It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antichrist. Here's a thought.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
First of all, when people ask about the antichrist, they always ask 'who'........... what if it's not a 'who' at all?

Here's a quote I found.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
In the Hebrew alphabet -- Hebrew, by the way, is the language of God -- ``W'' ( pronounced ``vov'') is the sixth letter of the Hebrew alphabet and, in the Hebraic number system, has traditionally stood for the number 6, so WWW = 666
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now with that, www is the world wide web.

Anyone remember Y2K?

What if that could still happen?

What if the antichrist takes the form of WWW, and does what we feared just a few short years ago?

Anyone see any logic in this?

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
People don't seem to understand what the antichrist is.

The antichrist is a regular human being just like the rest of us, not a computer.

The Mark of the Beast is an actual mark that will be stamped on people's foreheads or hands, not a computer.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Wouldn't that be a dead giveaway?

If I go to a tattoo joint, and request 666 be tattooed on my forehead, am I the antichrist?

No.

And how exactly would a human wage war with god?

That's be like me bringing a toothpick to a nuke fight.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Like this?
Is "www" in Hebrew equal to 666?

This 'theory' has been around for sometime. The article above is from 1999.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
A computer can't work miracles.

I would love to see a computer work miracles like Jesus did 2,000 years ago.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Its my understanding that the Anti-Christ as the Number 666 is the number of a man. So I have to say that its definitley gonna be a living person and not a computer.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
[Edited on 113131p://3111u by panchovilla]

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
666 is the number of a man, so the antichrist will be a human being. Actually, if you consider the various pointers mentioned in other sites as implying that we are living in the 'end times', then the Antichrist is actually alive right now.

So who is the Antichrist ?

Not Bush, nor Blair (The Antichrist is supposed to bring a time of peace before people realise who he is, so that rules out this pair of warmongers).

Kerry ? - unlikely. I don't think he has the strength of character required.

Osama bin Laden ? - bringing peace ? - no way.

Saddam is locked away, so its not him.

Barney the dinosaur ? - despite many stating that he is the antichrist, that is unlikely due to the fact that the Antichrist is (at the beginning of his reign) supposed to be liked by many people. Since most people I know absolutely despise Barney, that means he's out of the running

[Edited on 27-3-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   
maybe the antichrist will be a highly intelligent system like skynet, Computers are getting my intelligent each day. Maybe the robots will rage war against God

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   

And how exactly would a human wage war with god?

by destroying his creation. humans, nature, and by starting a religion that turns people away from God.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
hey, anything's possible... it could be the internet. it is well liked, after all. as for the mark in your hand? PDAs and cell phones are computers, would go into your hand, and you could buy things with them. or what about credit and debit cards? those could be related to computers, since they do have stored data on them. also, it seems like more and more people are carrying those around. my university id also doubles as a debit card for christ's sake!

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
666 is the number of a man, so the antichrist will be a human being. Actually, if you consider the various pointers mentioned in other sites as implying that we are living in the 'end times', then the Antichrist is actually alive right now.

So who is the Antichrist ?

Not Bush, nor Blair (The Antichrist is supposed to bring a time of peace before people realise who he is, so that rules out this pair of warmongers).

Kerry ? - unlikely. I don't think he has the strength of character required.

Osama bin Laden ? - bringing peace ? - no way.

Saddam is locked away, so its not him.

Barney the dinosaur ? - despite many stating that he is the antichrist, that is unlikely due to the fact that the Antichrist is (at the beginning of his reign) supposed to be liked by many people. Since most people I know absolutely despise Barney, that means he's out of the running

[Edited on 27-3-2004 by Pisky]

Bush could bring peace through war.. If you defeat all your enemies then you have peace.

As for having a number on your head and hand. In the United States you must have a social security number to work. You need to work to buy things etc..

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Why do you think the anti-christ will be even labeled? folks are so concerned about labeling crap an forcing natural things into a manmade idealologic so that it fits better in their minds an is easier understandable. If anything the antichrist will be a normal person who was raised seeing how the world opperates an strikes at a time best suited for a action of peace, hope an understanding, in other words the antichrist might find you, an maybe the 666 on the forehead has to deal with the 3rd eye an many people believing it is evil, when in fact its just another sense that you need to learn like walking in order to realizes its there. i mean the endless possiblities ........

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
The Antichrist is a Christian belief referenced from the Book of Revelations.

People don't have to guess about the form of the AntiChrist because the Bible says it will be a man.

King James Bible

Revelation 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

www.kingjamesversionofthebible.com...

[Edited on 28-3-2004 by zerotime]

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime

King James Bible

Revelation 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

This is in reference to the beast which is not the same as Anti-Christos.
Define Anti-Christos and you will discover it is not singular but plural as in many. Such as many against the Holy Ones, totally different from the definition of beast.

dub

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
very interesting.. it also may be said that knowledge is a source of evil... so what we know as evil evolved from.. when they first took a bite off that tree of knowledge... now knowledge is abundent, and in weekness we abuse the knowledge.. Im not going to play into christianty, but these are dangerous times.. with dangerously intellegent people.. and webservers

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Maybe the Anti-Christ is created by scientists who find the remains of Jesus, and clone him. Something goes wrong and the egg seperates during cloning. This creates twins. One is born good, and the other is born evil. He has the mark on his forehead to signify who he is. When he grows up, he becomes the head of a huge Multi-national Mega Corporation. They get everyone who wants to do business with them to get the VI� Chip, which contains all their financial and medical info.
Just maybe......

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Ya, and maybe its just Henry Kissinger after all? I guess we'll know sooner or later on that one.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   

This verse almost taunts you. "Hey! If you are smart you will figure it out."

One other interesting thing is that he says "It is the number of a man." Who else has numbers? Why make that point? It's almost like he's saying, it's not a man, but his number is the number of a man. An alien perhaps?

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I still say it could possible be a person called Maitreya, even though no one seems to agree with me on that one.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join