It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search Function offline?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Under the search tab it says, "search is temporarily offline." However, the fast search google tool on the right hand side still works. Any ideas?

Also, did the site/system just get updated because everything just turned grayish white on the site.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I noticed the search function has not been working for a few days now.

As far as the site turning grey, no ideas.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

For some reason, using the search feature can change your scheme. Just go up to the top menu bar and hit 'go dark' and it will revert back to the dark grey.

As for the rest- not sure. I mostly use site-limited Google searches to find things on here.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The grayish white is just for the posts. I did not even change anything. It changed on its own. I am trying to change it back. Maybe its just my computer but I will try a few experiments to see what happens.

A few days. Yeah I think that's about right.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Oh okay. I feel stupid.
I was a little worried cause I looked everywhere in my account settings and all that. Thanks Ashley!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I think this has something to do with the reason that the search function has been temporarily disabled.
Were we attacked?
From the sounds of it, it seems that SO and others are all over it
"like white on rice, or a paper plate in a snowstorm"

I would assume (judging by the response time to the threat) that the search function will be back up and working soon.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The google search is not ATS search, they are dependant on two totally different servers. Thus google search still works, because it uses a google search engine, not ATS's.

top topics

join