Why can't non muslims go to mecca?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
In the U.K. ,muslims often complain of inequality,intolerance and racism (even though islam is just an opinion and not a geographical location).
I agree that equality is all important and that,despite of people's opinions,we are all of the same worth.
That said,why is it that if I go to Mecca as a non muslim (unworthy kuffar) I will not be permittted entrance?
If I then persist ,find a way into mecca and am found there ,I will then get up to one year in prison (and after that extradited).
I can visit any other 'religious' location on the planet with no problems whatsoever-what makes muslims so special?
I actualy read a horrific report that described how one taxi driver who ended up in mecca after a wrong turn got dragged out of his car,beaten and murdered just for being a 'non beleiver'.
What is wrong with this highly prejudiced religious mindset?
Isn't tolerance is a two way street?
Has it got more to do with delusional superiority complexes and bigotted insecurity?

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
why would non-muslims NEED to go to mecca?

its a muslim holy site,stay away from it if youre not muslim...quite simple really

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by seriously,who cares?

its a muslim holy site,stay away from it if youre not muslim...quite simple really

Hmmm the United States is a christian founded country...muslims should stay away from it...quite simple really...if not we should just kill them for not being christian right...I mean in your words why would a non-christian NEED to come to the US?

These muslims, just like any religious zealot are retarded...GOD created this world for his people...NOT for peoples interpritation of religion...hence the WORLD is open for ALL to enjoy...but like everything else MAN has made his own rules and screwed things up!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Call me prejudiced, but the idea of a non-muslim taxi driver in Saudi Arabia seems quite...absurd to me. I don't think that story is true.

No idea why they are not allowed. It is not in the scripture. I'm not even sure of the exact ruling, as there are many non-muslims who have been to Mecca- perhaps it is only prohibited during the Hajj?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Also, as noble as that sounds, the world is not open for all to enjoy. A person may (and does) refuse you entry to their home or their land, and it is their right. A country may (and does) refuse you a visa, and it is their right.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Im sorry I don't agree at all.
You seem to leap to the huge assumption that 'all' the people in Saudi Arabia are muslims.
Admittedly many are probably bullied,coerced and intimidated into accepting this mindset but I think this issue is more to do about a hardcore nucleus of insecure bigots promoting prejudice and intolerance.

Who are they to tell other people where they can and cannot go?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seriously,who cares?

Is that irony?
If so well done.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I hate to be the ONE guy to point this out.
We are "infidels" according to the Qur'an.
I don't remember a passage in the bible saying that we should be killing muslims. (correct me if I am wrong please)
2:191 And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. And fight not with them at the Inviolable Place of Worship until they first attack you there, but if they attack you (there) then slay them. Such is the reward of disbelievers.

2:193 And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah.

2:216 Warfare is ordained for you, though it is hateful unto you; but it may happen that ye hate a thing which is good for you, and it may happen that ye love a thing which is bad for you. Allah knoweth, ye know not.

2:244 Fight in the way of Allah, and know that Allah is Hearer, Knower.

5:33 The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger and strive after corruption in the land will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land. Such will be their degradation in the world, and in the Hereafter theirs will be an awful doom.

And you wonder why people call muslims a bunch of nutcases, or why you're not allowed into mecca?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Theres worse than that if you were to meet a Muslim girls being of another faith her family would in all probability go ballistic.

I would bet my wages that you would be hounded away and quite possibly have serious damage done to you.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

All natives of Saudi Arabia would be muslims. This seems a fair assumption. All people who would be taxi drivers in Saudi Arabia would be muslim. It seems a fair assumption. How on earth would a non-muslim (non-native) become a taxi-driver?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I try to stay out of religious and political arguements because I think religion and politics have caused more death, hatred, and suffering than ANYTHING else in this world. (I won't get into my other beliefs about religion because it would probably cause a verbal riot in this forum)

However from what I understand of muslims there are two kinds.
There are the ones who are generally peaceful nice people and who think that the extreme rhetoric like I posted above is horrible.
And then there are the bloodthirsty die hard ones who think that anything non-muslim should be wiped from the face of the earth.

Think of it as the comparison between christians, and neo-nazi "christian" hategroups.

We should be careful not to lump them ALL into one group.

That being said, the mentally unstable, bloodthirsty, hate-filled ones who want to see anything non-muslim decapitated and dragged through the street are just as sick as the nazi pieces of trash who call themselves christian. And any good muslim will tell you pretty much the same thing.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Couldn't find the approriate link but heres another one showing how they view non muslims as criminals:
atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com...
It seems they have a kuffar fingerprinting technology.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sniper_Instructor

SI yes there are some quite shocking accounts of that here including some graphic images of the consequences:
www.dhushara.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
First of all, non-muslims are welcome to come and go to Mecca as they wish, as far as muslims are concerned. Secondly It is the Saudi Goverment that stops non-muslims from entering Mecca. The True Islamic faith is one of the most accepting faiths on the planet. They do not exclude non-muslims. This has been marred by the western media.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by AmbroseRokewood]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
reply to post by seriously,who cares?

Is that irony?
If so well done.

no,it wasnt irony.

their land,their beliefs,they can be bigots if they want,just stay away.

its none of anyones business but theirs.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by seriously,who cares?]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Im from Saudi Arabia and im not Muslim, although i have to hide the fact that i'm not from society and parents to avoid persecution and all that other ridiculous nonsense. I know i'm not the only one.

Take care

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by seriously,who cares?

I do not believe in Islam but I find the mosques and calls to prayer a beautiful thing to see in person. I would love to go to Mecca (probably not during the Hajj, as its way too crowded) to see the places where they do the Hajj pilgrimage in person. It is a huge cultural treasure. Why shouldn't I be allowed to see it? I'd never be stopped from going into any other religious site, except for the Dome of the Rock (which is also controlled by Islam). In my travels, Islamic sites are usually most restricted. In most hindu or buddhist temples you can go just about anywhere, as you can in most churches.

All the world religions restrict their holy sites some what. I can't wander into the Pope's residence in the Vatican. There are large portions of hindu temples that are restricted to anyone who doesn't take Shiva as their chief deity. I can't waltz up and have a personal audience at the Dalai Lama's residence.

However, Islam is the only case I've found where the entire city is not only forbidden to non-believers, but you can face serious consequences if your caught sneaking in. If I get caught wandering where I'm not supposed to in the Vatican I might get thrown out of Vatican City, if I do it in Mecca I'll be in jail.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

"I don't remember a passage in the bible saying that we should be killing muslims. (correct me if I am wrong please)"

Well there is this one:
"Anyone who blasphemes the name of the lord must be put to death.The entire assembly must stone him."
Lev 24:16

I guess that could include muslims.
As for your posts I agree with pretty much everything you say.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It is because they are scared to death of us and their women being told of the freedoms outside of that wretched, primitive, jealous, insecure land where they are NOT allowed to vote or drive a car.

It is a land of hypocritical fat, scared, cowardly pigs. A terribly insecure, inferior culture of enslavement through extreme violence. Everyone I know that is from there, and I know several, tells me so and they are all glad to be rid of that dark chapter of their lives. You should see how they prosper *anywhere else*!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
It is because they are scared to death of us and their women being told of the freedoms outside of that wretched, primitive, jealous, insecure land where they are NOT allowed to vote or drive a car.

It is a land of hypocritical fat, scared, cowardly pigs. A terribly insecure, inferior culture of enslavement through extreme violence. Everyone I know that is from there, and I know several, tells me so and they are all glad to be rid of that dark chapter of their lives. You should see how they prosper *anywhere else*!

Wow, that is really bigoted. This might be exactly why they don't let non-muslims into Mecca.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join