It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will be homeless

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I can sympathize, there is always a way out though and you must try for a solution, after all people have had worse situations and succeeded.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by Horus12]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Not nice being homeless it happened to us earlier this year, Me my wife and 4 children. We had our home possessed by the Mortgage Company. I'd fallen ill couldn;t keep the payments up.

We were offered a place in a hostel, however it was full of druggies and Alcoholics. Luckily the Royal British Legion stepped in (I was a paratrooper for 18 years) They provided a bond and assistace to enable us to get a rented home.

Hope it works out for you guys

Best Wishes

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Wow that's so nice that your country provides help to its soldiers. In America, a very large percentage of the homeless are veterans, sadly.

I hope everything works out for you, OP. It looks like I might be headed for the same situation myself. Planning on heading south for the winter first though so I don't freeze to death.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Check out www.workingcouples.com

I am sure you can find something on there that you would like

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Local news stations... They should help word get out that you're looking to stay with someone in how you would in the area the station broadcasts to.

Here in Detroit sometimes I would see ppl displayed on the news who are seeking help in something or help with something, and the news stations, trying to keep a 'good sameritan (sp?)/for the ppl' image, put the story out and tell whoever watching that would like to help to contact the news station about it or them (the person in need) with contact info.

I seen this one story on the news a long while ago where some woman's van got stolen, and she had a bunch of kids, and I think she was strugglely, and the news she, I guess contacted, put the story on the news broadcast, and in a follow up later some company I think (not just an average person) hooked her up with a van. The thing is a company would help since news gets them some good advertizement anyway.

"Make to yourselves friends with mammoth". If they see you helping them get paid in the long run, they will help you free of cost I think is the message with that saying.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This is a story that will be repeated with increased frequency as this empire's collapse grinds away towards total destruction. Many now reading about the plight of these people will soon be able to write their own similar story. It is time to forget about what used to be. The "system" is not worthy of respect. There are no failures. Time to think out of the box.....

Empires collapse...... NO EXCEPTIONS!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by k-string

No you miss interpreted Sniper_Instructor

The local council i.e. government offered to put him his wife and kids in a hostel with druggies and alcoholics.

The royal British legion is a service for ex military personnel.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by k-string

There are three Veterans agencies in the UK that provide financial, moral and other services for ex Soldiers.
The Royal British Legion
Soldiers Sailors Airamans and Families Association (ssafa)
The Army Benevolent Fund
There are quite a few ex soldiers that slip through the net though, and are homeless. The three agencies are excellant in offering assistance and recieve no government funding they are all Charities.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Ah,damn Amaterasu,I am sorry to hear about that.I will be sending you and your fiance good wishes you will find a home.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Amaterasu. My thoughts are with you. Perhaps you should find your way to a bigger city. More opportunity to make a quick buck and to find whatever you need. Hitch-hike if need be.

From what I've read, NYC has a top notch outreach program to help people stay sheltered when they need it. Use the libraries as mentioned by others, to look for work.

NYC- Shelter info

If you don't like that option. I might try and hitch all the way south for the warmer winter, if I were in your place. I only suggest this because there are 2 of you. I can be dangerous if you're alone.

As I said, my thoughts are with you, my friend. I wish there was something more I could do for you. Be well.

[edit on 10/18/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Listen - anyone who can spend time posting to a internet forum while facing a future of living on the street must not really be all that concerned about their living conditions.
That or they truly need a reality check.
Come on!
Considering you’re almost homeless what are you doing on the computer posting to ATS?
Hanging out here lamenting to people who don’t know you in *real life* isn‘t going to achieve anything.
You really think peoples *best wishes* here are going to add up to something that will keep you warm at night?
No. They wont do diddley when you’re out on the street.
You might think I’m being cruel but guess what, someone has to have the sack to say it - and as unkind as it may seem - it isn’t.
Look at the bright side.
Getting away from the computer might be the best thing for you - help you get your priorities straight.

I dunno - something about this just doesn't sit well with me at all.
I've been there done that and the last place you'd find me when I should be being responsible and taking care of myself (and loved ones?) was on the bleeding computer.
Geesh, I was 14 when it happened to me and I knew better then.

Anyway, Good luck to you and I hope all works out well.

...taps...

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I feel for you, have been there too. Campfires are warm but winter is headed our way and weather change is the hardest to get used to, easiest time to get sick.
I hope all goes well with the invention and you move forward until one day you can look back on theses times with a smile for how far you have come.
Tried local churches? Even the police will help sometimes. Never hurts to ask or to look into all of your options before heading for the woods.
Best of luck to you. Come back soon.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Come on silo, that was a bit insensitive. When everything else is lost, friends mean a lot, wherever they are.

Hopefully this will turn into a collection of useful ideas and advice as well as well-wishing, anyway.

Reading the OP I felt real anger regarding the bankers' bailout for the first time. A bottomless pit of money tipped into the laps of parasitic gamblers and swindlers while the average Joe, trying to make an honest buck stares real need in the face.

Amaterasu - brave of you to be so honest about your circumstances. Dignity is inward, not outward. Never lose hope.

God bless.

[edit on 18/10/08 by pause4thought]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I really wish there was something I could do for you....

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I am sorry to read this Amaterasu, I live in the UK so I can't even help you. I hope that a solution comes your way soon.

I wish you the best of luck for the future, and I'll keep my fingers crossed on the 27th.

And make sure you use that library and stay with us on ATS!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Is it possible to live somewhere as 'anti squatting'? It could be anything, an actual apartment, a school or an office. Could you and other people in the same situation not rent together a flat? Cramped but better than living in the streets. These are just ideas out of the top of my head. I hope you are going to find housing very soon.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Double posting.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by QueenofWeird]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Come on silo, that was a bit insensitive. When everything else is lost, friends mean a lot, wherever they are.

Yes, friends do mean a lot.
And a real friend tells someone the truth, no matter how hard it may be to hear.
I understand your point - hopefully you can understand mine.

In the mean time my prayers will be with the OP - in hopes they stay off the internet and all it’s social networks in order to straighten out their life so this kind of thing doesn't happen again.

...taps...

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

If I need some vinager I am sure to knock on your acid door. Good grief! You're annoyed that the OP should be on ATS instead of making sure that this will never happen to them again? How do you know what actually happened to them?? Why shouldn't she reach out to the ATS community, there might just be somebody out here that has the solution.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I am still thinking about possible solutions. Would you like to work as a nanny that lives with the family? This would be only a solution for you and not your boyfriend. www.greataupair.com... is a site. There is actually a family in your region that are looking for a nanny but is is for September to December 2008, and it does not say whether they allready found somebody.

Another option, but I do not know how to get such a position but maybe you do, is to become the super of a building. It would be work and a place at the same time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join