It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Philip exposes Google

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Prince Philip exposes Google

www.news.com.au

BRITAIN'S Prince Philip, who has a long history of provoking embarrassing moments, unintentionally left Google chiefs red-faced this week.
The 87-year-old was visiting the online giant's London headquarters with Queen Elizabeth II, and its bosses were giving them a presentation of the signature Google Earth application.

Using Buckingham Palace as an example, they demonstrated how it could zoom in close to show astonishing detail of buildings, streets and even vehicles from a bird's eye view.

Prince Philip, always ready with polite questions at such functions, asked if it could beam in on Google's own offices, the plush but relatively new buildings in which they were all gathered.

"Do you know where it is?" he asked, according to the Times account of the incident.

With a few mouse clicks, the computer screen scanned across the few hundred metres from Buckingham Palace to Belgrave House, Google's HQ in nearby Buckingham Palace Road ... but it wasn't there.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Another prize Google moment gone wrong!

Only if only google would keep their maps up to date then all this could be avoided. And perhaps all those threads about the satellite anomalies would have been addressed immediately.. but if the company can't be bothered to fix something as simple as their own address on google maps, what hope do we have :p

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
hahahaha

when i saw him in the title first thought whats the crazy old greek done now

when it mentioned zooming in on buckingham palace i thought here it comes here it comes ...... whats he gonna say now

bless him he still did the jogging thing so it wasnt a wasted trip

and google not having them selves on the map .... just how long has the building been there? lets face google earth while a great tool (or would be) is badly looked after mind you its free so not like they are gonna waste much time keeping it totally upto date

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Thanks for the post!
*Still chuckling*
I’d of love to have been a fly on the wall!
(I Guess I could have been if I was looking - or not)?
hehehe
Two Points for the Prince!

...taps...

new topics

top topics

join