It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large-scale Iranian Air force exercise simulates attack on Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Large-scale Iranian Air force exercise simulates attack on Israel

www.debka.com

DEBKAfile’s military sources report that the drill beginning Thursday, Oct. 16 in northern Iran, is Tehran’s rejoinder to Israel’s big aerial maneuver last June.

Then, more than 100 Israeli fighter-bombers went through their paces over the Mediterranean and Aegean Seas, roughly the same distance from Israel as Iran.

Tehran’s media claim the exercise will test its air force’s ability to fly to Israel and back without refueling.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Not sure about the source and I cannot find any other information to verify this claim. But if true it is scary. I know every military runs exercises for potential attack scenarios but getting insight into what foreign countries consider high priority is interesting nonetheless.

I hope that this isnt true but with all the rhetoric and saber rattling from all sides, it wouldnt surprise me if it were true.

www.debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
yeah...and?

ABC ran a friggin mini-series about the US having a nuclear exchange with Russia during the 80s.

Not trying to be rude to OP but stories such as these serve only 1 purpose (side).

new topics

join