It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amateur film maker captures fastwalker on tape!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
After looking at the video again. (20 times or so)

1. the object moves in a straight line (take a ruler place it on your monitor and notice that the objects path forms a straight line)
2. the camera is moving upwards at the same time.

now something does not add up here for me.

this is what happens when u focus on the object and don't pay attention to the background.

o well let's place this case on hold until more footage/information is made available.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akezzon
Woot.

Nice clip.
And I agree, that was one fast eagle.

From the cropped pic it almost look like one of those Pleadian ( spelling? ) crafts but that could be from the motion blur.

However, I think we can rule out birds.

How the hell do you manage to make an avatar like that by accident?!

I mean... I presume you didn't do it on purpose...

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
As much as I would like it to be real, something doesn't add up. I downloaded the clip and converted it in to a MP4 so I could play it frame by frame in quicktime. What bothers me is that:
1: it apears out of nowhere from the right side
2: it changes in size in the middle

Allthough that could mean the "ufo" is flying in a circular motion, wich would mean those aliens can withstand incredible G-forces. Or their guts are now splattered all over the interior of the craft.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by 2Faced]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by philjwolf

For once I'd love to see two skeptics with competing mundane (but equally unproven) explanations argue with one another so I will start now:

It's not an eagle, it's so OBVIOUSLY a seagull!

-rrr

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Well, to me it looks as if he just was filming so he could edit it later. Notice how the camera moves up. If Im correct, he said that he knew something flew by. Something unknown flying that fast scaring him, would have made him react... So, I totally think its fake, and Im not one that usually says that!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
this vid is yet another fake, poorly made cgi.....seriously why do you post these terrible videos?!?!?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
i thought fastwalkers just walked briskly.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Pretty hard to tell if it is real or not. I assume the camera was mounted in a fixed position on a tripod, hoping for the eagle to fly by (from the trees).

Reminds me of the rods, speed and linear motion. The frame shows the typical saucer shape. (Nice job on that, by the way. Saved me trying to stop and examine the frames).

If he has more, he probably wants to sell it. I don't blame him. I think that's what happened to the O'Hare UFO photos/videos - bought by actor Dan Akroyd.

There's good money in authentic UFO videos. Some are real, tough to tell with the state of the art CGI.

I hope it's real.

Could of sworn I saw Blossom Goodchild in the cockpit window. Darn.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
This guy is a bird watcher... Perhaps his almost perfect composure when the craft flies by is simply a habit he developed for his hobby. He didn't bother trying to follow it because it was simply too fast, deciding that the few seconds he could get would be as clear a shot as he possibly could take. Although he probably didn't think consciously of this process, he must have been used to it. It is strange, though, that he barely reacted. I for one would probably have gasped or at least said something. No sign of amazement or confusion is evident in his filming. I also wouldn't have turned the camera off so quickly. Was that perhaps a cut clip from a longer video?

Some birds are very rare, and missing one due to motion blur, I can imagine, would be very frustrating, especially if you've been waiting for hours.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by cognoscente]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
img171.imageshack.us...

img337.imageshack.us... 400frame delay

img291.imageshack.us... 800 frame delay

[I MG]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/ufo800cn0.gif/1/w320.png[/IMG]
animated gif of the ufo only..

2nd gif link is 400 millisecond frame delay..
3rd link is 800 frame delay millisecond

it does NOT appears before the blade of grass but behind it..
goes away from camera then to the left.

basically like a boomerang does in a half circle..

but watch my super slow motion gif's of this save you guys the trouble of converting to slow them down.

sorry first time uploading animated gif after i made them.. way to many edits lol

[edit on 19-10-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
It's obviously a fake. From that angle, you should see the belly of the craft and not the side of it. Just imagine a craft to there instead of the UFO. In any cases, when you see one, you're seeing the belly of it, not the side of it such as you see in this video's case.

Also the angle of the camera is changing and the UFO is not following that angle change.

So, by my opinion it's a poor video made with After Effects. UFO on a different layer, presumably in screen or maybe in overlay mode.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by Sheridan]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Clark W. Griswold

Wow nice enlargement Clark .You can definitely see that saucer shape now its better then the one from the source good job

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I hope there’s more to it then this clip. But it’s never to say this is 100% real proof. I would say that he should place the rest of this video about his sighting. Then he than we can decide if it’s genuine or not but it looks so far authentic to me

(But I think from reviewing his statement I think he wants to see money for the rest of the film! )

[edit on 11/02/2007 by 0bserver1]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
C'mon everybody, say it with me!

C-G-I!

Edit:
Ummm of course it's going to look like a saucer if you slow it down frame by frame..wasn't that the hoaxer's goal? .. I think watching it in real-time says enough...

[edit on 19-10-2008 by MurrayTORONTO]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr
reply to post by philjwolf

For once I'd love to see two skeptics with competing mundane (but equally unproven) explanations argue with one another so I will start now:

It's not an eagle, it's so OBVIOUSLY a seagull!

-rrr

Pffft. Obviously not the case. Its the Guvmints secret Space Chicken Program.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

all a bit overly mysterious for me. fantastic footage for sure but why all the cloak and dagger 'I dont want to publish anymore of it , its too scary' BS. I'd love to know what he's seen, assuming its for real. its great footage but its only a couple of seconds.

I want more!!!!

:-)

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheridan

It is far more likely that the video is not a fake but simply an object that was moving fast. I am inclined to think that your assertions about what part of the object is visible indicate that it is a small object flying closer to the camera rather than a large one far away.

The enlongated shape of the object is not worth bothering with as it is merely an artifact of video capture. My personal veredict is that it is something small fast and not too far from the camera. Many mundane objects fit that criteria. One thing is for sure, this video does *not* have "extraterrestrial proof" written all over it.

-rrr

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Looks very fake to me.

Even though the camera is moving upward due to hand movement,the 'craft' seems to cross the screen in a very straight line.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Real or not real, im on the fence but i will say that after pausing it 20X, you can see that this object comes from behind this tree "branch" and NOT from the far right of the screen. You decide.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Starting from the beginning (and hoping someone from the Netherlands stops by and comments on my opinion), I don't think that there are eagles on the Netherlands.

Aren't eagles birds from the mountains?

The footage itself is a little unconvincing, and the story even less.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join