a bad name”

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by geek101
reply to post by JasonT

Basically, its the whole "men are born weak" crap.
I don't dress scantily myself but if women want to, and men are so weak...sod off and stay indoors.

And that's the problem. Women don't want to accept any responsibility for anything.

I never got that whole argument. Why the hell should women cover their bodies because men cant control themselves (which i don't believe, by the way)...why don't MEN stay indoors or hey, here's an idea....stop assuming that because a woman dresses a certain way, she wants you.

There is nothing in the Quran that says a woman has to even cover her head. It says dress modestly. And it also says that for men. Thats all. Prove me wrong, if you can.

I don't think I ever said that women should cover their heads, but I said that they should hide their body figure by dressing modestly.

“And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what must ordinarily appear therof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands’ fathers, their sons, their husbands’ sons, their brothers, or their brothers’ sons or their sisters’ sons, or their women or the servants whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex, and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O you Believers, turn you all together towards Allah, that you may attain Bliss.” (Quran 24:31).

“O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them (when they go abroad). That will be better, so that they may be recognised and not annoyed. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.” (Quran 33:59)

The bolded part of verse 24:31 is often said to mean to cover your heads and face too, but I don't believe that is the case, since it would've said to cover from the head to the feet if she was meant to cover up everything, but she shouldn't be ridiculed if her love for God is so great that she wants to do anything to please God, including going to the extreme to stop men looking at her.

I too have a large circle of Muslim friends and trust me when i say this...NOT ONE of them would have had anything but a feeling of revulsion for this crime. NOT ONE. Even had she been older, they still would have felt the same.

I guess we'll have to agree to accept each others opinions. Maybe God will enlighten us in due course as to the correct way of thinking when dealing with such situations, since I believe it goes much deeper than a nutcase paedo setting a girl on fire.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by JasonT]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn

So where are the Muslim apologist now? So many Muslims are quick to call us racist and intolerant if you criticize Islam. They view any criticism as an attack on them. Well, I am here right now to CRITICIZE this barbaric act and I say this has NOTHING to do with religion. This is all about a filthy pedophile that couldn't get his way, so he uses the ONLY religion that condones this behavior to hide behind - ISLAM.

Please Muslims, feel free to jump in and condemn this action!

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

This is a shame that you use this story as a tool for your own view.

It's a sad story, muslims obviously condem these acts, out of respect for her I think it's best not to turn her story into a tool for your views.

And to the others, muslims condem terrorists all the time, your probably watching too much fox news not to see that. Get to know muslims and talk to them, then come back here.

The problem is obviously "media" muslims condem these acts all the time, they just rarely get into the media.

Now please read this. Here is what you want!

Here is a long list of different muslims who condemed these acts. look here!
www.muhajabah.com...

Media rarely shows normal muslims much, just like the media doesn't show normal people much just criminals, celebs etc.
www.religioustolerance.org...

Muslims who condemed 9/11
groups.colgate.edu...:

Nice website. (muslims can report anything bad here too)
www.freemuslims.org...

In India they have movement against terrorism. MAT.
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...
muslimmedianetwork.com...

This is a great idea, this should be done more, especially on western media, check it out!! Music video of famous pakistani singers and the people against terrorism(beautiful) and commercials

Commercial

Here's the music video. It's said to be very popular in pakistan, the most famous pakistani singers come together to tell us, "this is not us"
Yeh Hum Naheen

[edit on 19-10-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Whatever his religion, his actions were truly despicable.

Religion has caused so much violence and death over the years, shame people can't be more tolerant and compassionate.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

There is a very, very big difference.

While murders are still being carried out by christians, hindus et al, they are not being motivated by religious teachings from a central source.

Where are the christian fatwas against a writer? Where do hindus stone women to death for adultery?

Islam is a religion that is being used to further chauvinistic viewpoints and control women. It is a religion being used to justify violence against non-muslims and has been used for this purpose since the dawn of civilizations.

Islam is the only religion where there are numerous states still exercising theocratic dictates to kill the infidels and apostates.

Almost all honour killings in modern times are carried out by muslims. Why is this? In my opinion it is because it is a religion where its leaders are still actively advocating violence and brutality.

Of course there are some moderate muslims, there are some that are admirable (such as APJ Abdul Kalaam), but the majority are partisan. Wahhabism and the extreme schools are far more vocal and supported than moderate islam.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Before more people want to say muslims don't condem these acts, remember my post above.

Anyway some advice, if you have always wondered about muslim countries, about their culture, their media, music etc, the side you never see in western media.

The best way without actually going there is to get a satellite that has all these countries channels Morocco, egypt, dubai, iran etc etc

Watch the arabic/persian music video channels, watch dramas, watch comedies, entertainment shows, pretty ladies, the people etc etc.

This is highly recommended, it will really give you a different view of the fun side to these places that you never see. I personally love watching the music videos and comedies etc.

You can probably find the satellite with channels online somewhere.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   

A case of attempted murder was registered against the accused

and if the girl dies then he will be charged with murder

it seems the OP picked and chose lines to further his own facist adgenda instead of reporting the story as it is;

lets see

edition.cnn.com...

jews burning the christian bible - and act of heresy

www.ekklesia.co.uk...

christian mobs with machettes beheading muslims

HELLO THATS CHRISTIANS CUTTING OFF HEADS

www.guardian.co.uk...

Hindu`s wanting to kill (and they did burn out) christians

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
60 MILLION people in Pakistan sign Anti-Terrorism Petition, and you say nobody condems such acts?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

" So where are the Muslim apologist now? "

Islam or insanity? This guy has probably bought himself the death penalty.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The guy blatantly "uses" his faith as a convenient scapegoat... but please people...

reality... he did it for sexual reasons NOT religious ones... this has NOTHING to ACTUALLY do with the Muslim religion.

This is like a priest getting caught for molesting children and saying God told him to do it.....You cant blame christianity as a whole. No you blame the preist(s) responsible...

Why is it so hard for people to be self responsible for they're own actions.

People will ALWAYS try to use ANY scapegoat they can to justify they're actions; but the reality of they're motives are often quite different than what they're mouths let loose.

So really, put the blame where it belongs for crying out loud!... the man not the religion!

Lastly, my thoughts and prayers go out to that little girl and the rest of her family. They're road is a tough one and we must not forget that at the end there are REAL people in this who are suffering.

[edit on 10/19/2008 by TONE23]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Hmm, this is pretty Common with Islam... burnings, be-headings and stonings. The Catholic Priest like lil boys and the Christians are trying to take over the world. Yeah, Religion is ironically the root of all evil.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by musclefreak
Hmm, this is pretty Common with Islam... burnings, be-headings and stonings. The Catholic Priest like lil boys and the Christians are trying to take over the world. Yeah, Religion is ironically the root of all evil.

close freak..but religion is but a tool for evil...

the real root of all evil is FEAR.. fear is what drives people to use controls like religion...and money.

Fear of not having control. Or fear of not "having security" whether it be financial, mental, emotional, spiritual. For it is fear of "lacking" that we do everything we do. Whether that fear is overt as terror(like survival situations) or more subtle; like the reasons why you wake up and go to work on a daily basis.

In this specific case the man used religion as his excuse for "fear" of reprisal and the hopes that his "religious" stance would be his ticket out of this jam. But it was his "fear" in the first place that set the girl on fire. It was his "fear" of rejection that prompted this action.

[edit on 10/19/2008 by TONE23]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I'd set the over/under for this guy at about 6 months. He'll be "hanging around" real soon. Quick one day trial, about a month for the "appeal" process and then the necktie party.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Can anybody look past the fact that he was a Muslim and see that he was,A dirty,selfish,depraved old man who didnt get what he wanted,so he had to turn the girl into a human torch.
I personally think this man should be castrated. Anybody else think so?

[edit on 19-10-2008 by the red pill]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by the red pill

" I personally think this man should be castrated. "

No, I prefer hanging. They can castrate him afterwards.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

[No, my view is quite the opposite... this just adds to long list of atrocities that ALL religions have committed.

Indeed, many faiths along the road has done things which others do not agree on. Things that shouldn't have happened.

So... instead of apologizing for one religion... when all religions have done their fair share of disgusting acts... I say, let all the religions rot.

Why should, for example, Christianity apologize for something that they've corrected? Unlike Islam, which did honor killings centuries ago, and it continues to this day?

The thing that upsets me more then anything, is how some people point a finger at Christianity being all evil and vile, yet, you can clearly see that Christianity has gone on a more peaceful path, trying to spread the word they think is right. But you just hate religion so much, for some reason, that you can't stop looking at the past, condemning something someone did hundreds of years ago. In my eyes, this is just hate. No excuse for it.

Christianity has evolved. Islam hasn't. Instead of seeing what they do wrong, and try to protect it, they preach that it's Allah's will.

No religion is perfect, just like there are no perfect people. It grows, adapts, learns.

But yeah, whatever. Whatever makes your boat float.

FK

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
So, I think the real trouble is that Islam as a religion does not say :

! STOP with this crime !

Because of this is very good to have fundamentalists, to have people who will kill other because of the Faith, God, this is so good as people will be so much under the pressure.

So, this is the fact - religion as a power, power to have money, power to fear others.

I wait for the moment when religion will fall down, this will be beautiful moment in my life.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by goathead

Why oh why do christians claim their religion has not nor will commit attrocicties ?

Here's some recent attrocicties hundreds of thousands of children killed,dissapeared, torrured and kidnapped.

All with the help of CHRISTIAN CHURCHES !!!!!!! Which operate in the name of GOD!!

Hundreds of years ago ?

NO!

Practically yesterday in the scheme of things !

video.google.com...=canadian%20indians&emb=0&start=50

The day that organized religion is wiped from the face of the earth id the day we may start seeing peace on earth.

It is so sad that I would reject the god of the bible, because I find it's morals and actions so completely repugnant, that I would be ashamed of myself should I think or act in this way.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
To those who condemn religion by the acts of few, grow up.

I used to belive that religion was the root of all evil and the world would be better off without it, but I've come to realize that such thoughts are childish and un true.

Religion can be used as a means to heal as well as to hurt, it all comes down to who's preaching.

Without religion, we would still have bad people, doing bad things. You may say religion is easy to hide behind and to justify one's evil doings, but trust me, if it's not religion it's something else.

Personally I don't belive in a God, I belive in respecting everything and everyone and judge only by what you know to be true.

It's a horrible shame what happened, but bad things happens everyday because of damaged people.

It's not just Muslims, Christians, Jews or whatever that are evildoers, it can be everyone and the only thing I feel I can do is give my love to those it effects and try to help in any way possible and at the end of the day calm down and focus on something good here in the world.

If I don't and if I would get lost in all the terrible terrible things in this world, who knows what would happen?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join