It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something in the bedroom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
We have been having holidays last week and drove up to the holiday house which lies in the middle of nowhere. On the second night my husband woke up to a pain in his nose. He thought he had been snoring again as when it occurs I many times squeeze his nose in order to make him turn sideways.

So he opened his eyes and saw this approximately 1m high apparition levitating above the bed. It was whitish gray in colour, had sharp edges (I don't know how to express it in English)and was not transparent. The shape of it was sort of key-holish (ha ha, so sort of a head could be seen.) The thing flew a few meters in vertical position and then disappeared like smoke from the bottom up. The room was lit as there was a full or nearly full moon.

Have any of you had a similar experience, my husband said that it was not scary as it disappeared so quickly.

So, did he even wake up the house ghost with the snoring??? Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
How strange, so the figure was similar to a keyhole?

Perhaps this kind of shape? 1 meter in height? So a head and body, but no arms/legs visable?

And after your Husband woke up and saw the apparition it went up through the ceiling?

Ever had any other paranormal experiences in the house?

If this is a regular occurance it may be worth setting up a camera.

You could do a few tests to see if you have paranormal activity, if your interested in finding out more.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by fill0000]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Yes, he drew it and it had a head (no facial features) and a body, no limbs. The shape looked like an oldfashioned keyhole to me.

He said it did not disappeat through the ceiling, it just vanished like smoke, first the bodypart and the "head" last.

Sisu06

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Sounds like a Hypnagogic/hypnopompic hallucination.

Hypnagogic hallucination: A vivid dreamlike hallucination that occurs as one is falling asleep. The opposite of an hypnopompic hallucination which is a vivid dreamlike hallucination that occurs as one is waking up.

Transition to and from sleep may be attended by a wide variety of sensory experiences. These can occur in any modality, individually or combined, and range from the vague and barely perceptible to vivid hallucinations.
Sights
Among the more commonly reported, and more thoroughly researched, sensory features of hypnagogia are phosphenes which can manifest as seemingly random speckles, lines or geometrical patterns, including form constants, or as figurative (representational) images. They may be monochromatic or richly coloured, still or moving, flat or three-dimensional (offering an impression of perspective). Individual images are typically fleeting and given to very rapid changes. They are said to differ from dreams proper in that hypnagogic imagery is usually static and lacking in narrative content, although others understand the state rather as a gradual transition from hypnagogia to fragmentary dreams, i.e. from simple ‘eigenlicht’ to whole imagined scenes. Hypnagogia can be induced with a Dreamachine, which uses a pulsing frequency of light close to alpha waves to create this effect. Descriptions of exceptionally vivid and elaborate hypnagogic visuals can be found in the work of Marie-Jean-Léon, Marquis d'Hervey de Saint Denys.

top topics

join