It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Cooling:Alaskan Glaciers Grow For First Time In 250 Years

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Global Cooling:Alaskan Glaciers Grow For First Time In 250 Years

www.prisonplanet.com

Plans to implement a worldwide carbon tax in the name of saving the planet from global warming have taken another blow after it was revealed that Alaskan glaciers have grown for the first time in 250 years after an abnormally cool summer....

Man-made global warming adherents have attempted to downplay such instances as aberrations that defy a wider warming trend, but in reality no global warming has been observed since at least 1999 or even 1995....
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.businessandmedia.org
www.denisdutton.com
uk.reuters.com

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The last few years have seen an influx of global warming hysteria,but not so long ago it was believed that we were heading for global cooling,a 'big chill.'

Now it would seem the scientists back in the 70's who predicted this cooling may have been right all along.

I wonder what reasons the pro-global warming groups will come up with to explain this change in the weather.

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

That global warming is causing the global cooling of course. Global warming is always the culprit, even if it the act contradicts the name of the cause. Duhh, of course global warming will cause global cooling. Eventually, global warming will cause unusual global moderation in temperature

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I am far more fearful of global cooling than global warming. The last global warming period, during 800-1200 AD was an economic boom time for europe. The vikings were expanding into North America and even farming in Greenland. It must have been caused by all those SUVs those vikings were driving.

Unfortunately the global warming period was quickly followed by a mini iceage which was devastating. I live in the northeastern US and pray for global warming. I'd be even willing to drive my SUV around the block a few extra times. Unfortunately I think an ice age is coming. There are a bunch of Russian climatologists who've been predicting it. Moreover the sun spot cycle has ended and we are almost sun spot free now.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
the global warming/cooling flipped every 5-7 years or so since the 60's

its only since the crazy ass green brigade jumped all over it and rammed it down the goverments throats(as no one payed attention to save the rain forests) and then they (the goverment) found a way to use it for them selves and slow down oil/gas usage a little to make it last longer that any of us really heard about it (well except the occasional rare science program or 5 minute news flash)

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Agreed, but I think I've finally figured out what the angle is behind the global warming scam. It's a form of UN global tax. The so called global warming relief will come in the form of tax credits called carbon credits that companies will be able to buy in order to 'offset' their evil industrial output.

The carbon credits are controlled by an inbred cabal of elitist UN do-gooders, all approved by friends of Al Gore and other globalist cronies. They approve the projects and the projects kick back money into global governance. The UN finally get's it's global tax and they can start militarizing so that the real fun can begin.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
so alaskas glaciers grew but the artic ice sheet became an island, weird!!

it seems to me that we don't really have a clue whats going on, but cooling or warming, it's all bad.

although the reuters link the OP provides offers some perspective.

Most scientists oppose the minority that has used the present lull in warming to cast doubt on the size of threat from manmade global temperature rises.

"Let's say there wasn't much of a warming for the next 10 years, how will the public and politicians play this out?" said Bob Watson, former IPCC head and current chief scientific adviser to Britain's environment ministry.

He said it was important to explain that fluctuations were an expected part of a general, manmade warming trend.
link

does anyone have any idea what ocean currents might explain a local drop in temperature in alaska?

[edit on 18/10/08 by pieman]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well I must say who cares, we humans seem to think we own this Planet well we dont. We are mere guests and very bad ones at that. But irrespective of our actions the Earth and the Cosmos will continue long after man had disapeared. Only a tree hugger or enviro terrrorist would argue otherwise, but then they do have an agenda don't they.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
the fact that the planet and the cosmos will continue long after man has expired hardly releases us from our responsibilities in regard to being the possible cause of a mass extinction event.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
one year does not a cycle make.

omg, winter temps cause snow and freezing? no way!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

the fact that the planet and the cosmos will continue long after man has expired hardly releases us from our responsibilities in regard to being the possible cause of a mass extinction event.

Of course it doesn't.
but in turn that doesn't mean we should be lied to and manipulated by politicians,who are just using earths natural cycle as a way to control people and make money.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I thought Global Warming always supported that certain locations would experience an increase in cooling?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
Of course it doesn't.
but in turn that doesn't mean we should be lied to and manipulated by politicians,who are just using earths natural cycle as a way to control people and make money.

the evidence and science i've seen for the warming being a natural cycle is dubious to say the least.

i'm not closed to the idea, i'm willing to look into all new developments, as you pointed out, cooling was believed to be the way we would impact the environment at one point.

it is worth noting that the reduction in sunlight that was to cause the cooling does seem to have happened, i believe, but has been offset by the greenhouse effect.

dunno.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
so alaskas glaciers grew but the artic ice sheet became an island, weird!!

it seems to me that we don't really have a clue whats going on, but cooling or warming, it's all bad.

your uncovering a good point...
If glaciers (some, & presumably not All) are growing,
and the sea-ice is becoming a past-tense phenomena... we need to look
past the obvious.

for example... are the Glaciers growing because they are in the Sunlight less often? see, its a condition that can aris when the Earths inclination, Orbit, and position in the orbital Ellipse...cause certain glaciers to remain in less (melting) sunlight than they were 10 years ago....ergo those Glaciers 'grow' even as the ambient temperature goes up.

now are industrial gasses totally responsible?
Nope
the Siberian tundra is also rleaing tons of methane gas, which is something like 20X the damage of CO2 gas.

the whole 'scare' article, and the larger 'scare' paradigm, is all a bunch of hooey in reality.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The theory behind Global Warming does not mean equal heating everywhere. That is why it has been renamed "Climate Change".

Some areas will get warmer, some cooler. All this will be impossibly hard to predict.

The worry behind Climate change is that the ice caps may melt, lowering the salinity in the oceans, raising the water levels globally, and changing the ocean currents.

The ocean currents affect climate more than you could know...

Climate Change is a big deal... I'm almost positive either we will deal with its affects in our lifetime, or our children's lifetime.

Its too late to reverse the trend.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

yeah but temperature melts ice, not sunlight. if you put ice in sunlight or a dark room of the same temperature the ice will melt at the same rate in both locations.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Pieman, Its only man's arrogance to think that "we" can change anything when we cannot. Man's entire existence, pollution and all the rest of it can be scubbed out in matter of hours and that is the fact of it. We are but a speck of dirt on a window pane that can easily be cleaned away.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The worry behind Climate change is that the ice caps may melt, lowering the salinity in the oceans, raising the water levels globally, and changing the ocean currents.

If the south pole ice melts totally,it won't be in our lifetime.

The reason the Arctic ice fluctuates on a regular basis is because it is made up only of sea ice.In Antarctica the vast majority of the ice has got solid land beneath it and the size of it has changed very little over the years.When news reports show ice falling away what you are actually seeing is the sea ice that has built up around the land.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
If you think this is evidence against mans impact on the climate then you have some studying to do. Just because they refer to the problem as global warming does not mean that every square inch of the planet will get warmer or that all the changes will be an increase in temp. A better phrase that I have seen is global weirding, the weather is going to get weird.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

tell that to these guys

yeah, some universal force may come along and set things to rights and it'll all be okay but in the meantime i suggest that we take a little responsibility for our actions.

[edit on 18/10/08 by pieman]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join