It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PLEASE READ(!!) What my Grandfather (a superior court judge) Got in the Mail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I live in Connecticut and I take care of my very old grandfather on a daily basis. He is an 87 year old retired Superior Court judge. I was checking the mail today and found a DVD and letter. Guess what it was? Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West.

Now I was already offended by receiving the DVD but after reading the letter I was outraged by the racist and partisan attempt to frighten people about the "Muslim terrorists" and get them to vote republican.

The letter and DVD was sent to all "American Public Officials" by The Ethics and Public Policy Center. They describe themselves in the letter as "Washington D.C.'s premier institute dedicated to applying the Judeo-Christian moral tradition to critical issues of public policy."

Here's what the letter said:

Earlier this year, Florida attorney general Bill McCollum invited his employees to sit down for a screening of the award-winning documentary film Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West. Instead of engaging in responsible debate about the critical issues that Obsession examines, Muslim leaders demanded that McCollum apologize for showing the film.

What threat, if any, does radical Islam pose to the United States? It is difficult to imagine aa more important question for vigorous public consideration and debate.

We are distributing Obsession to public officials throughout the country.

Please watch this 77-minute documentary.

Find out what the controversy is about. And get informed. Before it's too late.

Thoughts please?

[edit on 18-10-2008 by Shocka]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
alot of people got these in the mail. not jsut your grandpa and its supreme court not superior

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Shocka

As propagandic as this probably is--I am not a public official, thus haven't gotten one--it's a demonstration that free speech is alive and well, albiet used by someone with a differing opinion than yours.

Now if only someone would make and distribute a documentary about how US foreign policy might have been the direct cause of Islam's enmity against the west.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
alot of people got these in the mail. not jsut your grandpa and its supreme court not superior

No it's the superior court of Connecticut, comes just before the supreme court...

And i'm not worried about the free speech part of it i'm worried about the racist religion bashing part of it.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
wasnt this given out with newspapers a while back?

it was either given free with several newspapers or just spam dropped with everyones mail

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I got one that came in the newspaper.
I watched it and it was not in anyway a campaign front for either candidate, and I did not find it particularly biased or bad. As a matter of fact the people interviewed in the film are all either current or ex Muslims. IMHO all the outrage over this film is much ado about nothing.

new topics

top topics

join