It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Average gas price drops below $3 a gallon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Average gas price drops below $3 a gallon

www.usatoday.com

The national average price of a gallon of gasoline has fallen below $3 for the first time since February.
The average price for a gallon of regular gas was $2.991 Saturday, according to the AAA's daily survey of up to 100,000 self serve gas stations by the Oil Price Information Service and Wright Express. That's down from $3.040 Friday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
With the price of crude dropping like a stone is this a temorary reprieve or is it just a cynical massaging of the economy by the money men. Those with the real money and power who engineered this latest slump must have realised that with no mony to spend, the average consumer would not be able to pay his debts or buy anything so is this just another manipulation of the financial system by those who control it.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I have been thinking about this lately. If I am not mistaken, oil prices are around where they were when we had $1.50/gallon gas in Texas.

Why is it that oil prices have come so far down yet gas prices haven't? I know gas price lags behind oil prices but it seems the upswing was much much quicker than the downswing.

I ask this because the reason for the spike in gas price at the pump was due solely on the rising price of oil....according to the oil companies.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
For all those who may think that the financial nighmare of the past few weeks is over and its back to normal just hang fire. These financial boom and busts are just a manufactured prodcut like any other, manufactured by the powerful banking elite who screw us on a regular basis. Whilst respective Goverments bail out these criminals we the tax payer will be paying for decades to come.

Is this the time for us to step off the band wagon, to not feed the parasites their daily diet of immoral profits and power. I know it wont be easy but for many it is already happening as they have no choice.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Von, Here in the Uk although petrol has dropped slightly it is still around $8 a gallon which is a hell of alot. Its great the way businesses put the costs up straight away but when its for our benefit it always takes time, time that is to screw us some more.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I wonder what kind of ploys are going to be used during the oil cartel summits being held right now to keep oil from falling any further.
I also wonder how much we are going to be punished for allowing oil to drop and the cheap gas as well. Us evil infidels are in for a rude awakening when the backlash from this hits.
You don't mess with the profits "PROPHETS" when they need your cash.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Von, Here in the Uk although petrol has dropped slightly it is still around $8 a gallon which is a hell of alot. Its great the way businesses put the costs up straight away but when its for our benefit it always takes time, time that is to screw us some more.

That is what I am starting to think as well. I guess the actual gas stations play a major role in this also. Maybe they feel that we are used to higher prices now so they can get away with charging more regardless of the price of oil.

I am hoping there is some logical explanation but I have a bad feeling you are correct.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by vonvitt

Originally posted by magicmushroom

That is what I am starting to think as well. I guess the actual gas stations play a major role in this also. Maybe they feel that we are used to higher prices now so they can get away with charging more regardless of the price of oil.

I am hoping there is some logical explanation but I have a bad feeling you are correct.

Hate to burst your bubble but there is a pretty simple explanation to this idea of gas being more expensive at stations then it is for a barrel. It all comes down to the price of the gas when the gas stations purchased it. Gas stations dont go through their entire stock of gas in one day so the price will never reflect the current price per barrel unless it is consistent for a longer period of time.

Why would a gas station sell gas for cheaper than they purchased it for? Last time I checked businesses are created to make a profit. If the price per barrel stays where it is at it will eventually be reflected at the pump.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by vonvitt
I have been thinking about this lately. If I am not mistaken, oil prices are around where they were when we had $1.50/gallon gas in Texas.

Why is it that oil prices have come so far down yet gas prices haven't? I know gas price lags behind oil prices but it seems the upswing was much much quicker than the downswing.

I ask this because the reason for the spike in gas price at the pump was due solely on the rising price of oil....according to the oil companies.

Nice observation, and correct, historically gasoline prices were much lower, I am going to tell you what I think and why the prices are not where they should be, so please bear with me.

On March 23, 2006 the FED stopped publishing M3, M3 shows the liquidity of the dollar or how many dollars are floating around out there. Since that time the FED has been printing dollars like toilet paper, as such they are systematically crashing the dollar. The current price of gas and other items that have gone up is a DIRECT result of an increase in the money supply, so your dollar is not worth as much as it was when gas was $1.50 a gallon, the price of gas and other items are an indirect indicator of the amount of money in the system which of coarse is called inflation, I believe they are doing it on purpose. Why else would the FED hide M3? they realize that if the people knew the exact amount of money in circulation they would have a collective heart attack and they also would realize something evil is afoot.
This is speculation on my part but I believe they are crashing the dollar/economic system on purpose so they can get this NWO into high gear, I may be wrong, but I bet I am not. IMO this is just another piece of the puzzle.

Sailor

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I understand what you are saying. I am familiar with the money supply but I didn't know they stopped publishing M3...interesting. That could definitely have an effect on it.

The rest of the increase would be attributed to inflation then. Either inflation is much higher than stated or something else is out whack here. I sure as hell don't know what tho hehe. I do know I would be scared if inflation ran that rampant.

I appreciate the input for sure. I guess we have to see how low gas prices will go since they lag.

Regards,

Edit: Buckethead, what part of me saying that I guess the gas stations play a larger role in it than I thought and that gas prices lag didn't you understand? Calm down man.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by vonvitt]

[edit on 18-10-2008 by vonvitt]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Yay. Finally some good news. I just checked the gas prices in my area and the lowest is $2.52.

HERE is a cool site if anyone else wants to check it out. Let me know if you have it better than $2.52 so I can boil with jealously.

EDIT to add: Just checked the prices up in the city one hour north. They have it at $2.21. Hm. So not fair.

[edit on 10/18/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BucketheadKFC

Hate to burst your bubble but there is a pretty simple explanation to this idea of gas being more expensive at stations then it is for a barrel. It all comes down to the price of the gas when the gas stations purchased it. Gas stations dont go through their entire stock of gas in one day so the price will never reflect the current price per barrel unless it is consistent for a longer period of time.

Why would a gas station sell gas for cheaper than they purchased it for? Last time I checked businesses are created to make a profit. If the price per barrel stays where it is at it will eventually be reflected at the pump.

I hate to burst your bubble but gas has been going for around $1.70 on the open market for around 2 weeks now. Forget looking at oil look at what gas is going for on the open market. On friday it closed at like $1.60. So this is pure price gouge. Average state and federal taxes add up to around $.60 so add that to the $1.60 then add $.10 for station profits and we should be all paying around $2.30 max $2.50 if the station really wanted to make money.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Today, i drove by the gas station and it was 3.25...

Thats insanse.
At one point during the summer, i put $5 gas in my car...

Its down over a $1.70 since june!

When i moved back to the states, i remeber gass being .99 cents a gallon...
Now, this was just during the end/begining of the clinton/bush transfer...

It slowly rose up for 6 years, then went from th 2.50 area to over $4 in 18 months...

I live in california, which is the tax capitol of the USA...

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
With the comming new world currency, this is just another coy to satisfy the masses. A common denominator. Trade cheap oil for enslavement.

new topics

top topics

join