It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will be homeless

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I have tried to notify my friends on ATS of this, one at a time, but the "flood control" is making it rough.

Seeing nowhere to post this specifically, I chose this section, but mods may see a better place...

A note to my friends:

As of Sunday, we (my fiance and I) will have to be out of where we are - the people we have been staying with, doing domestic, organization and yard work, will need the space for a friend who is in the same boat as we are (unable to find work, would be homeless).

I am sorry they had to choose. I am sure it was a difficult choice for them.

I will try to make it onto ATS when I can, but it is likely to be rare.

I thank you for your friendship and look forward to better times.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I lived out of a backpack for awhile, Tent Sleeping bags, radio, books, comping gear ans stoves, even my laptop and scored free wireless in places....wasnt so bad Im actually thinking of going billy madison style with a sick circus tent deal haha ...

anyways sorry to hear your prediciment, and best of luck to both of you.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I am so sorry, I wish there was something I could do for you and yours.
What region of the country are you?
I want to help I just dont know what to do.
Hopefully there is a local library with internet in your area so you can check in.
Be safe and let me know if I can help.
We are in the Southeast.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GodshipForAll

My husband did this when he was single. He had a pickup with a camper shell over the bed. He actually enjoyed it a great deal.
I think if you asked him which time he enjoyed more, then or now with 3 kids, 2 dogs, a wife, bills etc. he would hands down choose living out of his truck.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I don't know you from Adam, but I'm genuinely sorry to hear this.

I sincerely wish you luck and best wishes for the future, whatever it holds for you.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Sorry to hear of your plight,I'm sure depending on the area in which you live will help out,but with winter comming up I don't see how living off the land could be that adventurous,I sincerly hope things get better for you,kind of like the saying things get worse before they get better,if you think about that statement pretty hollow

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I'm very sorry. I hope you find something soon.

Having said that, I have been homeless and the experience wasn't horrible, Granted it was in the 70s and in Phoenix, so things were much different.

My sister and her husband lived out of their van for several months a few years ago... They are now in a home and fine.

I wish you all the best... Good luck to you.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I don't know you, but I am sorry to hear it as well. (There but for the sake of a paycheck go I.)

The library suggestion is a great idea. Not just to hook up to the internet, but to also use to try to help your situation: find community resources for any possible help with jobs/housing; find practical books on frugal living and maybe even camping or survival ideas, anything else you can think of. With the internet so entrenched in our lives as a reference source, we often forget how valuable a library can be. Think of it as a tangible internet with some meat on it's bones. You could spend a day there and not be bothered. If you have someone allowing you to use their mailing address, getting a card should be easy.

Good luck with everything.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I don't know you at all either, but I'm very sorry to hear your situation.

I hope this is a very temporary situation, and things get better real soon.

All the best to you.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I an so sorry to hear of the situation you're in...never happened to me, thank god, but it does and will happen to the best of us.

I will be thinking about you, and praying that you find a solution soon. Maybe we all need to ask for some real divine intervention here, and an answer will appear in time...maybe someone will read this who can help, or you will be offered a place somehwere...even a motorhome can be a pretty decent place to live.

Wishing you the best...

Cait x

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about your predicament.

I've been homeless myself, but thanks to the good nature of a certain friend who allowed me to live on his couch I managed to get by...

It was a tough situation to be in... I was stuck, no money, no hom, no job and was suffering from depression as a result of a break up with the ex.

BUT... I got myself through it, I pulled myself through the dark times and now i have my own place and i'm studying for a degree and have two jobs.... so there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

It really changed my outlook on life too.

Best of luck friend, I wish you good fortune.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
So sorry you find yourselves in this position. I feel a kinship with you because you are part of the ATS family.

I don't know where you live now but will tell you that south Georgia is still going strong. There are still jobs but may not be just hat you want to do forever. Our grass stays green all year and there is always yard work to do as this is a tourist area.

Lots of jobs in the food industry also. There are only a couple of months that we could have freezing temperatures. You could live very well in a tent year round here.

There is an abundance of fish, crabs, craw fish and shrimp in our waters so you could eat well also in this area if you have any ability with a fishing pole and/or a shrimp net.

We have a few homeless on our streets but they are treated kindly by the residents. The local law enforcement is very tolerant also. As long as you keep a low profile, don't start fights or break the regular laws you are pretty much ignored.

I am not in my home town today. I am in Albany taking some classes at Darton College for a week. This place is very busy and I see no effects from a money shortage here. It's so busy here.

My best wishes to ya'll as you set out on your new adventure. It won't kill you. I did it for a couple of years during the hippie movement in the late 60's and early 70's. We received a lot of help from young people where ever we traveled to.

Load em up and move em out. It's a new day for you.

If you make it down south give me a shout here at ATS. We'll go from there.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
If this is the bottom ,then there is nowhere to go but up.
We will await your return to our family.
Take care, and be safe.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I'll be praying about your situation. First of all, I hope someone can get you hooked up with something. It depends on what area your in. Blessings.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I am sorry for your anguish, but do realise, as the old quote goes, that life has a way of disguising it's biggest gifts under it's worse problems. Stay centered and balanced and you will be fine.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Thank you all so much!

I am sure things will work out. I just wanted everyone to know why I wasn't posting like a fiend as I usually do.

I am in the Finger Lakes region of New York State (midstate), for those of you who are asking.

My fiance is an inventor and is one of 13 out of over 1,000 that is still in the running on a search for new ideas. We will know on the 27th if his idea was selected, and if it was, that's $2,500 right away and then royaties - IF the universe does not fall apart.

I am good friends with the local librarian, and she has been very helpful, so library access will happen, but a large part of the time will be spent looking for work.

Still, I will peek in here now and again. [smile]

Thanks again, and again, I appreciate you all so very much.

a

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Avoid the cold coming at all costs. Hotels have lobbies. Go hotel to hotel just so none of them can question why you are in their lobby for so long.

Write out a contract with someone that you'll pay them soon as you get the money if you two can stay with them. That someone can be a someone in the caring industry. If you were down south where there is hospitality it would surely work out with even who would be strangers at first. But since you are in New York go to someone professional who is in a caring type industry. I mean, they wouldnt be in it is they honestly care for ppl. They shouldnt mind you two staying with them for a while or till you all get back on foot.

Old ppl usually have caring hearts too. Since they know they'd want someone to take care of them soon. So if you can find an old person or old couple who shouldnt have kids living with them, who arent that old, and see if they'll help you out in exchange for you helping them out in some BIG way.

These ideas dont bite.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

Thanks for the ideas. We have been running a craigslist ad (a couple of 'em!) that says we will work for a room, but nothing is coming of it. We have answered ads, too, but no one gets back to us.

We are in the middle of nowhere with no vehicle, sadly - no money for a bus ride, one single hotel with no real lobby (old and run down), and so on.

We do have down comforter, wool blankets, other blankets, foam mattresses, and pillows by the score.

We have several boxes of food, and the area is forested, so plenty of firewood.

We will get by. [smile]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I don't know you either but I doubt that matters much. We are all family here on ATS right? I am sorry to hear about your situation. I have been down and out before too. My problem was I was too stubborn to ask for help. Esp from my family. Still to this day I have never asked them for help but I would give them my last dollar if they needed it.

I would check out everything I could (library) to see what's available by way of assistance in your area or the next. If you need to change locations, I would see if there is someway of obtaining assistance to get you to that new location so you can find a job and a home again.

I truly hope your situation changes for the better and soon! Take care.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
By the way, I remember when I looked for a place to hide out on the net with ppl who only knew me netly... Not one of them would help me lay low till something cooled off. I offered them what? $400 if I could stay out of state a month with them. I told them the details too to my situation and some had the nerve to kick a guy when he's down. After I got out the situation on my own and told them...I noticed those same ones who kicked a guy down still were on my case as if they could down me when I was up and showing em how I get paid and all now. Basically, I would have helped them if they were in the situation I was in I made known like if I werent in it but they were. Not everyone is cold if I'm not cold says so.

I wish I would run into someone cold now or previously cold to me. I'd deal with them one way or the other just to show em what colder is.

If you go for a shelter I'm sure you wouldnt want to go for a shelter in NY. As for your belongings... you can give them to someone like a neighbor who will keep it and give it back being neighborly.

If you were here in Detroit I dont think the ppl I live with would let you all stay not even for money, even though I would for a certain time without seeking a lil money till your beck on foot, but I'm sure they wouldnt mind you putting your belongings here for free since the basement is big. I'm in a condo with fam. Though I hate to say such since you all arent here like a fishing pole with a tease tied at the end or something.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by Mabus]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join