It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uk, Land of the Master Race

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmongo4
Saying there is a "race" of brits is like saying there is a "race" of americans. There are no such things. Brits are a hodge-podge of bloodlines from other countries, from the normans, saxons, and anglos, to the romans. Hell , the queen's bloodline is from the hanovers of germany, so where is your superiority? In your head, like your bad teeth.

Genetically, the English, Scots, Irish and Welsh are all blood brothers - being all descended from the original peoples who immigrated here after the ice age from what is now the Basque country. Subsequent immigrations of other peoples have been relatively minor and have had little impact on our genetic heritage.

Unfortunately, there has been some genetic diffusion , hence we get the likes of:

Originally posted by KKinsane
insted of becoming banned for posting what I would really like to say openly but can't even here, I submit that england sucks and if you could all go back to your place of birth then maybe I could actually find a job and live a life because i have been looking for a job for 2 1/2 years. The government should also all die of cancer and never return. end.

Who is clearly not British. Not sure where he come from though. Mars perhaps? Those Martians never did like us .....

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Essan]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by intelligent life

Oh, and your welcome for TV, Radio, Electricity, Cars, Computers, Software, Solar Panels, ummm.... I could go on and on. But I think you get the point.

TV-1)Germany 1884 Paul Gottlieb Nipkow patented the first electromechanical television system.This design would not be practical until advances in amplifier tube technology became available in 1907.
2)Scottish inventor John Logie Baird demonstrated the transmission of moving silhouette images in London in 1925.
3)Russian inventor Léon Theremin developed a mirror drum-based television system which used interlacing to achieve an image resolution of 100 lines.
and then,4)America 1928,Philo Farnsworth made the world's first working television system.

Radio-The invention of the radio is hotly disputed,it appears Nikola Tesla has the greatest claim though.Yet it was the experiments in 1831 of the Englishman Michael Faraday that made it all possible.

Cars-Men such as Ivan Kulibin (Russian) Nicolas-Joseph Cugnot (French) and Richard Trevithick (British) lay the foundations for the automobile,but the credit for the 1st modern car goes to Karl Benz.(German)

Computers-These can be traced back to ancient times.The founding of the modern style goes to men such as Charles Babbage(British) Wilhelm Schickard (German) and Blaise Pascal (French) The modern digital computer can be credited to Alan Turing(British) and Konrad Zuse.(German)

I could go on,but it must suck to know America didn't invent the modern world after all.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tynee
master race??? oh, my drink came through my nose, pardon me...

IS there a "race" in britain? i am harping on semantics- the OP probably didnt mean master "RACE" as much as "nationality". but ask a scott and he'd tell you a thing or two about the english, and none of it too kind. arent most brits are a mix of viking and norman (i guess that = french)?

Not really. Think of Normans as Vikings who'd been bought off with a place to stay 'as long as they kept the noise down and blended in a bit'. France, and therefore "French" didn't really exist at the time.

my parents survived WWII-- im not a fan of the nazi legacy, but the brits were total bastards during occupation. they gave soap to the children and told them it was candy (laugh if you must- it is a harmless prank, but still very cruel to do to an impoverished child).

That's terrible. That ranks up there with the Holocaust as one of the greatest war time tragedies.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerrichin
i hate jeremy clarson.
that bit about not crying infuriated me it reminds me of that school in wales that got buried in coal in the sixties, (please tell me were it was it wasnt in my time and the name escapes me)

anyway you never saw a single person not even the parents moaning their children i find that is quite disburbing and i hate people who go on about not showing there emotion, the 'stiff upper lip'.

It was Aberfan. I'm not so sure about the friends and relatives of the victims not showing any emotion though. I've seen 60s footage of interviews where people have gotten upset.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'm British and truthfully, there is nothing left to be proud about in this country. When New Labour came to power, they systematically set about destroying everything that was once good about this nation. Our independence, morals, ethics, family values etc. All part of preparing us for assimilation into the EU. We now live in a broken country that will soon no longer have an identity, other than being members of a fascist & corrupt EU. Most disappointingly, we've learnt nothing from our grandparents as our freedom & civil liberties are being eroded away and not one single individual is barely putting up a fight.

Master race, more like a bunch of dumbed down, naive, gullible chicken s****, who will soon be nothing more than bottom feeders. It's safe to say that everything our brave grandparents fought for during the last two world wars will soon count for nothing.
There's still time, but whose really willing to stand up and fight and help put the "Great" back into Great Britain.
It's time for a revolution. Master race or bottom feeder? The choice is yours - take your pick!

[edit on 21-10-2008 by kindred]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
I'm British and truthfully, there is nothing left to be proud about in this country. When New Labour came to power, they systematically set about destroying everything that was once good about this nation. Our independence, morals, ethics, family values etc. All part of preparing us for assimilation into the EU. We now live in a broken country that will soon no longer have an identity, other than being members of a fascist & corrupt EU. Most disappointingly, we've learnt nothing from our grandparents as our freedom & civil liberties are being eroded away and not one single individual is barely putting up a fight.

Master race, more like a bunch of dumbed down, naive, gullible chicken s****, who will soon be nothing more than bottom feeders. It's safe to say that everything our brave grandparents fought for during the last two world wars will soon count for nothing.
There's still time, but whose really willing to stand up and fight and help put the "Great" back into Great Britain.
It's time for a revolution. Master race or bottom feeder? The choice is yours - take your pick!

[edit on 21-10-2008 by kindred]

I'd rather have a labour government than a tory one

Heh judging from the replies here I guess I shouldn't of brought up the empire instead of dowsing the imflamatory post I ended up fueling it

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I have had a few laughs at some of the replies, I wont list them but its great when you see some members rearing up on their hind legs stoutly denying the obvious truth. That is, that the greatest race in the whole of mankind resides in these here Liccle Islands. A race born through the blood and fire forged in the furnace of brotherhood that despite what people think of us be it envy, jealousy, hatred or indifference dose not detract from the historical truth or facts.

And for those who moan about their lot try looking at the bigger picture, stop whining about jobs or the nanny state. You make life what it is, you want to whine and bitch then do it somewhere else, this land is for the strong, the strong that lead the herd. These lands are not for the weak or the lame or the lazy. These lands are for the strong hearted who set an example for all others to follow.

Many nations around the World have used us and still do as an example on which to base their own countries, English is the universal language, the UK is the cradle of democracy, armed forces around the World envy our armed forces, more people respect our monachy than any other World leader. There is much to be proud of in being British, we live in a safe land we do not have to fear war and famine yet there are some who just want to bitch and moan, like spoilt brats who cannot have their own way. Those who point the finger of blame at others instead of themsleves.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
I have had a few laughs at some of the replies, I wont list them but its great when you see some members rearing up on their hind legs stoutly denying the obvious truth. That is, that the greatest race in the whole of mankind resides in these here Liccle Islands. A race born through the blood and fire forged in the furnace of brotherhood that despite what people think of us be it envy, jealousy, hatred or indifference dose not detract from the historical truth or facts.

And for those who moan about their lot try looking at the bigger picture, stop whining about jobs or the nanny state. You make life what it is, you want to whine and bitch then do it somewhere else, this land is for the strong, the strong that lead the herd. These lands are not for the weak or the lame or the lazy. These lands are for the strong hearted who set an example for all others to follow.

Many nations around the World have used us and still do as an example on which to base their own countries, English is the universal language, the UK is the cradle of democracy, armed forces around the World envy our armed forces, more people respect our monachy than any other World leader. There is much to be proud of in being British, we live in a safe land we do not have to fear war and famine yet there are some who just want to bitch and moan, like spoilt brats who cannot have their own way. Those who point the finger of blame at others instead of themsleves.

I agree with most of what you said there, we are a great country and we have contributed a lot, we were a warring nation because we had to be but we are not a master race,.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Although I believe there is more genetic diffusion than you give credit for, I do concur about those nasty little martians. We showed them who was boss in the last interplanetary war. They've never gotten over it...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
It's truly insulting when the youth of today spurt such nonsense about our glorious past and then delude themselves as though they were somehow responsible for it. My grandad who fought on the beaches at Dunkirk etc is one of the many brave souls who we have to thank. Sorry to burst your reality bubble, but your contribution in regards to the mighty British Empire is S**** F*** A**.
That's the hard cold truth, so drop this mighty empire bull****. That Empire no longer exists, we are no loinger a force to be reckoned with. Our Navy, Army and Airforce is slowly but surely being dismantled by New Labour, preparing us for assimilation into the EU. This country is falling apart at the seams and it's all because of those traitors called New Labour. I think it's safe to say magic mushroom and others like him have unfortunately taken one mushroom too many. I guess that explains their delusions.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

It's truly insulting when the youth of today spurt such nonsense about our glorious past and then delude themselves as though they were somehow responsible for it. My grandad who fought on the beaches at Dunkirk etc is one of the many brave souls who we have to thank. Sorry to burst your reality bubble, but your contribution in regards to the mighty British Empire is S**** F*** A**.
That's the hard cold truth, so drop this mighty empire bull****. That Empire no longer exists, we are no loinger a force to be reckoned with. Our Navy, Army and Airforce is slowly but surely being dismantled by New Labour, preparing us for assimilation into the EU. This country is falling apart at the seams and it's all because of those traitors called New Labour. I think it's safe to say magic mushroom and others like him have unfortunately taken one mushroom too many. I guess that explains their delusions.

Actually, whilst I do appreciate the sentiment - my own grandfather fought in WWII in the Middle East - it's debatable whether any Briton fighting during that particular war actually contributed to the perpetuation of the British Empire.

Yes, a remarkable contribution to the freedom of Britons, but ultimately, what was left of the Empire effectively began to vanish shortly after the war rather than have it bolstered and continued. The British Raj ended, the relationship with antipodean allies changed dramatically, as did the relationship with Canada, our position in the Middle East &c.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Your right Merriman Weir. In reference to WW2, I was talking about freedom, not the British Empire, as like you said, it's been long dead. The fact that some people seem to think it still exists is truly laughable. The only thing that exists today, is a broken country that's getting worse by the hour.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Your right Merriman Weir. In reference to WW2, I was talking about freedom, not the British Empire, as like you said, it's been long dead. The fact that some people seem to think it still exists is truly laughable. The only thing that exists today, is a broken country that's getting worse by the hour.

To be fair, I don't think people are actually saying the British Empire exists in any tangible sense, at least not being able to point to a map and coo as to how much of it is coloured pink.

The Empire in the sense of the British ruling over large tracts of lands is long over, I think everyone here agrees with that. What people are generally talking about is the influence of the Empire, the 'Empire spirit' and the idea that a plucky little set of islands in the middle of a cold sea managed to have so much influence. Now whilst I've not seen anyone on here laud or even deny slavery, the conditions of the workers that actually stoked the boilers of the great Industrial Revolution or the exploitation of foreign lands, what I have seen is people celebrating the good bits - whilst still keeping the bad in mind.

I think that's genuinely important. To only perceive the negative in anything does nobody any favours. The British Empire was an amazingly significant period in world history. It's silly to only focus on the bad that came of it. My own politics rails at the conditions of the British poor during most of the Empire - absolutely horrific - but it would be daft for me not to see the reform that actually came about during the Empire too.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Yes, a remarkable contribution to the freedom of Britons, but ultimately, what was left of the Empire effectively began to vanish shortly after the war rather than have it bolstered and continued. The British Raj ended, the relationship with antipodean allies changed dramatically, as did the relationship with Canada, our position in the Middle East &c.

Well,the Middle East was never part of the Empire proper anyways.The biggest thing to effect the Empire was allowing the countries within it to have their own governments etc.This lead the the Empire morphing into the Commonwealth,which actually originated in the 1920's.

There are 53 countries in the Commonwealth and the Queen is the head of it all.There are 1.9 billion people within it living in about 21% of the earths land.A citizen of the Commonwealth has rights and privileges other people do not.It also provides a forum for issues and countries that often do not get onto the mainstream world agenda,one of its main advantages is in fact that the United States is not party to it and so members can air concerns that they might not otherwise be able to.

People always point to organizations like the United Nations as a rival power.But just look at some of the problems the UN is having in terms of credibility.One of the reasons that we are seeing attacks on UN buildings and workers around the world is that increasingly it is seen as a lackey of the United States.The Commonwealth isn't,and that is its greatest strength.

Because it isn't in the press on a daily basis people do not see the effect that it has,not just domestically but also on a global scale.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

"People always point to organizations like the United Nations as a rival power.But just look at some of the problems the UN is having in terms of credibility.One of the reasons that we are seeing attacks on UN buildings and workers around the world is that increasingly it is seen as a lackey of the United States.The Commonwealth isn't,and that is its greatest strength. "
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you argument is correct then surely the commonwealth countries are also in danger of terrorist attacks as they are linked to the UK who in turn is a, to use your term, lackey of the USA!?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

If you argument is correct then surely the commonwealth countries are also in danger of terrorist attacks as they are linked to the UK who in turn is a, to use your term, lackey of the USA!?

Are we?

I think its more to do with the fact that we allow America to think they have complete control,when in fact they don't.

Even the War of Independence didn't rid them of British rule as they like to think.All you had was a change in power from the British monarch to the British aristocrats.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join