It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will be homeless

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I’m one of the kindest most giving caring people you’ll ever meet.
I’d give you gold before I gave you vinegar.
I’ve been without food, without a home (at a very young age) and I know first hand the hell it can be.

But what’s going on here is pure BS - in my opinion - and if that makes me a minority of one - it still doesn’t make me wrong.

You are also apparently, and IN MY OPINION..a hypocrite .
If you are always kicking people when they are down, that's not giving out much gold is it.
The OP wasn't asking for anything from anyone, just letting friends know not to worry about the absence.
For the record..MANY jobs and places to live are found through SOCIAL NETWORKING. It's not always what you know, but WHO you know.
And seriously, who are you to tell anyone to get off ATS and get a job?
Is there an employment criteria to be a member?
Even the best jobs can be eliminated in a heartbeat, and that doesn't make a person any less of a FAMILY member here.
A little civility and decorum please.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I want someone to tell me why I won't be able to eat in few months. It sounds insane but I could believe it if someone told me why.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Supreme_Chancellor
I want someone to tell me why I won't be able to eat in few months. It sounds insane but I could believe it if someone told me why.

Perhaps because you have Burger King as your avatar, and in a few months nobody will be able to afford fast food.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I`m living in northern Michigan . people dont get this yet. Just picked up a local newspaper . It has No help wanted adds. None nada zilch and this is in Travese city pop. 200,000

[edit on 18-10-2008 by bluemooone2]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Quit crying and quit bumming. Take responsibility for yourself and make do. If you drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes or do drugs quitting those can be your first step to a road to betterment.

I have no sympathy for bums because I have helped too many so far. If you are mentally competent you need to take a long look in the mirror and adjust your way of thinking. I can't believe you would come to ATS to spout some sob story about how the guy you were mooching from is kicking you out. Get real and grow up. I feel bad for the woman you are dragging down with you. For all I know, maybe she's the one dragging you down. I am turning my back on you now.

Good luck. I know how it is to think you're at the end of the road but I give kicks in the pants for free now. Get it together, man.

[edit on 10/18/2008 by Spoodily]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Where do you stay if you have a car? I've been homeless for days and the cops always knock at my car window and ask me what I'm doing.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Naaaah you dont get it yet.....

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tom_Proctor

And you have a car

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Look for a public center with a shower an stuff. Get in touch with the citys resourses. If theres a salvation army in the area contact them.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Spoodily

Karmic debt is a biotch.
Pray you never find yourself needing help from anyone.
The universe throws tenfold back at you what you put out there.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
I also have been applying to jobs (100-150 a WEEK) in person and on the net. Less in person because I have exhausted all the places around here (some know me when they see me coming!).

You've been applying for 100-150 jobs a WEEK, and have found nothing? It doesn't sound like there is a lack of jobs in your area!?

Maybe you need to lower your expectations, or take two jobs. Or really consider why it is that you are unable to get work after all those applications...

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
listen bro. i've been homeless as can be and i'll tell you what you need to do:

1. Get a job. if you can't find one where you are, move along, sitting around is going to help you. when your homeless, NO work is beneath you. you need to spend every waking hour trying to secure some degree of employment.

2. Save your money. when you do get a job, don't go blow your first check on a bottle of liquor. Buy things on the cheap that will feed you all week, like a big bag of rice, and some green veggies. Put anything you dont spend on the bare necessities towards a car.

3. Buy a car. this is the best investment you can make while homeless. its shelter on wheels. you can sleep in it, run electronics and appliances off of it, and its a vital tool when securing employment. I can't stress how badly you need this. You can get something half decent for 500-1000. if you play your cards right thats like 2 weeks work. then all you have to worry about is insurance.

4. Get a room. If you get a car, try and get to a ridiculously populated place. you will find it is easier to find work here, and there are more rooming houses with vacancies. Here in the North East , these don't come cheap, but even here you can find a small room with a communal bathroom for 100-150 a week. This is also crucial because it gives you protection from being assaulted in the street, plus, you'll have a bathroom to clean up in, which is huge as far as getting a decent job is concerned.
5. Learn a profitable skill. Listen, if I wasn't at work 60 hours a week and hearing a bunch of poop from the old lady the second I get home, the first thing i'd do is try to better myself skill-wise. If you actually have any free time aside from trying to find work or get your stuff together, use it wisely. If you sit around, you'll be in the same spot 2 years from now with a bottle, and the same clothes on. Honestly, the last thing you need to be doing is f-ing around on a computer. Unless of course you are using it to get your IT skills up for a job, or looking for a job. Or researching a skill. But, sadly, you do NOT have time to play in internet forums right now. I dunno where your from but its October in the NE and the clock is ticking. Buck up brotha, and get yourself out of this.

You don't need to take my advice, but a lot of the people on here are encouraging you to get elaborate tent set ups and all this other crazy stuff, when in reality, what you need to do is work as many jobs, as many hours, as many days as you can until you can live like a normal person. Everyone on here has you in there prayers but don't forget bud, prayers don't fix this, you fix this. If you can't do any of the above, come to New Jersey and I'll personally find you a job. They are everywhere here as long as you aren't on drugs, and will actually show up.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spoodily

I feel bad for the woman you are dragging down with you. For all I know, maybe she's the one dragging you down. I am turning my back on you now.

Not for nothin', but I think Ameterasu is a female...

Originally posted by Amaterasu
My fiance is an inventor and is one of 13 out of over 1,000 that is still in the running on a search for new ideas. We will know on the 27th if his idea was selected, and if it was, that's $2,500 right away and then royaties - IF the universe does not fall apart.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Access U are building up bad karma as we speak GL with that . Anonymous your advice is right on . It sucks and its hard but persevere and dont give up
actully Access is right hmmm the good deeds uve done will come back to you in a time like this (sry Access , just reread your posts)

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

She is the woman in question. And her posts an excellent example of what a terrific person she is. In comparison, your post is lacking that information about you.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I am truly sorry to hear of this set back in your life. Be strong and persevere and surely you will recover from this. Hopefully you don't have children, that would make things much more difficult and depressing. I have been homeless twice and both times I had children with me. What a sad time it was for us. But I continued to search for solutions and both times I was successful. Good luck to you.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Access U are building up bad karma as we speak GL with that . Anonymous your advice is right on . It sucks and its hard but persevere and dont give up

That would be YOUR opinion. I sleep well at night thank you.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
we have a spare bedroom.
we're in florida. space coast.
just about the right time for good weather.
email me if you still need a place to live.
[email protected]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GodshipForAll

I lived off of 300.00 a month, no elec. no heat, no air, only water (cold)
and sterno cans and a grill and ice chest for my luxuries. On top of that I had breast cancer.
Pray about it.........I did.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey
I am sorry to hear of your situation. I found this homeless blog website a few months ago and was overwhelmed with the amount of information and resources the writer provides for the homeless. After reading it, I felt fairly confident that I could live out of my car successfully (at least for awhile).

guide2homelessness.blogspot.com...

Good luck to both of you and I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Annestacey

Thank you for the link! I appreciate it greatly!

Things will work out. [smile] Thanks again!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join