It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolute 100% proof of rare phenomenon!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Hey now .. I've had them since they were iddle fluffy duckling babies, and they haven't attacked anyone!!!

I think that's them on the far right in this picture...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Heike, the premise of this thread is a valuable premise for belief and should not be lost.

Could you refire the original premise so that we can discuss this. It presents a point of thought where people do not believe something unless they actually see it. How many threads does this apply to in ATS?

Word of mouth versus evidence, and what evidence will people accept? Like God, until people have a direct interaction themselves, many will continue to be nay sayers.

Ducks in trees. Owl swimming in pond, or a Turkey flying high in the sky.
Does it mean its never happened, or its just never been seen or reported.
There may have been a day when one if not all three were true.

All joking aside, one things for sure. The ducks in the tree, were most likely the variety you claimed. But it sure can be said that ducks have been seen in trees.

Peace

[edit on 22-10-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
You've got me thinking ..

Something like a thread called "how to be open minded" or "how to sit on the fence" or maybe "How not to be a jerk" ...

I can use the premise of this thread as well as the old "bobcat" thread to point out that, as hard as it is to PROVE everyday ordinary things to people, we might consider being a little more lenient and compassionate towards people who think they have "proof" of something extraordinary.

On the other hand, the thread titled "I think this might be ..." or "this looks like a ... to me" etc. will go over MUCH better than the "100% ABSOLUTE PROOF" titled thread.

Other suggestions for both "believers" and "skeptics" on how to maintain your integrity and sanity without compromising your beliefs or being a jerk on ATS? Alternative suggestions for titles for such a thread are also being accepted.

( Heike sits back and waits while 15 1/2 Moderators, 3 Subject Matter Experts, and one SuperMod start searching to find the 2 dozen old threads in which this exact thing has been previously done.)

Or .. wait, had another thought ... did you mean something more like a thread in which we could explore what people will accept as proof? I'm pretty sure THAT has been done in a few threads, and recently....

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Heike]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike
( Heike sits back and waits while 15 1/2 Moderators, 3 Subject Matter Experts, and one SuperMod start searching to find the 2 dozen old threads in which this exact thing has been previously done.)

Nope...

We all had a conference and decided we would be interested in your take...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

You've got me thinking ..

Something like a thread called "how to be open minded" or "how to sit on the fence" or maybe "How not to be a jerk" ...

I can use the premise of this thread as well as the old "bobcat" thread to point out that, as hard as it is to PROVE everyday ordinary things to people, we might consider being a little more lenient and compassionate towards people who think they have "proof" of something extraordinary.

On the other hand, the thread titled "I think this might be ..." or "this looks like a ... to me" etc. will go over MUCH better than the "100% ABSOLUTE PROOF" titled thread.

Other suggestions for both "believers" and "skeptics" on how to maintain your integrity and sanity without compromising your beliefs or being a jerk on ATS? Alternative suggestions for titles for such a thread are also being accepted.

Or .. wait, had another thought ... did you mean something more like a thread in which we could explore what people will accept as proof? I'm pretty sure THAT has been done in a few threads, and recently....

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Heike]

Well a thought has occurred to me. Is where will such a thread be placed? Namely in what forum? Place it in the UFO section and while sure it would get a lot of attention but it would have a tendency of degenerating into a "I'm right and you're not!!" type of thread. It's more of a General topic though that can cover a lot of area since it wouldn't be specific to just the Aliens and UFO crowd. Whereas if you put into BTS then it might not get the traffic needed. Perhaps in the Board section? You may or may not wish to consult with a mod to insure that you place it in the appropriate section.

I like the idea of exploring what people will accept as proof concept. Make sure that you put in a "No flaming comment. Large letters for that.

If you do decide to do this thread. Please put a link to it in one of your replys here so that I can follow it and make my replys accordingly.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Well unlike the usual 100% proof of "enter topic here", you actually have provided proof.....if you had put a fuzzy out of focus picture or the had the ducks on video, shot with a crappy camera and claimed they were reptilians or some crap...then that wouldnt be proof

Most topics though fail to actually provide proof even if they claim that they have proof, when there is actually no credible proof even available

Please proof read

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Okay guys & gals, here's the thread I wrote about this topic. Let me know what you think:

How to be a Good Citizen of ATS

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Already there Heike. You'll have my thoughts presently and perhaps an addition to it if I can think of something that you haven't covered. Although just on a glance you seem to have things covered rather well.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
cracking thread! i love the 'proof' and the humourous skeptics. I believe or can be convinced of a lot of things, but usually only through my own experiances

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join