It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snap Out of It - Obama is using Clinical Hypnosis on You!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

No, I only said that because it seems like this is a cleverly directed attack at someone who isn't using or doing anything exclusively, ..

as you can probably tell I'm a little angry at how hypnosis/nlp and Milton Hyland Erickson have been presented here.

and one of my conclusions was racism, since everyone under the sun uses this stuff, knowingly or unknowingly, it's either an article constructed by someone who supports another party, or is racist; either way to me I was just asking, I'm more concerned with how hypnotherapy is being presented here.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosis111
reply to post by seejanerun

The fact that you say you don't mind having a black president, implies that you do. Many white people are scared of intelligent, articulate, black people.... it's ok!

And I suppose you know many white people?

I don't know of any white people that are afraid of intelligent, articulate, black people, it's the stupid, "gangsta", black people that scare them, much like rednecks and other people similar scare me.

Your statement is pure bs, that or you live in the middle of KKK town or something.

I'm from Texas, the most diverse state in America as far as I'm concerned, our people are incredibly mixed, black, white mexican, we're mixed of most of those colors (not races, we belong to one race, the human race).

-Lahara

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Justin Oldham

Hi Justin,

I have not ran into you in a while.

You make excellent points. I attempt to teach these things to my sales people often and often without luck. Most never connect the dots so to speak.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

Fair enough. You understand my asking I'm sure.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I heard some posts on this thread asking why it is that half the poeple out there are not affected by Obama's hypnosis tricks. The reason is, is that not everyone is receptive to it. The mind has to be in a state that is able to be influenced. MSNBC's Chris Matthews was heard to say that Obama gave him a tingle up his leg. I was watching the same speech as he did and I felt no pull towards Obama. yet Matthews did. The best state to be influenced in is the emotional state. First one has to desire a "savior" who could say all the right things and make all the right promises. The desire for him to be seen as undefeatable is another. The rest is simply mass hypnosis.

I have given some study to Obama's style of talking and body language. One thing he does is always look blank and speaks slowly and big brotherly. His tone and mannerisms make (or are sopposed make) you feel safe and protected. This is enough for those looking for someone to save them. It's almost like a cult of religion.

In the last debate, McCain managed to rip away the veil for awhile with some jabs. Since Obama relies heavily on talking point mantras, it threw him off his game. This is why he looked at times like he wanted to puke. Unfortunately for McCain, he didn't keep it up and Obama managed to salvage himself. It was when McCain was belly aching about an insult given him by a friend. As soon as Obama saw that weakness, he sprung back into big brother mode. he is still in full force.

Why was "Joe the plumber" a near death blow to Obama? Because it made people wake up for a momment and say, "wait.. that guy is like me..!" But now Obama is gaining the ability to calm the fears and get them back to sleep.

In the end, if McCain cannot keep snapping the people out of it, he will lose. But there may be the chance that once people enter the voting booth, they will for that momment return to the "me" state in which case they will vote concerning their own future. Family, income, taxes, and national security will bring them to a sense of reason and they could quite possibly change their minds at the last minute about Obama and vote for someone else whether it be McCain, Nader, Paul, etc. I believe that this will prove to be the case.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
If you go back and look at Kennedy, Reagan and their speeches, you will see this at its consummate best. They both were masters of this craft. Charismatic is almost to tame a word to describe them.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by SkipShipman

As I said, a good Hypnotist knows there is a line, never to cross.

This is hypnotic language itself.... It can be done over any communication medium, including the television.

A "good" hypnotist? according to whom?
a "line" ... is this line hallucinated? figurative? and is this line the same for all "good" hypnotists, according to.. whom? and does this line also indicate that there is something to cross? what is on the other side of this line? manipulation?

BUT, there is NO WAY a person cold practice any sort of 'hypnotism' through the TV!!! The idea is completely ludicrous, and shows a complete lack of knowledge....so I am trying to 'Deny Ignorance' on this subject.

The idea is a fine one, and happens to us everyday, which is why some of us totally miss other people in the room getting up and going to the kitchen to get a drink and returning without you EVER noticing.. it's called a trance, induced hypnotically by advertisers and show writers.

It shows a complete lack of knowledge that people find it necessary to comment on posts, let alone make posts about something they vaguely understand, and I don't mean this directed at you exclusively.

Trying implies failure... if I tell you I tried to open the door, you know I didn't.

BTW...no, I am NOT trained in how to hyptonize people.....and I sincerely doubt Sen. Barack Obama is either!!!

This is quite obvious that you are not a trained hypnotist/hypnotherapist by the previous comments.

and I sincerely tell you that any person in a position of power in any company will have had SOME sort of training that is related to persuasion, hypnotherapy, NLP, Team building etc.. all interpersonal communication models.

Once again, I really think this type of thread should have been structured better to use examples from politics and the world around us to explain hypnosis and it's applications in daily life.... but low and behold, let's tarnish something useful.

I strongly apologize to mods, feel free to edit....but my post was 'parsed' in such a way as to detract from its meaning.

"Hypnotic Language" is an oxymoron. It is also nonesense (and I just repeated myself)

The rest of the post post seems to delve into something known as 'subliminal advertising'. A procedure that has, to my knowledge, been roundly decried and outlawed....despite the facts that its ability to influence the viewers isn't that strong, anyway.

Subliminal Advertising, in quotes, is one of those concepts that first prospered back in the 1950s to 1960s. The Idea was you could insert 'frames' into a movie....since we saw Movies back then at about 24 fps (frames per second) up to 60 (fps).....but the Human Eye could only discern anything ABOVE 60 fps.....therefore, theory went, you could include a subtle 'advert' in one frame, and it would thusly be subliminal, but would affect the subconscious mind, and somehow then 'drift' into the conscious mind....

It is BOGUS!!! Just as the premise of this OP is completly without merit.

Final warning!!! ANYONE who uses 'hypnosis' as a possible explanation for curing anything? Do NOT give them any money, just smile and walk away......

"Hypnosis" can be used to allow people to strip away their usual prohibitions, based on their pre-conceptions of Society....but, that's about it. AND, it only works if your 'sub-conscience' wants to....

AS I've been told, at Corporate Events, there are people who simply WILL NOT let their guard down enough, to be 'hypnotized'....I know I won't!!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
So does all this mean I should write an article detailing all of the things McCain and Palin may be doing consciously or unconsciously?

That whole Joe the plumper comment is horrendous itself.... deep structure and surface structure.. it's hypnotic language itself, it makes you connect the dots yourself.

Anyone with a knowledge of human interpersonal communication can sit down and write an article about what people are doing, manipulative or not, it doesn't mean that the person doing it is proficient at it, and if they are they'd be good enough that you couldn't detect it, .. Bush for one is a blasted linguistic genius .. it's our fault for not WATCHING what these people do, you need to CALIBRATE, and you also need to watch these people for CONSISTENCY, if you have no consistency you will be able to do nothing and be very good at it too, because no one will give you the focused attention you need to "slide" in suggestions.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Ya know, I notice I am not susceptible to Obama's sorcery, or McCain's, or anyones really, I think it's one of the reasons I can't stand listening to a sales person.

Yeah, this stuff doesn't work on me, I'm a pk (preacher's kid) so I grew up around NLP.

It's a shame that most pastors use sorcery on people.

-Lahara

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by seejanerun
I don't know how I will get through the next 4 to 8 years without stroking out. Maybe my mind is recognizing what you are saying.

Youll get through the next 4 to 8 years the same painful way you have gone through these last years. Obamas going to be bad same as McCain but I can promise you Obama probably wont be as bad as Bush. Bush is going down in flames.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This is the video of the last debate. If you go to about 19:00 minutes you will see when Barack Obama began to lose the majic. He starts to break down, especially when "Joe the plumber" is mentioned. Up to that point he was doing the majic, that is, speaking in very slow broken words, making hand gestures, blank stares ect. Anyway, check it out for youself. It's pretty self evident.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 18-10-2008 by Fromabove]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
This is the video of the last debate. If you go to about 27:00 minutes you will see when Barack Obama began to lose the majic. He starts to break down, especially when "Joe the plumber" is mentioned. Up to that point he was doing the majic, that is, speaking in very slow broken words, making hand gestures, blank stares ect. Anyway, check it out for youself. It's pretty self evident.

www.youtube.com...

He actually looks like a different person for a couple of minutes. I like him better that way.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Okay please stop while you're behind..

You're breaking things down into smaller chunks.. "subliminal advertising" is just utilizing different hypnotic phenomenon, visual, auditory, kinestetic, olfactory, gustatory, and appealing to certain subjective needs and "feelings"

Flashing little bits onto TV screens in between frames, I believe became "outlawed" but there is nothing saying that "manipulation" or persuasion techniques cannot be used... haven't you seen "drug" commercials for various different "ailments"

Inserting pictures or pictures of words in between frames is not the end all and be all of subliminal techniques, nor is it how it is done today, there are much more advanced methods for creating change, inducing wanton states and hypnotizing.

Final warning!!! ANYONE who uses 'hypnosis' as a possible explanation for curing anything? Do NOT give them any money, just smile and walk away......

Once again, quite the ignorant statement if I've ever heard one.
I'm sorry but you really don't know what you're talking about.

Maybe check out some of the presuppositions of NLP .. like

People work perfectly.
No one is wrong or broken. They are carrying out their strategies perfectly, but the strategies may be poorly designed and ineffective. Find out how you and others do what they do so their strategy can be changed to something more useful and desirable.

A good practitioner would never tell someone they can fix/cure problems/ailments or diseases and not try other logical methods of help before and after.... any sensible person would tell their client to get as much help as possible, sure hypnosis can be used before a very serious operation or something that itself is life threatening, and if the operation still has to continue, hypnosis can be used to speed along healing as well as act as anesthetic, oh and slow bleeding.

"Hypnosis" can be used to allow people to strip away their usual prohibitions, based on their pre-conceptions of Society....but, that's about it. AND, it only works if your 'sub-conscience' wants to

Once again, stop talking about stuff you really don't know.

AS I've been told, at Corporate Events, there are people who simply WILL NOT let their guard down enough, to be 'hypnotized'....I know I won't!!!!

Ugh.. you learn about hypnosis from corporate events? yikes...

Anyone and I mean ANYONE can be hypnotized.

After-all .. I just had your attention didn't I?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
LOL @ thread

What else can be labeled as hypnotic? Some of the greatest people in this world were great at speeches and using language and gestures to guide their audience in the direction they wish

I mean, who wouldn't use some tricks in their talk to get people to vote for them, this isn't just Obama, you can find this in every speech by President Bush and McCain, pretty much anyone who is successful politically is usually because they know how to speak and get people to side with their words.

This is not really news, this is just how its done in politics and Obama/McCain are both very good at this, its not just obama lol

***Think about it, everyone here on this forum uses the same stuff to get their points across, even if they dont know their doing it they may be doing what another person in society would label as "hypnosis" or "suggestive statements" etc etc

[edit on 18-10-2008 by MaynardisGod]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Or maybe he is just so much better of a public speaker then any Candidate we have seen in a while, and it is shocking...

Why is that not a possibility?? Did Ockham's Razor die today?

He is not trained in DLP, hypnosis, or telepathy. Christ guys. We finally get a man that can speak well and not fumble over himself like Bush and we get this!? That he is trained in hypnosis and mind control!?! Maybe he got his training from being a Professor of Law? Maybe? You think? Ugh.

Dear Jesus, the time is now.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipShipman

For years I have pondered the realism of mass hystria and mass paranoia.
The manipulation of a clinical study and especially a qestionable one is insulting to those us truly believe in the works of the good doctor just to mar the image of politician who seeks to bring about change to this decaying society.

I'm strong suppoter of clinical hypnosis and the study of telekenises and Yes, John Mccain. It's true. I'm just as hardcore as the Mavrick

So lets get over it and call it what it is: We've been beaten.

But lets not taint the sciences the we as members of the ATS society so critically revere.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I watched the third and final debate between Obama and McCain. I recall that Obama said something that wasn't quite right and quickly moved on. McCain called him on it and said something like, my opponent is a very eloquent speaker but did you listen to the WORDS he just said? And then he repeated what Obama had said and I wondered how many people would have let this go if McCain had not said anything. Obama does indeed have a very mesmerizing effect on people. My mother, who is usually very good and discerning people's words is enthralled with Obama. When I ask her just what is it that Obama says to inspire you to vote for him and she responds, "He sounds good when he talks." Sheesh.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

Pure energy....in NO WAY did I say anything about olfactory!!!!

Seems it's something you composed out of your imagination.

Irrespective....the OP is completely out of bounds....since A) 'Clinical Hynposis is a non-starter...and B) Based on my last few posts, I think I've torn apart the 'tissue paper' of these OPs......

I'd like to take a 'page' from the Three Amigos....to 'Deny Ignorance'.

Not surprising that some will come along, to this site, and will attempt to "Portray Ignorance"....

But, I have ALWAYS said that 'ignorance' is NOT the pejorative that most think it is....lack of knowledge is NOT the same as 'ignorance'.

One last example...I can fly an airplane. Most of you can possibly drive a car. I'll go deeper...I like Model Trains...but I am IGNORANT of how to actually operate a real, live Locomotive. SO, my current 'ignorance' of how to operate a modern Locomotive merely indicates that I have not yet received the training...the 'knowledge'...to operate a Locomotive.

If your elder Aunt decides, for the first time in her life, to learn how to dirve....even though she's the bestest person in you life, up until now, but she's never driven before...would you call her ignorant??

NO!!! Unless you wanted to describe her experience at driving....well, she's 'ignorant' at driving, until she gets some experience......

The point of the concept of 'Ignorance' is....we are best together, than not together. Each of us has a part to contribute...

Back to the OP....Obama using 'hypnosis'??? BullPuckey!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Obama's oratory style irritates the heck out of me. Some may call it self-confidence, but to me he comes off as arrogant and smug. If he is using NLP and hypnosis, it isn't working on me. I wouldn't buy a used car from him.

[edit on 10/18/2008 by sad_eyed_lady]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join