It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Account deletion / renaming?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Hi all,

I would like to know if I could have this account deleted permanently, or get a name change.

I thought if I want to be a long time member here I've gotta have an account name that I like :p

I've tried changing the email on this account to my temp address, and creating a new account but says the email is already registered to another member, and I don't want more than one email address.

Is there a way around this?

I was going to do a search but it's offline at the moment.

Thanks.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by The Dave]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by The Dave

No way around it from my understanding... if an account was deleted or renamed, there would be ripple effects and it would mess up other parts of the site, at least that's my understanding... I haven't seen the question come up for quite some time.

Unless you absolutely can't stand your username, I'd just stick with it. It seems pretty good to me, I've seen a lot worse.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Don't sweat it Dave; most of us pay little attention to account names except to identify our fellow ATS members. I often wish myself that I had bothered to come up with something really cool and clever instead of just my first name, but oh well. I'm Heike and stuck with it in all aspects of my life.

When you get a few more points you can go to the ATS store (in MemCenter) and give yourself an interesting title that folks will see and more accurately describes you (like mine says Opinion Donor because I'm always giving my opinion whether you wanted it or not), or use what you think you'd rather have as your account name in your signature.

Congrats on your decision to stick around and a belated welcome to ATS; hope to see you in the threads!

Heike (aka The_Dragon_Lady, Open_Minded_Skeptic, Redneck_Witch, OKinOK, and lots of other marginally clever things I won't get to use for an account name)

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Every thing is going to be OK Dave. That's a mighty fine name you have.

The problem gets serious when you have more that one personality and don't get along with any of them. Then you are stuck with using one personality. Oh wait..that may be a good thing.

What name did you want? A more exotic, dragonish or futuristic name?

You are "The Dave". The one and only. I think it's a cool name.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by dizziedame]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Thanks all for the kind words

dizzie I wanted nerfherder, I use it on all the other forums I'm on and well, I'm a perfectionist
I should have just used that name in the beginning lol.

No biggie, I guess it ain't that bad!

[edit on 18-10-2008 by The Dave]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by The Dave

Did you ever get a response from the staff?
I U2ued them for you the night you first posted this.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Hi dog, thanks for doing that.

Haven't had a U2U from them yet.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Try using the "contact" link at the bottom of the page.

I think your situation qualifies.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Thanks dog I'll take a look at that.

By the way, sorry I didn't reply to your U2U, I'm a bit new to the system so wasn't sure I had a message :p

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Not on ATS you can't.
If my understanding of how SO has the board setup, it'd require running many, many queries, and altering many many fields. It's way too much hassle.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Why not just create a new account? You have only created 3 threads and you only have 38 posts so far.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Because I would have to use a new email address and I don't want more than one.

top topics

join