It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snap Out of It - Obama is using Clinical Hypnosis on You!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I've been dipping into this thread now and then...and have YET to see anyone actually explain what the term 'Clinical Hypnosis' actually means.

I know what 'Clinical' implies....and, I know something about 'Hypnosis'....but, putting those two words together, in this context, seems a little silly.

The point I am trying to make, after talking to some 'hypnotists' is, contrary to popular belief, people CANNOT be hypnotized if they don't wish to. Second, even WHEN 'hypnotized' a person will not do anything against their core nature, and beliefs.

My stance, my point in writing today, is to proclaim this thread a completely dubious exortation of some 'pseudo-science' double-speak...

Which is EXACTLY what I just did in the previous paragraph!!

'Nuf said.

Fondly, WW

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I love how the second we get a president who represents the people. A president who is going to change america and who has already made history is thought of as using hypnosis. These damn theories have to end somewhere.

Im getting really sick of it.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

calihan123....

I sense your anger, but if you take a moment and look at this thread you'll see that this thread pre-dates the actual November 4th election results.

Wanted to say....again, the concept of "Clinical Hypnosis" is so silly, I've lost my abiity to bring any relevant comparisons....

Tomorrow I am leaving to London....and it includes a trip to STONEHENGE, a place I've never been....but I am very, very happy to know who the US PRES-ELECT is...because the World knows, as well.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Obama Win Causes Obsessed Backers To See How Empty Lives Are

The revelation that Obama's candidacy was the only thing that gave their lives any meaning has caused many supporters to wander aimlessly, unsure of what to do with themselves.

I know this is satirical from the Onion, however it may not be entirely an exaggeration that there is something empty both inside and outside the catch phrases of the Obama campaign. Can there ever be any depth of policy for a revived and informed electorate in this atmosphere of crowd control and consensus?

[edit on 8-11-2008 by SkipShipman]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
If you people can't see that Obama is using hypnosis on you, then you obviously are one of those people who are easily hypnotised, thank the government for putting fluoride in your water and chemicals in your food that make you more susceptible to it.

One thing that is going on also is the same bs that goes on at football games, I notice football fans and Obama/McCain fans pretty much have the exact same mentality, they don't care what it is there candidate says or does, just as long as "there team wins".

Watch some Derren Brown videos, see the connection between Obama and Derren Brown, the techniques they use.

One thing that sticks out to me the most is the chants, those are the most obvious to me.

Here is Derren Brown controlling a mass amount of people just by his voice:

Watch that vid, plus I know a little bit about this stuff, I have all of Derren Brown's books and am reading them, I find this subject fasinaing.

-Lahara

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The fierce urgency of now (and I say that using a unique hand motion) drives me to say that the first 16 pages were basically junk. It could very well be, that this was a failed attempt at some sort of written hypnosis, getting us to read to the end. Instead it came out grainy and nearly unreadable. Yet I made a major accomplishment, and through great pain I read on, finally, to reach my current place halfway through the article.

The time is now to see, how ridiculous it seems... that the author would shockingly actually publish this as a scientific paper. Consider this now: the ludicrously strong bias it contains against our future president Obama, by examining this quote in the article, and read his quote carefully:
"Notice how powerfully saying “the fierce urgency of now” provides absolutely no logical basis for why he [Obama] should not accomplish at least something in the senate first, nor any logical argument as to why we should elect an inexperienced person."

If you read the quote, it is immediately clear that the author presumes that Obama has accomplished nothing in the senate. And all that is presumed, without any source or citation. It is immediately clear as well, that he provides no foundation for the claim that Obama is inexperienced. Now is the the time to see the hypocrisy, that only an inexperienced pupil could write with such embarrassing bias.

But now to the point (and I say this using my original unique hand motion), that this article, written on the internet with the greatest contempt for Barack, is entirely accurate and informative. Without the biased article I wouldn't have found a new and fun way to write posts. So poetic. So wasteful. Yet, so effective. You all agree with me, surely?

Now I admit, I could have expressed this post in a quick paragraph as follows:
The following statement represents ludicrous bias:
"Notice how powerfully saying “the fierce urgency of now” provides absolutely no logical basis for why he should not accomplish at least something in the senate first, nor any logical argument as to why we should elect an inexperienced person."
Despite quote like that, I found the article to be accurate and informative.

But surely (if you agree) this style wouldn't be so poetic, so wasteful, and so effective. Obama has said there is change in the air... he is right... that is the change you are donating to truthquest's Payal account after he masters the art of hypnotic suggestions through ATS message posts!!!

Make no mistake about it, Obama has already brought us change. I can see now that the elections of the future will put the candidates subliminal communications skills hard to the test. All the while, their actual leadership and problem solving may be ignored, even more so than before! Chew on that food for thought (I had to throw in a metaphor since I was't using enough).

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I commonly use these tactics myself. Most advanced thinkers do, even if they are just speech writers.

Legally in the US, it is not a crime to hypnotize anyone, anywhere for any reason. You can do what ever you want to anyone whenever you want. You only need a license if you tell the subject that you are placing them in a hypnotic trance. At that point you are responsible. If you are a performer you need insurance. If a practitioner a certification and insurance.

As long as you never tell anyone they are in a trance or influenced by you in any way, there is nothing the law can do. How a person responds to stimulus is up to them.

Fun with stupid people. Love it. Start your own zombie factory.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipShipman

You are hilarious.. you have just detailed the basics of effective public speaking.

Here is a newsflash for you.. human relationships are 100% about influence.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I've read the entire article and come to two conclusions:
1. Obama is an NLP master.
2. Obama flicked off McCain and Clinton.

I lost a tiny bit respect of respect when seeing the clip of Bush flicking off the camera, but that is because I had little left to lose.

I lost a lot of respect for Obama after seeing him flicking off both his main opponents.

While the author of the article is clearly a complete idiot with his ridiculous bias, he is correct. Obama's every motion during his speeches is choreographed down the the finger. And just about every time he touches his face or points or makes a motion, it is supposed to have meaning.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by truthquest]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I thought about responding directly to the last poster, but I felt it was necessary to ask the general population of ATS....what, exactly, is "NLP"?????

The premise of this OP is ridiculous.

The very definition of 'Clinical Hypnosis' implies it is conducted in a "clinical" setting!!! AND, as has been noted already, hypnosis is purely voluntary!!!!!!

SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!

If former Vice-Presidential Candidate Sarah Palin, Gov. of Alaska (R), could command larger crowds than the former Republican Presidential Candidate for the Presidency.....then you'd have to infer that SHE was using some form of hypnosis, if you wished this hypothesis to have any merit!!

This is the shaky logic that seems to be the false underpinnings of this thread's OP....quite off the mark, dontcha think???

EDIT to add the 'wink', and the 'You Betcha!!".....

[edit on 11/12/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Keyword: intention

It all depends on his intentions...that is whether he is purposely "hypnotizing" or simply a very convincing speaker? That is, who is the real dumbass?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by semidiablan

semidiablan?

Was Ronald Reagan guilty of 'speaking to the masses'??

Was George H. W. Bush guilty of 'speaking to the masses'?? ('a thousand points of light'...)

Was Nixon...."I am not a Crook!!"

Was Kennedy....'Ask not what your Country can do for you, ask, instead, what you can do for your Country!'

Is THAT an example of speaking to the masses????

Please expand on your premise. We, who pay attention, would like to know!!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Paper: Obama Clearly Using Covert Hypnosis Methods

Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, Inc.

Oratory—or hypnotic induction?

Is Barack Obama a brilliant orator, captivating millions through his eloquence? Or is he deliberately using the techniques of neurolinguistic programming (NLP), a covert form of hypnosis developed by Milton Erickson, M.D.?

A fundamental tool of “conversational hypnosis” is pacing and leading—a way for the hypnotist to bypass the listener’s critical faculty by associating repeated statements that are unquestionably accurate with the message he wants to convey.
In his Denver acceptance speech, Obama used the phrases “that’s why I stand here tonight,” “now is the time,” and “this moment” 14 times. Paces are connected to the lead by words such as “and,” “as,” “because,” or “that is why.” For example, “we need change” (who could disagree?)…and…that is why I will be your next President.”

Techniques of trance induction include extra slow speech, rhythm, tonalities, vagueness, visual imagery, metaphor, and raising of emotion. Hypnotists often have patients count. In a speech after the primaries closed, Obama said: “Sixteen months have passed (paused)…Thousands (pause) of miles…(pause)…Millions of voices….”

Hypnotists call this a distraction technique: sending the dominant hemisphere on an assignment involving linguistic processes, thus opening the nondominant hemisphere to suggestion.

Here again there are substantial points of view from the highly credible AAPS regarding NLP, and verification of techniques effecting "Clinical Hypnosis."

The point is whether we and Obama can "Snap out of it," and lead the country with sound policy, not through an illiterate public consensus.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by SkipShipman]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

SS.....how about that 'LOSER'???

Rep. Senator John McCain, who, in just about...well, actually in EVERY speech he made during his entire campaign kept saying 'My friends,...'???

SS, you wish to impugn Pres-Elect Obama in this way, yet you ignore what not only Rep. Senator John McCain, but also his 'running-mate' Gov. Sarah Palin resorted to, as they desperately tried to resurrect their horribly bungled campaign???

Do you REALLY want to go there??? "My friends...." (Sen. McCain)

"you betcha!" (Gov. Palin)....

anagram for Gov. Palin...."plain".....

'nuf said.

"well....after I said 'nuf', I saw some mistakes. Switched some word I'ved never heard of to 'bungled', and corrected a typo...."

[edit on 11/20/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

SS.....how about that 'LOSER'???

Rep. Senator John McCain, who, in just about...well, actually in EVERY speech he made during his entire campaign kept saying 'My friends,...'???

SS, you wish to impugn Pres-Elect Obama in this way, yet you ignore what not only Rep. Senator John McCain, but also his 'running-mate' Gov. Sarah Palin resorted to, as they desperately tried to resurrect their horribly bungled campaign???

Do you REALLY want to go there??? "My friends...." (Sen. McCain)

"you betcha!" (Gov. Palin)....

anagram for Gov. Palin...."plain".....

'nuf said.

"well....after I said 'nuf', I saw some mistakes. Switched some word I'ved never heard of to 'bungled', and corrected a typo...."

I have made it clear in my writings here questions about other candidates than Obama using NLP. I do not acknowledge the false right verus left paradigm, which is a "divide and conquer," strategy used by the large financial interests to mask their activities. The people are the losers when nothing gets done in the midst of outrages done daily.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I tried to read through that paper (as someone else said it was tough) and after dragging along I decided to look at some of the sources.

Now, one of these led me to a video site called "CrazyMotion" (not MSNBC like the paper said, even though the network was MSNBC) where a woman was reporting on a man robbing stores with hypnosis. After she reported that, she says, "I know, like really? So they're gonna hand over the cash in their registers? Really?"

It also seemed like the sources always directed me to websites that wanted me to purchase hypnosis CDs, which, apparently, teach you how to hypnotize people. They also seemed to be the same CDs every time. And those same CDs show up at the end of that video, too.

After that I lost all faith in the paper.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Totakeke

Totakeke, it is quite true that a common misconception exists regarding 'hypnotism'....

Firstly, there is NO SUCH THING as 'mass hypnotism'....it is a fallacy perpetrated by charlatans...as an ACT, from the Stage. It is intended to Entertain an Audience....

As I've mentioned before, the very notion of 'Clinical Hypnosis' is, well....just as it implies. Hypnosis conducted in a 'clinical' setting....which means, to intelligent people, "one-on-one" environments.

Really, this is the stupidest thread I've seen, in quite a long time, here at ATS.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Either you haven't listened to Obama, and therefore don't know what you're writing about, OR you have heard him speak and you are hypnotized like the rest of us fools.

The musical cadences of his speech have roots in the African American gospel tradition. He is very pleasant to listen to. There is nothing sinister about it, unless you are extremely paranoid, in which case you're the one who needs help, not Obama's supporters.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Sestias....you contradicted yourself within one post!!

Quite good job.

What I see, as a difference from the monkey known as "Bush" is:

Pres-Elec Barack Obama can think, even if he has to use the occasional 'er' or 'ah' as he forms his sentences.

Difference is, Pres-Elec Obama is able to go "off-script" when he needs to, as compared to the current 'Bush' who, when thrown 'off-script', usually just stands there and blinks....tries to make an inane and off-topic joke....then walks to a locked door to make an exit and finds it locked, then stands and looks like the imbecile that he is.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join