It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is for all the `ufo skeptics` must read

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
So, until now we even do NOT have ANY evidence

ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

So, there is only coincidence, we have to agree there is some evidence in fact.
So, what we can see is supposed to be called... disclosure ?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I know this has gone on for more than 13 pages and has probably already been 'solved' but I wanted to add this to the 'TV during WWII' convo.

Television During World War Two

United States: Though production of television receivers came to a halt during the war, television continued in a number of ways. In the United States, broadcasting continued on a limited basis throughout the war. RCA provided TRK-12 sets for use in hospitals in New York for injured servicemen, and had programs two nights a week. In 1943, Philco advertised that its Philadelphia station, WPTZ, had broadcast the Army-Penn football game. Don Lee's station in Los Angeles broadcast a regular schedule during the war.

RCA developed a small iconoscope camera system for use in remote controlled glide bombers. Several thousand of these systems were made. Though they were not very effective, the cameras were later used in worn out B-17s that were filled with explosives and remotely guided to targets by remote control.

DuMont demonstrated a television system to allow remote viewing of battles.

Farnsworth was also involved in television during the war.

Engineers who had been developing television technology put their expertise toward designing radar and communications systems for the military.

Source: earlytelevision.org...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
i think to believe we are being visited by et in spaceships you need to shut off huge sections of reality,

esa, nasa, the thousands of amatuer astrnomers all round the world looking at and taking pictures of the sky. They report nothing.

millions of commercial airline flights day & night and not one single photograph.

off topic: i think the reason we are constantly looking for intelligent life could be an evolutionary mechinism. we evolved with other homonids, neandrethal, homo-erectus were all around us as we spread around the world. so we're used to a world with other poeple but now we've outcompeted them and we feel theres something missing so we fill it with gods & aliens.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by silver6ix

Know what I think? I think you're very closely related to another poster, NoRunRichard......or, you are that person.

Sure would be nice if an admin could check some IPs.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
In the last little while , I have seen an increase in two things. First, the amount of shooting stars that have been sighted , and second the increase in unidentified objects in our atmosphere. The first can be put down to the fact that the chinese have blown up a satalite , and debris is skipping off the atmosphere.
Regards the second thing, well theres no EVIDENCE that we can take as ABSOLUTE. But I find it interesting that all the orbiting crap from broken old space junk that we have thrown up , hasnt more drasticaly affected our ability to get into space , let alone caused a slow down in incursions from outside our solar system.
All that in mind , I have seen some pretty odd things in the last few months. During the Persuids (spelling) shower of august 12th I witnessed stationary glowing objects just above the horizon. They pulsed slowly and did not seem to follow any familiar patterns of movement that you might see with a plane or a helicopter, and there were up to six of them visible at any one time.
I have no idea what they were ,and of course until I can be shown a physical lump of stuff , and be told , or surmise for my self that what I am seeing as evidence , is what I saw on that night , then I will not believe ANYTHING . I do not believe that it was a mass invasion of aliens, and I do not believe it was a government flight of a new type aircraft. Until I see evidence that explains what I saw perfectly , I will hold off on saying " ah thats what it was".
On the day where an object passes within a mile of me , I will more than likely say something like " Well THAT is close enough to speculate about " but till then , rational , clinical and logical thought are required in order to help identify these things. I HOPE that one day there will be hard proof , on record, and that one day the governments of the world will unlock all thier information to us. But as I said , untill then , we have to keep an even head on this stuff, because speculation is all very well , but you cant trust it as far as you can throw it .

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Having been on board a saucer in 1969, I can assure you it's not >ALL< military tech because the beings on board, while humanoid, definitely were not human.

To be sure there are military craft that are mistaken for alien technology, in particular black triangular craft with three lights at each point. They've been in use since at least 1978. While they're quite an engineering feat, they utilize no unknown physics.

While I haven't experienced contact with "grays" or "reptilians", the reports are so numerous it's hard to believe there is no reality to them.

And there are the sphere's or orbs, I've photographed them three times, I've received e-mail from people all over the world that have photographed or videoed them, and they show up in Google Earth. Whatever these things are, they are capable of hovering or moving extremely rapidly, have no visible exhaust or wings, and distort light around them.

If they are military, then our military has science that is quite beyond what civilians have. Given the difficulty our current administration has had occupying a country with half of one percent of our population, and very little military technology, I can't believe our military owns all of these craft or has any super-advanced science.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Nookster

Do you have coordinates to these orbs on Google earth?

Would be interesting to see them

Cheers

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I love threads like this. Anyway...

When you consider that a light year is 5880000000000 miles and our nearest star Proxima Centauri is 4.8 lightyears away from us its highly unlikely that we have had any species visit us here. Firstly they would have to know that we are here and after that they would have to get here.

Say i wanted to go to Proxima Centauri in a spaceship, it would take me 178,995 years with current technology. Is that fact not more convincing than a few grainy photos, vidoes, cgi and unreliable eye wintness statements?

I believe there are other lifeforms in the Universe but we will NEVER cross another species evolved highly as us. The distances which keep us apart are just too great simple as that!

If some of these photos and vids are genuine then it will be our own tech no Aliens.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
100 years ago you would travel to the China for 20 days, today for 12 hours maximum

20*12 = 240, today 12 / = factor is 1/20

With Concorde even for 4-5 hours - so maybe 100 times shorter

Imagine yourself, that 1000 years ago you would travel for a few months with no knowledge if you will reach the destination.

And now accept, technology goes ahead, if you wish or NOT, this is a fact.

(edit 4 grammar)

[edit on 20-10-2008 by sechmet]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
You guys make me laugh.

OK- My conclusion - In a sense - We are all the same.
All skeptics / All believers / All non believers

Its just a matter of 'subject at hand' thats all.
A believer and a skeptic are 2 of the same thing if you get my drift.
Where i may be a believer on one subject you maybe a skeptic.
Where i maybe skeptical on another subject you may be a believer.

This is how i see the world -

How many millions/billions believe in Jesus and God/ Allah religion in general - ?
I have seen zero proof of any - OK some books written by men(bible,Koran ect ect) are any better than doddgy pics of alledged UFO - Not for me.
But do Skeptics call all those millions delusional ? phycotic ? paranoid ?
No - Thats what i really don't get .

I can't prove Aliens/UFO's anymore than i can Jesus and God so I choose not to choose either.- But i know if i had to which one i would choose based on known evidence and probablity.
As for whether an intelligent race could travel to another planet and take a peep - Well unless NASA are lying then WE have already accomplished that feat. (Mars Rovers)

It's really strange how the world and people work -
I think kneeling down and praying to the floor or praying in church is as ridiculous and some of the UFO claims....................

One thing is for sure ...so long as we have the Beleivers / Non Beleivers and Skeptics then the truth will be easy to hide ....

Just for the record - I would gladly believe in God if sufficent evidence was supplied - I would gladly believe in Aliens again if sufficent evidence was RELEASED ! -

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sechmet

Good point, but there is a limit to how far our technology will progress. And there are times where progression is fast and slow. The past 100 years technology has developed amazingly quick but i guarantee this will stall and maybe even regress. It has done before and willd do again.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sechmet

interstellar travel will be difficult. even if we get to 10% the speed of light its still a 50 year journey to the nearest star. human life extension or being able to put crew in suspended animation for the trip may get round this problem.

reaching relativistic speeds may not be possible , going through regions of dark matter at those speeds may create massive levels of radiation inside the ship.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
The CERN project was supposed to give us some answers on the mattery and space, some important questions.

IF we will ever know HOW to deal with a space in our minimum 9-dimensional OR 11-dimensional world, then

SPACE TRAVEL WILL BE NO LONGER O HUGE PROBLEM

Maybe somebody was smarter than we are ? Maybe somebody had more time to develop the technology ?

Presently, we have too many questions, and each answer gives more questions - that is the point. So there are so many possibilities, that we cannot say - it is not possible, what we can say is only - we do not KNOW.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by sechmet]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by silver6ix

The Russian pic is a hoax by a US film company:
boris-shurinov.info...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101

millions of commercial airline flights day & night and not one single photograph.

Here's one mate. I don't know if this Concorde footage was ever explained, perhaps someone here can shed further light on it. Enjoy!

Google Video Link

IRM

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Wow
I think this is hard to explain by the gas exposion, bubble on the optics

Great find !

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by weneedtoknow

personally, I don't care one way or another. Point being if they real, so what???? You think I'm gonna go for a ride in one any time soon? Or maybe they gonna visit my suburban neighborhood and kidnap me or my kids and do hideous experiments on them like in invaders from mars? Instances are rare yes rare and speculation does what? Fear? No, we all got a one way ticket anyway. I have my handsful worrying about bloody ants invading my home more than aliens. Not exactly a skeptic here just indifferent. It is kind of humorous to see folks get worked up about it though.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

doesnt look like a craft though does it? theres so many anomolies on the film and if your saying that is an object in the sky how big is it? maybe 2 feet max?

not very good sorry

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Yes, it was reported a few times that some objects are so small and tiny, as they seem to be just like a "sonda" crafts.

So, the size does not makes any difference in fact

I am afraid, you are NOT right / on the other hand, you are here to learn sth new, every time we can know more about the world around us.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join