It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weapons inspectors in Area 51

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Can this be achieved? it seems to be perfectly OK for America or Britain to go to some small country developing their nuclear facilities and demand to search the whole damn country for WMDs, Iraq, Iran, Korea. And if anything remotely linked to weapons is found they are told get rid or we'll get rid for you. (in the case of America i find a total contradiction here, you spout the right to bear arms to protect yourself, and the right to have a nuclear deterrant. so if its good for one why not for all? not my viewpoint, i'd rather get rid of all weapons worldwide) Which brings me back to my point, is there some law/policy/whatever that gives countries the right to check on others and if so how can we go about using it to check America, places like area 51. im sure there are new biological weapons being developed and stored there.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoswatchinwho
...places like area 51. im sure there are new biological weapons being developed and stored there.

Ummm... What about the UK? You guys have nukes.
Can we inspect those?
Confiscate them?
Why not?

As long other nations possess nukes the US will too.
The point of keeping Iran from acquiring them is their supposed support of terrorists organizations - state sponsored terrorism is what they call it.

Also the fact that they have threatened Israel's existence makes Iran a potential world war starter. Iran with Nukes? Insane.

Speaking of insane, if North Korea weren't run by a crazy man I don't think anyone would be too concerned about their scenario.

It all boils down to trying to keep the weapons from spreading. The more countries that have them, the higher the chances are for a city of a few million souls to be incinerated. Instead of spreading nukes to every nation it would be much safer for every nation to lower the number and hopefully the potential for their use.

That said, if Italy wants a nuke, who cares? If Australia or Brazil wanted nukes I don't think anyone would be too upset about it. None of these countries have behaved belligerently towards another nation.

I think your suggestion is quite unrealistic.

Also, Bio-Weapons are not on Groom Lake's menu. It is an aerospace facility. You'd find more Bio-Weapons in a few select university labs than you would on the Nellis test range.

[edit on 10-18-2008 by intelgurl]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Ummm... What about the UK? You guys have nukes.
Can we inspect those?
Confiscate them?
Why not?

thats my point, can any country inspect any other. and i think you'll find that the most if not all nukes here in the UK are American.

It all boils down to trying to keep the weapons from spreading. The more countries that have them, the higher the chances are for a city of a few million souls to be incinerated. Instead of spreading nukes to every nation it would be much safer for every nation to lower the number and hopefully the potential for their use.

so why doesn't America get the ball rolling by getting rid of theirs.

Also, Bio-Weapons are not on Groom Lake's menu. It is an aerospace facility. You'd find more Bio-Weapons in a few select university labs than you would on the Nellis test range.

and you know this how? as far as im lead to believe the American government still denies area 51 even exists never mind what its developing.

anyway what i was asking was if America and us Brits can go to other places to check why cant they. I'd bet if korea asked to inspect us they get polite NOOOOO.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

...and i think you'll find that the most if not all nukes here in the UK are American.

British nuclear warheads are designed and developed at the Atomic Weapons Establishment at Aldermaston. They are manufactured at the Royal Ordnance Factory at Burghfield and at Aldermaston, using components made at the Royal Ordnance Factory at Cardiff. Source

so why doesn't America get the ball rolling by getting rid of theirs.

The US and Russia are both reducing the number of nukes they have, but quite frankly the US cannot afford to get rid of all it's nukes until every other nuke possessing country does - it's called deterent.

Originally posted by whoswatchinwho...as far as im lead to believe the American government still denies area 51 even exists never mind what its developing.
A51 is no longer denied by the US Gov't. I think that stopped back in the 1990's.
It is an aerospace development facility, not a biological warfare lab.

Originally posted by whoswatchinwhowhat i was asking was if America and us Brits can go to other places to check why cant they. I'd bet if korea asked to inspect us they get polite NOOOOO.

The US doesn't inspect other countries nuclear arsenals - that is the job of the UN body for non-proliferation, the UNMOVIC & the IAEA.
That said, the US defense contractor Lockheed has been hired by the UK to secure their nukes and make them safer.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by whoswatchinwho

Area 51 is a non nuclear area. They do not have nukes as they are a Test Wing. The US has Russian inspectors come to its nuclear bases annually or per the current treaty. It is no big deal when they do come, and the group is quite nice.

Edited to add:

We have three ICBM bases with 450 missiles/warheads, two nuclear bomber bases with the nuclear bombs in storage, and numerous nuclear submarines out there with missiles on them. Other nuclear weapons are in storage and the Russians know where they are and can inspect all of them.

[edit on 10/19/2008 by kidflash2008]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Can't tell you how I know, but I will tell you that Russia and other countries have inspected Area 51 and other top secret US facilities for nuclear, chemical, and biological weaponry under a publicly known and published international inspection treaty.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl

That said, if Italy wants a nuke, who cares?

Italy does not have [REDACTED] weapons, per se.

However there are certain [REDACTED] that can be made available to them if needed on [REDACTED] notice from certain [REDACTED] allies.

Edit:

I should clarify that this would only happen if the [REDACTED] hit the [REDACTED].

The last time this almost happened when [REDACTED] called the Pope a [REDACTED] and the Italian government was requested to [REDACTED] the guy's sister and they also [REDACTED] his mom, thereby eliminating the need to use [REDACTED] within the borders of [REDACTED].

I hope this clears things up. I wasn't sure I was quite clear in my first post.

[edit on 10/19/08 by emsed1]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
hehehehe it amazes me how posts and threads get hijacked/diverted away from their oriional meaning. what i wanted to know or discuss was

If a country (any country, doesn't matter which one) went through the proper procedures, and asked to be allowed into area 51, as a military base, on the premise of looking for weapons of mass destruction, would they be allowed in, im not saying there are WMDs there. and if you believe that they would not be allowed to look, why not?

just a note also to say that yes we do make and maintain nukes, but it is still backed by, and really for the benefit of America

Since the 1958 US-UK Mutual Defence Agreement, the United States and the United Kingdom have cooperated extensively on nuclear security matters. The special relationship between the two states has involved the exchange of classified scientific information and nuclear materials such as plutonium. The UK has not run an independent weapons delivery programme since the cancellation of the Blue Streak missile in the 1960s, instead pursuing joint development of US delivery systems, designed and manufactured by Lockheed Martin, and fitting them with warheads designed and manufactured by the UK's Atomic Weapons Research Establishment and its successor the Atomic Weapons Establishment. In 1974 a U.S. proliferation assessment noted that "In many cases [Britain's sensitive technology in nuclear and missile fields] is based on technology received from the US and could not legitimately be passed on without US permission."[1]

en.wikipedia.org..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
In answer to your question then, Yes, NATO inspectors or Russian Inspectors would be given entry. They would also be allowed to check inside ANY building on these premises that had a door width of over 2 meters.

But any other country (Iran, Egypt, etc) would be to pi.. off.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
yes other countries can and are mandated to inspect our facilities under the START TREATY

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
"A51 is no longer denied by the US Gov't. I think that stopped back in the 1990's.
It is an aerospace development facility, not a biological warfare lab. "

"Area 51 is a non nuclear area. They do not have nukes as they are a Test Wing."

Okay. Jesus. Listen here dum dums. Where do you think the USA tested our nukes ? Why do you think Area 51 is in the middle of the Nellis Bombing Range also known as the Nellis Air Force Range. Why is the Nevada Test Site a DOE (Department Of Energy) Reservation ? Are you guys that dumb ?

Area 51 is where they both test and store our nuclear weapons. For pete's sake have you all not seen the images of the nuke tests at area 51 ?

en.wikipedia.org...

I cannot believe how stupid some people are. And to the person who said the russians and other countries have inspected Area51. You are the biggest # stick i've ever seen.

join