It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making Sigils

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
well i was talking to DocGonzo and he told me about sigils. how you can right something down do some stuff and it comes true. i saw a video of grant morrison (spelling?) and he basically explained how to do it. it seems easy enough and Gonzo swears that it worked for him.

i would like to know

1) should i do it?
2) what are the steps involved (ive heard you have to burn the paper and someone else told me to keep it so im confused)
3) what kind of thing should i ask for
4) is my sould in danger?
5) and have you done one and has it worked

thanks in advance

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Here's a link to Grant's book where he explains how to use this idea.
Pop Magic

and here's another:

Chaos Matrix

[edit on 10/18/2008 by librasleep]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This thread might interest you:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

sorry - this comes up mid-thread. I don't know how to get it to start on page 1.

or if you search 'sigil' there is quite a lot about them.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by berenike]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
yea i read it but i was hoping someone could tell me some of their personal expriences

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I've made a few, waiting to notice results. I think this whole idea is about focusing and projecting positive energy.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by librasleep
I've made a few, waiting to notice results. I think this whole idea is about focusing and projecting positive energy.

yea but like i said gonzo said his worked within days and but he didnt really tell me what they are all about.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Morrison said his results usually happen in threes, like 3 days or 3 weeks or 3 months later.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Basically this is about the secret right?
I mean come on.Clearly this is just the same junk as the secret.
Whatever happened to getting up and making things happen?
Instead of writing them down and waiting?
You could be waiting a very long time.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This is a way of getting the wheels turning for some ppl perhaps. Good to hear you're up and making things happen. Congrats!

[edit on 10/18/2008 by librasleep]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
1) It's up to you, but I don't feel you have anything to lose except your time.
2) Write out a phrase, take out the vowels, take out all repeating letters. Combine all letters into a sigal. "Launch" it with whatever method you chose.
3) Whatever you want
4) If you believe in souls you probably shouldn't be messing around with sigils.
5) I did one to get $1,000,000 or win the lottery. It didn't work exactly, but that night when I came home, I had a job offer for double what I was making at the time,.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Yarcofin

4) If you believe in souls you probably shouldn't be messing around with sigils.
Why?

What does believing or disbelieving in souls have anything to do with this?

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
i dont believe in souls per sei but i do believe at keeping doors closed. i dont need demons haunting me. lol well if i choose to belive in sigils then i guess i have to believe in demons and magik. and if souls are real i rather have mine clean.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
i dont believe in souls per sei but i do believe at keeping doors closed. i dont need demons haunting me. lol well if i choose to belive in sigils then i guess i have to believe in demons and magik. and if souls are real i rather have mine clean.

I think this answers your own question. Demons/Primal Fears - Psychology/Mysticism. There are parallels to be considered.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
For what it's worth, I have tried it and here are MY results.
I wrote down "Big House" "New Car" and "New Job".

I was living in a duplex (800 sq ft) with my wife and four kids.
We were looking for a new place to live because our landlord found out about our dog (no dogs allowed) and we were told to get rid of the dog or get out, so to speak. Getting rid of the dog was not an option (the kids would have been heart broken)
The only place that we could get into because of our credit was a lease purchase. The only lease purchase avail. in the area we were insisting on moving to was a 2500 sq ft $250,000 home. We can afford it but we would have never thought that we could untill we did it. We never would have done it if it wasn't the ONLY way to get a new house.
We are now very happy in our new home.

I was just offered a new job Friday Oct 17th and will be making great money. One of the first things I am going to do with the extra money is...................Buy a new minivan, so we can all travel together instead of taking separate cars.

I should tell you that My job is completly extra money as my wife makes VERY good money as an R.N. She works SAT and SUN and thats it!!!! Essentially a part time job making 80k a year. We are loving life right now.

I would encourage all of you to have an open mind about this stuff.
I will stop short of saying ANYTHING actually works. See for yourself. If your life drastically improves the way mine did, then it is either a coincidence or............

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This sounds like something I've read before. It was from one of those "mysteries of mind space & time" (volume 9). It had a theory called "Word Power", things spoken or written would come true... It had ref's to a story of a boat called "titan" that was written before the titanic sunk but reflected the same story.. Was another boat (in reality, not a story) that was named something similar that also sank in a similar way. Also had ref's to god and creation as a backup for this theory: God SAID, "Let there be light: and there was light"

Either way, anyone wanting to read more about things written that are made true should check out vol.9... Its a great read!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Sigil magic as has been posted earlier has plenty to do with Chaos magik.

The power of the written word and intent lies at the core of the system.

I'd reccomend reading Liber Null by Peter Carroll source

It touches up on subjects that are sometimes harder to grasp by the conditioned western mind.
Magik works depending on what you expect it to be, and the results you seek.

A hypersigil is the visualization of intent made into the written symbolic, some people stop there, but the core of its power lies at the charging ritual.
Emotional power can be directed and thus able to charge the symbolic representation in the mind.

Sigil magic works, but in order to make it work one must commit to the proper training of the mindset.
Sigil magic can be dangerous in many ways, the most common problem encountered is that the symbol can become imprinted in the mind as an obsession, you aim to imprint the sigil in the mind after its charged, and then forget about it, but not its intent, then one tries to remember the symbol and when the mental image comes, all the emotional power one charged it with, comes forward like the water in a dam, powering the intent, and the action.

Many people charge sigils during orgasms, or during bed stays at hospitals, in fact it can be charged by every emotion, anger, love, excitement, hate.

Its not the sigil, its the power one gets from it.
that is the magik inside.

Now , one must prepare the mind to exist in a world full of the possibility of intent, and of the inner workings of energy and human action.

Energy at its points of emanation has no polarity, that is given with work and with the intention, if you need to "harm" you charge it negatively, if you wish to do "good" you charge it positively.
Polarities are the result of human thought, as in the natural order of things both spectrums are part of the same whole.

Be careful when practicing this art, as the results can be unexpected.
Read Liber Null, you'll find plenty of inspiration in that tome.

new topics

top topics

join