It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro Life Obama Supporter? An Oddity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
So here is something interesting that I witnessed today. I saw a anti-abortion Obama supporter in the red state of Tennessee. I am anti-abortion and live in a red state but I am not republican. I am an independent. I lean towards the libertarian party but don't vote on the party system. I tend to vote for a third party unless I am voting against an incumbent that I want to see out of office.

Driving down the road in Tennessee you may see what I saw today. A white Lexus sporting a support Obama bumper sticker and a "Choose Life" license plate. This falls into the category of political double speak of some sort. How can you be anti-abortion and support Obama, especially when you live in a red state.

Has anyone else seen political oddities such as this one? If so please post your political oddity story here.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Sound to me like the person has a brain and a heart. The heart says pro life, the brain says I support a lot more of Obamas policies than McCains. Therfore I refuse to be a one issue voter and chose to use logic when casting my vote and support for someone. Ahhhhhh logic, gotta love it!

Edit to add; I am bringing a pro McCain guy to an Obama rally in KCMO today. He said I have 18 days to change his mind. Ahhhhh, a guy who is willing to at least listen to what Obama has to say. Open minds are awesome, there are many out there who should get one!

[edit on 18-10-2008 by Cowgirlstraitup7]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
By having the "Choose Life" lisence plate I would logically assume that this was an important issue to the driver. Perhaps the most important issue. It would seem quite odd that someone who apparently is so pro-life is also pro-Obama, but you must give them the benefit of the doubt and assume he/she made the logical choice of liking Obama based on a multitude of different issues, this one issue aside.

That, or it's just an ignorant fool who doesn't know where Obama stands on relevent issues, just simply likes Obama. I hope it was the first, but most likely it was the latter.

Edit to add:

Cowgirl, I have been to both a McCain rally and an Obama rally, but I don't see how a rally would change your friend's mind? It's one thing for Obama to speak at a rally but it's another to research Obama's actual positions on different issues. Rallies don't do much more than bring a group of like-minded people together and pump them up. At least in my experience that's how it was.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by Alexander_Supertramp]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
[. How can you be anti-abortion and support Obama, especially when you live in a red state.]

I am anti abortion ...but I believe that every single Republican since the days when abortion was legalized has used that one for ever ...and it is still legal isnt it ? What has been done ?Nothing but the talking about it ....
In fact we are about going down the path the Chinese did ..everyone is saying kids are having too many kids etc ...and welfare is rampant to those women who kept their babies .....and everyone complains about those SAME WOMEN who did not get an abortion are having those babies on THEIR TAX MONEY ..and living off it for life ....the Republicans have this complaint more than ANYONE ELSE >>(in my circle of Republican friends anyway)

My own personal opinion is they are gonna kill babies no matter what ..if we did not have those clinics ..then there would be so many babies and mothers on the streets it wouldnt be funny ...they would also be trying to get them out themselves (in some of the worst ways possible) there will also be many diseased and sick kids that society would have to raise from the drug addicted mothers and from lack of food during pregancy and sicknesses from the women not taking care of herself .(It would damage those babies badly)...in the orphanage that are already overflowing at the seams now even with abortion being legal .

I dont think it should have ever been legalized to begin with ..because now we have opened a pandoras box and it cannot be closed now ..so I am going to just say they must have a purpose then ..because nothing happens without a reason ...*(thats my opinion anyway )

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
You have a very good point Alexander. I have spoke at length about Obamas policies and showed Obamas website to said friend. His response; "yeah I agree but he scares me". When pressed he cannot elaborate. So this rally will be fun. I can't wait to see how he reacts. He's union and his union is also giving him heck for not being on the Obama bandwagon. You gotta give him some credit for standing his ground. But I can't understand how his ground is bulit on "he scares me".

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Reply to Cowgirlstraitup7

Stupid reply button's not working for me...

That's even worse! If you're going to be for/against something, at least know WHY!! I actually had a friend tell me just the other day that she would vote Bush in office again, and I said WHY?!?!?!?! She responded by saying, and I quote, "He seems like a sincere guy and he's a cute old man."

Needless to say, I went on a huge rant about his policies and why I disagreed with them...she probably won't talk politics with me again

It's just sad that so many people are close-minded and ignorant of so many things, and don't care about the truth or the betterment of their fellow man/woman.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
wait so he doesnt agree with 1 thing Obama says so must vote for McCain?

sorry thats idiot think

if McCain says ill ban abortion but youll give up what few rights you still have and live in carecamps where for doing what your told youll be fed and clothed and treated a bit better then cattle

youd vote McCain becasue he is anti abortion?

if he/she feels Obama will make a better president and lead the country to a better place then go with that

you can still march/protest/petition/stand on street corner and shout against the abortion laws while he is president

[edit on 18/10/08 by noobfun]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
There are prolifers that are torn by the abortion rights of the Democratic party and the support of executions and the Iraq War by the Republicans. As some believe that all killing is wrong. They may have chosen what they viewed as the lesser of two evils.

new topics

top topics

join