It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snap Out of It - Obama is using Clinical Hypnosis on You!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I have to admit I didnt' read the WHOLE thread, so IF this has been mentioned . . . forgive me.

EVERY media speaker uses these techniques. Watch any news anchor, preacher, politician, lawyer, et. al, they ALL imploy the same methods. And it's not by accident . . . it is hypnosis, but so you listen intently and are open to their suggestions and steerings.

The partisanship and basic lack of common sense on this thread ASTOUNDS me. The fact that this was some sort of revelation as to why you (sic) don't like Obama is mind-numbing. I'm not an Obama supporter, BTW. And for those Witchcraft-theorists . . . the cleargy and church are masters of these techniques . . . guess that really makes them witches . . .

nice propaganda piece though, for whoever put this farce out there for public consumption . . .

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
All humans are conditioned from birth to respond to body language. When we are old enough to begin to understand ourselves and what we choose to "believe"....there are two paths to follow. Continue to follow the "body language" or use of conversational "hypnotism"...or make the stand to follow your heart and personal intuition.

There is a part of mankind that intuitively knows when someone is BS'ing them and when they are not....but too many choose to take the easy way out. They forget to QUESTION anything that does not feel or sound "right"....and become mesmerized as if they were the prey of any "snake" in the grass out there.

If all politicians(not only Obama), marketing ploys, Television/Media and salesmen are using this technique, what does that tell you about yourselves...?

THINK people...do not be sheep and be led by any Judas Goat that comes along...

Learn your enemy, in order to defeat him...do not succumb to their trickery and smooth words....

BTW...excellent post with some very good information.

~Holly

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Pretty amazing right? Notice how he keeps saying how he is "afraid of taking the subway (blank money)". Then he says, whilst handing him the money "But my friend just told me to go ahead and take it (blank money), it's fine, it's fine."

Crafty fellow, this is the modern day equivalent of the jedi mind trick. I still can't fathom how you could just let someone walk out of your store with a $4500 ring. Of course, I'd like to think my intellectual capacity would easily allow myself to fend off his deception.

As far as Obama and McCain go... Well... These aren't the droids I'm looking for.

[edit on 10/18/2008 by ExquisitExamplE]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
To the posters here who are saying... Conversational Hypnosis, SO WHAT? No big deal, I don't care, etc.

Could you please explain why you can say that?

I mean seriously. You are saying Yes, sure he is hypnotizing crowds at his rallies, and over the TV in his speeches (not debates so much though). And "I" see nothing wrong with that. It's the way things are done, all over.

Heck, if McDonalds does subliminal messaging, they are gonna get slammed by the FCC - because it is illegal

But a rising star politician, who really has done NOTHING significant in his career except go for the next highest job position, can use techniques that are supposed to be only for clinical professionals to hypnotize massive amounts of people, and you think it's OKAY?

You're kidding, right?
Did you ever take debate class in high school? Have you ever had to write an essay? Do you read the newspaper?
Every single point of view ever taken by a person is either expressed effectively or it is not.
Obama is an EFFECTIVE speaker and orator. He is inspired during his speeches because he is passionate about what he believes in. he genuinely believes that he can lead America away from the madness that engulfs it, currently. Hopefully he can. But from some of the posts in this thread, it is apparent that it's a losing battle. Fighting the ignorance and fear that is supporting the republican party right now is a monumental task.
Obama happens to be far more literate and intelligent than anyone else in the public spotlight right now. I believe this scares a lot of people and causes them to come up with the craziest of assumptions.

I do ask all Americans: "What is wrong with having an intelligent Harvard grad for a president?"
I encourage you to reach for and accept someone smarter and greater than what you have settled for over the past 8 years. You deserve better than McCain/Palin!!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayacara

You need to read the whole article. There are certain steps in the conversational hypnosis process that are used. "Lots of politicians" do not use them, including Tony Blair, who is a very good public speaker.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Some of us out here who are Christians call what you are descibing in the article "witchcraft". To us, witchcraft simply means forcing or tricking someone into doing something they want.

You mean how George Bush tricked America into a war with Iraq?
According to your logic, Bush is a "Warlock" then.

Check this out for more Bush "witchcraft".

Bush "Witch-craft"

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Yes, I noticed this too. When he went overseas and had a big giant crowd, I was thinking about hitler, and how he had sooooo many followers, it actually kinda of eerie. I don't fall in to that, I just observe and shake my head. I don't want either one of them in there, but we don't have a choice, they always chose who they want in there anyway. He has definitely been groomed. I read an article about this, and his dad was actually, of course, born in Kenya, but was a british citizen. Here is the link for you. Good info on a few other subjects too, especially the guy paulson got to manage the 700 billion! Go figure. Great post by the way.

www.whatdoesthismean.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipShipman

If he is doing this , why is it that some people are not affected by it?

From the first day I heard him speak I've not liked him at all.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

To fall for the hypnosis (again noting that EVERY public/media figure employs these tactics) one must remained focused on the speaker. If you are distracted, busy, biased, etc . . . you don't fall for the methods employed. But, again, this is not something unique to Obama . . .

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by solomons path
reply to post by MagicaRose

To fall for the hypnosis (again noting that EVERY public/media figure employs these tactics) one must remained focused on the speaker. If you are distracted, busy, biased, etc . . . you don't fall for the methods employed. But, again, this is not something unique to Obama . . .

Once again people believe what they want to believe,

I was never one to trust, at age four I learned never trust anyone.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I've never claimed hypnosis = belief . . . two separate issues altogether. You're in a hypnotic state every time you're engrossed in a movie . . . that's why suspense and suprise is effective. It temporarily rattles you from this "sleep". Most people walk around all day in a hypnotic state . . . that's why they're suprised easily when a door slams or some cuts around the corner in front of them. The mind is on auto-pilot. However, when in this state people are more open to suggestion, but that doesn't mean they "buy in". Unfortunately, 87% of the population (any) are followers . . . so, they do fall for the rhetoric.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It is so very good to hear that other have the same negative reaction to Obama's oratorical abilities. Hypnosis is indeed something he may be using, but I also feel that there is something far more sinister about him that I have recognized from the first time I saw him. Some have thought that I have some sort of empathical ability that reaches far beyond the norm. Well, be that true or not, I have and will continue to have a VERY bad feeling about him. Not that he is a black man. I've never considered myself in the least a racist or anything of that sort. For me, I can sense or "feel" a great darkness following him. That is what I have felt and continue to feel. The darkness I believe controls him--not him it. The "darkness" I feel is ALL in a very negative sense. No love, no happiness, no truth, no good. I pray every day that I'm wrong but I am bracing myself to say goodbye to the world I thought I knew. If only the ignorance of the American voters would replaced by great insight, then will we be saved from a certain painful life we will have in the generations to come.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
reply to post by SkipShipman

If he is doing this , why is it that some people are not affected by it?

From the first day I heard him speak I've not liked him at all.

From what I understand, it affects only a portion of people... I have had an aversion to his rhetoric as well. I turn the TV off, or change the channel when Obama is on. Then again, I moved around quite a bit as a child, into very different cultures, so I have always been immune to group behavior. I see things from the outside looking in, even at sports games I feel uncomfortable joining in on the collective cheering.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Have you guys ever looked into Reverse Speech. First go and listen to and read the lyrics of "Stairway to Heaven backwards" on YouTube. Then go and look up Reverse Speech Obama. Also there is an interesting occurence of several people passing out at his rallies, sometimes these people even pass out at the very same time.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
When did the people who loved to call the "9-11 was an inside job" people conspiracy theorist nut cases jump on the crazy train?

I have never seen such a 180 degree turnaround in mentality. The anti-Obama rhetoric is conspiracy theory to the max.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
wow, an anonymous expose fit for the national enquirer! it's rhetoric that fails in ethos and logos. it fails me on pathos too, but it may persuade you.

a couple reasons why it failed as an ethical and logical piece:

1. fails to disclose who wrote or what qualifications they have.

how are they capable of making such conclusions? people can read medical text, but if that's all they've done, for them to claim they can perform surgery is quackery. the author here goes on to make their own interpretations based on others guidelines. unless they are qualified to do so, they are to get professional and expert opinion instead, because amateurs get it wrong a lot.

2. passes soft sciences and hypothesis as undeniable proof

reliance on soft sciences like body language interpretations are as admissible in court as graphologist's handwriting interpretation - they're not. there is another standard, and that standard is found through forensic document analysis.

3. manipulates statements of experts

the author quotes tonya reiman and says tilting the head to the right is manipulative. the quoted expert actually says to do it! it's about as manipulative as getting a nice haircut. presidential candidates have professional speech writers, stylists, and advisers of all sorts telling them what to do. if that's shocking, what about them wearing makeup on tv??!!!

i get the impression that the paper uses uses its own manipulative techniques to further it's own agenda. like a thief warning me about another "thief" to distract me and steal my goods.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
Have you guys ever looked into Reverse Speech. First go and listen to and read the lyrics of "Stairway to Heaven backwards" on YouTube. Then go and look up Reverse Speech Obama. Also there is an interesting occurence of several people passing out at his rallies, sometimes these people even pass out at the very same time.

They are passing out from locking their knees. You can't stand with your knees locked for a length of time without hitting the floor at some point.

Obama must have been targeting this man with his secret Muslim mind tricks.

[edit on 10/18/2008 by Spoodily]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Yes, I have looked into reverse speech, and here are my thoughts: Everything means something. Simple right? Hardly. Seeking truth is one of the most difficult tasks one may undertake. Our world is woven so intricately that cause and effect become one and the same. This is why there are certain fields such as numerology, synchromysticism, etc... That may appear as psuedo-science, but in reality are sciences encompassing functions not yet comprehendable by the science of today.

Deeper and deeper the weave is the sleeper.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hypnosis/NLP aside, did the OP even check out the source?

"Welcome to the web site of the

Conservative Weekly Voice of Las Vegas,

the Penny Press"

No, this can't be at all biased ¬_¬

What's that about denying ignorance again?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Before you all go too crazy, .. (I've been studying NLP for a number of years) as well as clinical and covert hypnosis.

Most of this stuff is done by everyone unconsciously.

Milton Hyland Erickson is a genius.

First and foremost, .. it's great to be aware of these techniques.

Can they be used on you unknowingly? sure, almost anyone can LIE to you to your face.

You're making Milton sound like he's a criminal, and you are so erroneous about that it isn't even funny.

I really want to write a novel here explaining that yes, it can be used in the manner you are describing BUT and a BIG BUT, it isn't going to work on everyone.

Another thing, he is not using clinical hypnosis on anyone.

He is using hypnotic language and transformational grammar.

I also want to add that this IS NOT NEW, politicians have been using these methods for YEARS and YEARS, Obama isn't the first one to be using this information considering it is much more than 30 YEARS old (unlike NLP) which was started in the early to mid 1970's.

I personally have some interesting videos on my website that explain/detail NLP for those who don't know what it is.... don't just sit here and read this and go blabbing to your friends about something you know nothing about, if this intrigues you, GO READ, Milton Erickson, Richard Bandler, Robert Dilts ALL have very good books.

Just so you know.... EVERYONE is using these techniques, because it is human behavior, the only difference is, when someone knows exactly what they are doing with it, everyone speaks for the response it illicits.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join