It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl set ablaze for wearing lipstick

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I will find you one.

Any sane, reasonable, human being is going to denouce this act.

The religion os Islam, while treating women like dogs, they DO NOT PRACTICE THIS AS A RELIGIOUS act.

Never did I think a day would come where I would be trying to defend the religion of Islam...

There are moderate muslims, they are probaly around you every day.
This man that did this is not a moderate muslim, the people who rammed planes into the twin towers, not moderate muslims. The people who bombed the train statation in Mydrid spain, not moderate muslims. You get my point.

Technology is a horrible invention.
Theres little reason for us to discus or see stories like this.

The place where it happens, should deal with it.

Hindues may be the majorioty in india, but there are proably more muslims in india then Americans in the US...

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by goathead

Christianity as an organization has committed no such atrocities. It does not condone acts of cruelty or murder the way Islam does. And do not come back with examples from the crusades or the inquisition (political and medieval catholic church policies of the time), these are not a part of the belief in Christ as savior. Just go to any muslim nation and try stating your opinions on religion and see what happens. Even if we were a nation of atheists such as yourself, we would still be locked in mortal combat with the Islamo-Fascists, for it is their ultimate goal to either convert or kill every single human being on planet earth and it is the chief tenet of their dogma to do so. They are no less a threat today(indeed much worse) than the NAZIS were in the thirties. God exists everywhere.

lol.
Ok, I'll bite.

So, you're argument is... Christianity didn't commit atrocities... so long as you ignore the atrocities you committed in the past.
"That was the old Christianity, it doesn't count"...?!?!

This is valid to you?

Yeah... that was the old Christianity... today's Christianity is still attacking other religions, verbally, physically, and militarily... but that doesn't count right?
Because you're told this time it's all in the name of peace/freedom/democracy/god?

Wow...

Then you go on to spew a load of fake information on what Islam supposedly is or is not... clearly without ever having read the Koran...
Not to mention the usual self defeating Nazi argument thrown in there...

Ok. Take a step back, and look at what you just said.
It's religious propaganda, and you bought it hook line and sinker... well enough I might add, that you repeated it here on this thread.

It's the same old deluded story. One side imagines the other to be some form of atrocity in the eyes of their religion, spew a few lies, get them circulating enough that the public starts believing them... the other does the same... they drag the rest of us into another un-necessary war... history just keeps freaking repeating itself doesn't it?

... "god exists everywhere"... lol...
Yeah... he's just doing an amazing job at appearing like he doesn't exist right?
lol...
Give me a break.

There's a reason they can't find Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny... they don't exist...
... same goes for this magical man in the sky who supposedly spends every waking nano second perfecting his abilities as a peeping tom... that guy you call god.

... incredible.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
No one should make the acusation that all muslims support this.
However, people of western european decent, don't do this kind of thing.

Holy god man. I'm seriously. I've had to deal with your tripe before, (o noes gay wedding!) and your worldview is bigoted as all Hades. People of western European descent don't do that sort of thing? What are you thinking?

Rest assured, the agents of tyranny and iniquity are well distributed throughout this place we call earth. Need I remind that America has the highest percentage of serial killers in the world? These are men who don't even need a contrived reason to set someone on fire other than they derive sadistic pleasure from it. What can you tell about a culture that produces so many of these men?

A culture where just recently, there has been a huge issue with priests, so-called holy men, molesting young boys. Of course when these priests were accused, they were most often shifted to a different clergy by the church so that the whole unsavory little fiasco could happen again.

So think again before you make an ignorant blanket statement about what does or does not go on in western society.

If your reaction to all of this is: "Well, yeah but... The priests didn't set the kids on fire after molesting them!", Then you've missed the point entirely.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn

So where are the Muslim apologist now? So many Muslims are quick to call us racist and intolerant if you criticize Islam. They view any criticism as an attack on them. Well, I am here right now to CRITICIZE this barbaric act and I say this has NOTHING to do with religion. This is all about a filthy pedophile that couldn't get his way, so he uses the ONLY religion that condones this behavior to hide behind - ISLAM.

Please Muslims, feel free to jump in and condemn this action!

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

Do you spend all day looking up this crazy news? Why does it have to be about Muslims anyway? Can't it just be a nutcase uncle who has some anger management issues. Does every Christian drown their children in a bathtub to save them before they can sin? No, it's a nut with a missing screw.

I do agree that the ladies are encouraged to dress sexier and sexier and if 18 is legal they need to not inspire lust for minors. It's a total catch-22. We call them children when a man mistakes them for being older when they dress like they are 22.

You should really question yourself about why you are searching for news stories like this and persecuting a group of people for the actions of an individual.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
And THIS is WHY that women a couple posts from this one sickled that dudes head clean off!... ...And as for "condemning" it definitely depends on WHERE you are... In canada,in the last couple of years 5+ women of Indian decent have been murdered by there husbands,and that definitely DID create a HUGE backlash,and the indo-canadian community has done ALLOT in there own communities to re-enforce just how WRONG shyte like this is...(ALSO a few cases of daughters/nieces killed as well,i forgot to add/mention)

[edit on 19-10-2008 by Rory27]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

At least we can agree on one thing though: The people who rammed planes into the twin towers, not moderate muslims.
/

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
What?
You can put lipstick on a pig but you can't put lipstick on a girl?

Aren't little girls allowed to play dress up over yonder?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Hmm.

There are psycopaths who are christians.
There are psycopaths who are hindus.
There are psycopaths who are catholics.
There are psycopaths who are jews.

In fact, the world is a dangerous place, full of some particularly nasty people, who do some fairly despicable things on a daily basis.

And this was one of them. A despicable, vile act, carried out by an individual.

And while you single out the actions of the one man, you miss the part where the neighbours came to help the girl, and one of them was injured in the process, which kind of belies your particular predjudice and claims that the whole islamic religion is a violent one and barbaric, because surely they would just have let the child die?

We don't see posts from you every day condemning the rapes, murders, greivous bodily harm and atrocities carried out daily in the western world -some of which are just as despicable as this act, and some of which are carried out in the name of someones personal "belief"

Indeed, if we did, the board would be full of them.

And we don't see you apologising, daily, in many posts for those acts, either.

My point? Well you are labelling all for the actions of one. Your "outrage" is driven by predjudicial thinking.

Demanding that someone come and apologise for this is kind of farcical - are you going to start the ball rolling by apologising for each individual murder carried out in the west today?

I doubt it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
This is an incredibly shameful story. It soils the name of India... stupid islamo-fascists. Sadly such stories will keep emerging, since there are 130million muslims still living in India. I've always been of the opinion that muslims should not have been allowed to remain in India post-partition. All hindus from Pakistan were expelled/ killed, so we should have returned the favour.

Anyway, there is an element of religion to be decried here.

Christians burnt "witches" at the stake.

Hindus burnt widows in the sati ritual.

Muslims conduct honour killings.

You know the only difference? Christians and Hindus stopped killing women hundreds of years ago, while Muslims still continue to do so in the modern day.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
An eye for an eye.
Gimme a match.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
omg! this is just

what the heck!? some people are................................

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

"Christians and Hindus stopped killing women hundreds of years ago."

Absolutely, homicide is unheard of in Christian and Hindu countries. I live here in America and I didn't even know what murder was until she wrote about it. Also, our economy promotes self-determination and workers rights in third world countries that our corporations exploit viciously. Wait, did I say exploit viciously, I meant employ victoriously. Yes, that will do nicely.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
"Moderate" Muslim here (waves)

Nefermore, if i could have given you more stars for that post, i would have.
Do you know the problem with most of you who have posted on here?
You cry out for the moderates, and when they speak up, you ignore them.
But...hope springs eternal, so here we go again.
In NO WAY was the actions of this monster Islamic, in NO WAY. They were the actions of a monster. As Nefermore pointed out, people tried to help the girl.
No where in the Quran does it say punish women for how they dress, so if the person who posted that accusation, could back it up, from the Quran, i would be hugely interested.
Islam does not condone this kind of behaviour and anyone who carries it out will, in all likelihood (as far as Islam goes) be condemned to hell.

Again, do you have ANY idea how many murders, rapes, torture is carried out. When have you ever heard mention of the religion of these monsters, unless they are Muslims?
I have honestly, never read anywhere....christian rapist, jewish murderer, catholic molester (apart from priests)....they never bother putting the religion unless the accused claims to be following Islam.

For that report to say he was a "devout" Muslim is a load of rubbish. If he was so bloody devout he would know that pouring petrol over anyone, much less a 9yr old girl, and setting them on fire, is against the law of God.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   

This is all about a filthy pedophile that couldn't get his way, so he uses the ONLY religion that condones this behavior to hide behind - ISLAM.

Exactly, it's all about a paedo who couldn't control himself, and hides behind his religion so as to explain why he did it. But that's also assuming he was actually Muslim too. Anyone can just stand there and say they are Muslim, Christian etc, with no proof whatsoever unless you delve deeper.

Only Islam says it is ok to punish women if they dress "inappropriately". If he was a Christian for example (which I am not by the way) then he could not have used this defense. So in a nutshell, Islam "allows" these freaks a get-out--of-jail free card so to speak.

Islam is about using reasonable force to discipline your kids, and even that is only to be used as a last resort. Men and women are equals overall generally in Islam, with men given more rights over certain areas, and women given more rights over other areas, but overall, they all have equal rights. Islam doesn't give a paedo a "Get out of jail free" card. If that was done in a proper Islamic country, that probably would've been the last thing he did.

And that "If he was a Christian" crap is BS. I was going to type a ton of stuff as to why, but take your time and read the following:

www.evilbible.com...

B. And Yes, I am saying Islam indirectly supports this because there isn't an outcry against it from the Muslim folk!!!

If Muslims condemned this type of behavior hundreds of years ago then we wouldn't be here discussing this right now. But instead, the liberal Muslims look at the ground and shuffle their feet - a little embarrassed, but not prepared to speak out.

I really don't care what religion it is. Bab behavior is bad behavior and I think ANY religion that claims to be of God should step in and STOP this nonsense.

So there has to be an outcry over something like this to show that Muslims are against it? Grow up, man.

Most muslims wouldn't bother speaking up over something like this for several reasons, but two main ones would be over unity with fellow muslims, and the fact that the girl dressed "inappropriately" to begin with. If he had raped and set on fire someone who was dressed Islamicly, I can guarantee there would've been a witchhunt.

Even though I do think that doing something like that is extreme, and shouldn't be accepted in any way.

Like I said, he most likely wasn't a practicing Muslim, and hid behind his religion to explain why he did what he did, like the fact that he may have lied as to the reasons why he set her on fire.

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Apparently the multiculturalists and the apologists for evil don't quite get it yet. It matters what you believe! This is standard practice for many in the Muslim faith. Honor is restored by bloodshed. Honor killings of daughters disgraced in some way is common.

What BS. Standard practice? I wouldn't have converted unless Islam was at least a better religion for me than Christianity can ever hope to be, with their priests that have an unhealthy appetite for young boys.

Does that mean that all Christian priests are paedos?

In the Quran, there is no such thing as Honor. The concept of Honor is a cultural one, not a religious one.

There are also several passages dealing with killing your children, especially girls, and stating that it is a grave sin. You obviously don't know what you're on about, and I'd appreciate it if you do some research before spouting out more useless crap, the next time you post.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by JasonT]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkAkaSilent
They wont condemn this because it goes on all the time. Did you know that if a Muslim man molests a young girl or teenager then its the child/teenagers fault! I watched a documentary a little while back about a 16 Muslim girl who was publicly hung on the back of a truck because a 47 year old married Muslim man molested her from the age of 12 and when he got caught doing it he blamed her and said she seduced him.

What kind of sick # is that! I started a thread about the Muslim faith a while back and got roasted by Muslim ATSers but they still could not prove to me that i was wrong with my information. Heres the link.www.abovetopsecret.com...

Men are born weak. It is what God has written, and you take it as it is, not question it like a lot of Christians do, when they moan all the time about "why such and such verse is like this?", "we'll ignore this one", "we'll rewrite this one", "we'll change this one" etc. Most women aren't weak against men, but men are weak against women, hence women are asked to preserve themselves and others from sin, and cover themselves, dress modestly, act religiously etc, not only to prevent sinning, but helping others too.

Hence, since men are born weak, women have a certain responsibility to help ensure that men can generally control themselves. Women have a powerful influence on men, and God knows that, hence why they're asked to cover their body figure, since that's what lures men to them, and thus playing into the hands of Satan. But in the modern world, nearly all girls are more determined than ever, due to worldly influences, that it is cool to wear less and less with every passing decade. Tell me, if women all roamed naked today, would you be able to control yourself? Chances are that most men who can control themselves today would probably not be able to. You would be able to resist? What about if there was no law regarding rape? Would you still resist? What about a law that said that man CAN rape a woman, would you resist? By women covering themselves to hide their body figure, men are even less inclined to look at them (I've worked on a stall in the local marketplace, and it's amazing to see how others react to a fully clothed woman, and one who is.. erm, "dressed inappropriately")

If a man rapes the woman, in current western laws, the man is held responsible, when the girl was dressed in such a way, and basically asking for it, hence she should be held accountable. Most men wouldn't dream of doing such a thing, but at the same time, women shouldn't dress is such a way that "forces" men to look at them (And obviously, some will want to go further because of it). But if you take into account the plan of the NWO that I read somewhere regarding that women will give free sex to men, it certainly looks like the world is headed that way, with more and more women becoming like whores, and having sex before marriage, just because "It's the way it is".

I had a debate with my mother over this very issue, a couple of weeks ago, which was very interesting since it drew in other family members and was very interesting. Like most women, she said that women have the right to dress as they like. Islam isn't saying that you can't dress as you like - It's saying that, when you're out of the house, to dress in such a way that stops men looking at you in a disgusting way, and that to have some self-respect in such matters. I just can't understand the need of women to dress in such a way to make men look at them, as if it gives them some kind of fix to deal with their insecurities or something.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JasonT

I don't agree with most of your post but especially where you say that most muslims wouldn't speak up over this because the girl was dressed "inappropriately"

I strongly disagree with that. Any Muslim who agreed with this horrific action in any way shape or form, may wish to re-evaluate their religion. Because it certainly has nothing to do with Islam.

Alot of your post is wrong actually, regarding women and their dress.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by geek101]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by goathead
You are correct. I never heard them condemning any of the terrorist activities the so called radicals engage in. None ever says that Israel deserves to exist.

Well, I condemn terrorist acts, and I've done it openly as well in front of other muslims who agree with me. Commiting a terrorist act in a marketplace in Iraq is just out of order, and so is killing innocents anywhere (The Quran strictly forbids doing either act). However, most muslims won't condemn terrorist acts against occupying forces in their countries, who are brutally killing their people (Would anyone? Why are Muslims always asked to stay quiet when a bomb kills a family in Iraq, but asked to condemn a terrorist act that kills the families of occupying forces? Where's the justice?)

And yes, none say that Israel deserves to exist, for good reason. Even though Palestinians are fighting them, I believe that Israel is here to stay since, Islamically speaking anyway, The Anti-Christ will put his statue on the Temple Mount, with thousand sof Jews following him, believing him to be the Messiah in the Last Days, so Israel ain't going anywhere. Whatever.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JasonT

Basically, its the whole "men are born weak" crap.
I don't dress scantily myself but if women want to, and men are so weak...sod off and stay indoors.
I never got that whole argument. Why the hell should women cover their bodies because men cant control themselves (which i don't believe, by the way)...why don't MEN stay indoors or hey, here's an idea....stop assuming that because a woman dresses a certain way, she wants you.

There is nothing in the Quran that says a woman has to even cover her head. It says dress modestly. And it also says that for men. Thats all. Prove me wrong, if you can.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by geek101
reply to post by JasonT

I don't agree with most of your post but especially where you say that most muslims wouldn't speak up over this because the girl was dressed "inappropriately"

I strongly disagree with that. Any Muslim who agreed with this horrific action in any way shape or form, may wish to re-evaluate their religion. Because it certainly has nothing to do with Islam.

Alot of your post is wrong actually, regarding women and their dress.

I have a large circle of Muslims friends from all walks of life, whether English, Black, Chinese, Indian etc who I talk to in my local mosque. I'm constantly learning all the time, but at the same time, thinking about it logically, Muslims generally would probably say that the girl deserved it if she was older, since she should have known better. But at the same time, she was 11 years old, so that complicates the issue, since she couldn't possibly know better. But at the same time, setting someone on fire for whatever reason is just plain out of order, and you have to be a pretty warped individual to even consider it for something as petty as being rejected by an person.

And regarding "women and their dress", please enlighten me if you say I'm wrong about anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join