It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did Jew's stop sacrificing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I know that the Jewish people are very adament about keeping tradition.
And that the sacrificing of animals was a very important part of their religon.
I understand the meaning behind Christ as being the devine sacrifice to the world. But the Jewish people do not reconize him.
As well as the fact that GOD made it clear that HE wanted them to do it.
So what was it that made them change.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by only onus

Hopefully a Jewish member will correct me if I'm wrong but from what I know, it stopped when the Jewish temple was destroyed by the Romans in 70 A.D. After that, animal sacrifice was halted and it is now replaced by fasting and making amends for whatever sins you committed.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Sacrifices and offerings to the hebrew god is a prevalent requirement in the Torah. The esoteric priests also believed such sacrifices enhanced their supernatural abilities, although I suspect this belief may have been poached from Babylonian influences. Animal sacrifice is back on the cards for many orthodox jews iirc and you can bet if a new Temple is built on the mount, there will be burnt offerings of some description somewhere in the building, even if it's the basement. Not publicised though for obvious reasons.

The abolishment of animal sacrifice is one of the few niceties I'll grant the Catholic church.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Does Kosher butchering count?

Is there any line to be drawn when and if a resurgence of this act occurs?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
"It" didn't stop...
Chicken swinging for the soul

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
And when they do the butchering, isn't there a specified way they have to dispose of the leftovers?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by only onus
And when they do the butchering, isn't there a specified way they have to dispose of the leftovers?

Well... probably. In the "real world"... no. If you can hack it here is a more "revealing" PETA Video on Kaparot Rituals

top topics

join