It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe everything you're told?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Fellow Democrats and Republicans... do you believe everything you are being told by either of the candidates?

Do you believe they will follow through on all of their policies, on all of their promises?

How much change do you think they will bring? Will it be a positive change?

I'm just asking the question because I think you should really think about why you support some candidate, not, just because of what they say, but because of their party affiliation, and what their party stands for, because that will determine a lot of the policies they make. So when someone says they are going to bring change and they're for the country first they might just bring more of the same, or, like, a Democrat just might bring a change in the tone in Washington, or a change in ideology with how they handle politics, which may be good or bad depending on how they handle it. It's just a thought here. Don't be a sheep.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
LOL I started a similar post over here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

One person responded...

I think they are happy in their shells... its sad...

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I don't believe much will change. I also believe both are lying and also promising things they will never deliver on. I think the media has been unfair not only to the reps, but Independents and other parties running for President. But more then that they the media have been unfair to the American public. Instead of taking sides and allowing politicians to spurn their lies, the media should tear apart the candidates plans and call them for what they really are. They have truly done a disservice to the American people especially the majority who rely on the media for their main source of information.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Fellow Democrats and Republicans... do you believe everything you are being told by either of the candidates? Do you believe they will follow through on all of their policies, on all of their promises?

I tend to take whatever either side says with a grain of salt. I would like to see them follow through on their promises of a better America, more jobs, health care, and whatever else. But, alas, i'm at the crossroads of if i'll even vote this year. Kinda sad when this will be my first year that i'm even eligible to vote. I'm no political historian but, I highly doubt any president has kept every promise they've made. Hopefully they put a dent in the list of their more major promises and policies.

How much change do you think they will bring? Will it be a positive change?

Well, I believe whoever is elected will bring change regardless of their platforms. As for a specific, I have no real definite opinion at the moment. Hopefully it's positive change, always wish for the best.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Do I believe they can make good changes or do I believe they want to make good changes.

My answer depends on which one you are really asking

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
The economy is going to change us whether we want to or not.

At this point I'm just wondering how each is going to respond to those changes.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Well I am a really good judge of character, I think Obama will try to do everything he says he will.
He has a lot of reason to be the best he can be. Without showing prejudice, his color will make him realize everyday how substantial his presidency will be. If he screws up then it will paint a bad picture for his race. He isnt up there saying crap that will win him the presidency. Hes making statements that will help the country - good or bad.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I'm a Libertarian at heart. I tend to not believe anything people tell me until I can cross-reference with several sources.

Ultimately, I like to believe I make the best decisions for me. I'm open to suggestions, assistance, information, etc....but in the end, I would like to make the decisions that impact me myself.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Polticians are lawyers,if you'll notice only ones not sworn in to court,good rule of thumb I always use,how can you tell if a polititian is lying? watch his lips move

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I learned a long time ago that it really doesn't matter who is in office. The President only has so much power. If we have a situation where the political party of the President and house and senate are all the same (majorities in house and senate) then MASSIVE changes come upon our nation with no checks and balances like the founders hoped for.

The times of Reagan is a good example. And while the economy seemed strong at the time, as we have all seen, it quickly changed once "new blood" came into place.

More and more I see how other countries in this world have power over the decisions that our government makes. I still am not sure if this is completely a bad thing, but I know it is not what the founders of this country wanted.

But the world has "moved on" from the time of the founders, so some global alliance is very necessary.

More and more, through executive orders and back room shenanigans we see that the voice of the people does not have influence anymore.

All politicians promise you the world, I have never seen one that truly followed through on his promises. Greed and corruption are the motivators once people are elected to power. Not concern for the country or the people living in it.

Unfortunately, many countries in the rest of the world look at how America is supposed to set up, and when America does something wrong that hurts the rest of the world (see current economic crisis) they blame ALL Americans. Because we are SUPPOSED to have a system where the people have the ultimate control.

But American people don't remember that they have power themselves. So we've lost it.

And politicians know this too, so they stroke us with platitudes and empty promises to get our vote, then they do whatever they want and sell out to the highest bidding lobbyist.

The only difference is are we going to move faster or slower to the realization of the NWO. Either way, we are still going to be headed in the same direction.

top topics

join