It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember our past sky beauty, Planet Venus in pure sight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Planet Venus is secound closest to our own Sun, before Venus was a planet it was a bright comet with a tail "sailors use to call Venus the Dragons tail."

The Chinese, Maya among others on our Earth could see Venus after dawn as a marvelous beauty. Venus has a very slow motion as it traveled.

The Maya told us one day as Venus traveled, a disaster occured causing loss of many lives of there people on Earth. Venus was the most important celestial body observed by the Maya people.

Is it possible all celestial bodys were in a time of shifting? Hence why we can no longer observe Venus as the ancient people once could?

It is also known by the ancients that Sirius A and Sirius B have switched during the time of the celestial body shifting process.

www.crystallotus.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Well the website mentions it as a folklore, and also, if venus was a comet then it would be a small dirty ball of ice and dust, and even if it was captured in the orbit around the sun, it would have been ice only and since then vapourised, but the atmosphere contains carbon-di-oxide, and the temperature is a sizzling 700 degrees, which would have easliy melted the ice, and regarding sirius A and sirius B, the sirius system is a binary star system and the stars change position as they revolve around with respect to a common center of gravity.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet
Well the website mentions it as a folklore, and also, if venus was a comet then it would be a small dirty ball of ice and dust, and even if it was captured in the orbit around the sun, it would have been ice only and since then vapourised, but the atmosphere contains carbon-di-oxide, and the temperature is a sizzling 700 degrees, which would have easliy melted the ice, and regarding sirius A and sirius B, the sirius system is a binary star system and the stars change position as they revolve around with respect to a common center of gravity.

wow these humans must know everything

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I had to read this about 3 times to make sure I was getting it right...

What the hell are you talking about, comets becoming planets.

No humans don't know everything but we have COMMON SENSE and LOGIC, and we know:
- What comets are made of
- What planets are made of

These two things are not the same, and the things comets are made of cannot turn into what planets are made of. And we know therefore, that physically comets CANNOT TURN INTO PLANETS.

COME ONNNNNNNNN

Why are we wasting server space on this? This is worse than "How can you take a shower without getting electricuted?"

That website has the typical nutjob's 1999 disorganized mess front page layout, and as a general rule I immediately discredit anyone with an ankh avatar anyway.

And the best response you have to sound, credible, scientific, peer-reviewed evidence is "Oh you foolish humans"?

[edit on 10/18/2008 by Yarcofin]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Gillespie

Hey thanks for the link, i like that site much.

Don't mind the baa baa's , peace and love matey.

Z

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Hiya Gillespie, and thanks for the link. It's a fascinating read.... I've been wandering through the site for an hour now. I only wish they footnoted their references.

I was reminded of Jupiter's moon Io, which has been observed ejecting material that might be plasma or perhaps just volcanic material... www.plasmacosmology.net.... Of course, Io is not nearly as large as Venus, but given Venus' dense and compact atmosphere, I wonder if it could've had a visible coma at one time.

Interesting. thanks, OP.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

That is the best situation. Comets do not become planets. Some sort of plume might be possible, but we should see some evidence of it today since it wasn't that long ago.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Wasn't this covered by 'Worlds In Collision' by Velikovsky.

Worlds In Collision Velikovsky

The Maya told us one day as Venus traveled, a disaster occured causing loss of many lives of there people on Earth. Venus was the most important celestial body observed by the Maya people.

Perhaps at the time of the Red sea parting.

ED: Venus was ejected from Jupiter and reversed the Earths poles.
Not a comet, just a lose chunk of Jupiter.

[edit on 10/20/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Venus was ejected from Jupiter and reversed the Earths poles.
Not a comet, just a lose chunk of Jupiter.

... Except that Jupiter is a GAS GIANT, not a solid planet (except for the core.) I'm no astrophysicist, but I imagine it's quite hard to knock a "chunk" off of Jupiter, although it has been observed being struck by meteors. It would take something the size of Earth to make a big enough dent, and I would guess rather than a chunk breaking off, Jupiter would just kind of "leak" off into space like a solar flare.

Nothing on the internet about Venus' history mentions it having it come from Jupiter... please provide a reference for this 'fact' (Please, more credible than the original link in this thread.)

[edit on 10/20/2008 by Yarcofin]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
We do not know what comprises a Comet. We know it is surrounded by ice, but we do not know what is in the center. There are so many mysteries to be discovered, and that makes life truly worth living.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
We do not know what comprises a Comet. We know it is surrounded by ice, but we do not know what is in the center. There are so many mysteries to be discovered, and that makes life truly worth living.

.... Yes we do. Maybe you personally don't know, but the scientific community does, and you could find out with a quick Google.

www.sciencedaily.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.howard-winn.k12.ia.us...

science.howstuffworks.com...

science.howstuffworks.com...

But that's still irrelevant to whether comets become planets or not.

HOWEVER, the reverse COULD theoretically occur...
news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 10/20/2008 by Yarcofin]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Yarcofin

Wasn't this covered by 'Worlds In Collision' by Velikovsky.

The poles reversal was a joke to see if you read Velikovsky.
Venus came from Jupiter and split the Red Sea.

But I wonder if one of his collisions did cause a pole reversal.
The Flood of Noe was a cosmic rain storm.. perhaps tail of an
icy comet.

He also predicted the electric universe by interpretation of
ancient documents.
It not all gravity you know... hardly any gravity now.

new topics

top topics

join