It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get your woman off MySpace !!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I'm sure you might be a really nice guy in real life Rikk, it just looks really bad on you that you come on to a socially active message board behind you're wife's back to complain about her going on a social site behind your back.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Good point, But I'm not looking for chicks and she still gets on the computer but now she just looks for me................

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
Rikk, if she wants to leave you/cheat on you she will do it eventually, whether or not Myspace is involved.

Such things have gone on since the Garden and it's foolish for you to blame a website for your breakup.

Either you've married an untrustworthy woman, or you've given her legitimate reason to want to leave, and by the first post I lean towards the second.

BTW--you're not here to pick up sympathetic chicks, are you? :shk:

Glad your consistent throughout the forums asmeone2.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

Thanks, I'm gussing you're refering to the Facebook thread?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I have to say I disagree with your premise, OP. If you think MySpace is a temptation for people to cheat, how do you feel about a wife working outside the home? Or wearing a skirt with her legs exposed? Or *gasp* leaving her face uncovered for the entire world to see? The slope is indeed slippery.

The fact is that temptation surrounds us every day, but if we are happy in our relationship then the temptation just isn't that tempting. People don't cheat if they are satisfied in their relationships. Facebook, MySpace, newspaper personals ads, bars, even the library are all places people could choose to meet partners in crime or to meet with their friends. You can't blame the venue for a person's infidelity, which is their own personal decision.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
sc2099, thanks for your thoughts, I can only judge by what has happened to me and I thank you all for your input. I see there are things I must change as well. I think women can do what they want...........I guess we all want trust......

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

Thanks, I'm gussing you're refering to the Facebook thread?

Of course.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I'm with my gal friend orange light..she is sexy and smart!..starred her too..twice..cause she is clever, hehe..ok..being serious now..
I was honestly blown away when i read the op's original opener..i thought what an umm..cant use the exact words..
I feel sad however, we all go through a temptation in life, its how we deal and confront it..honesty is a good start! Acting like you are the authoritive over her..not good..wanna be her father or her lover??
Comunication may help...are you laking in what she is wanting OP???

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
You should let your wife have the affair. Trying to restrain the secret desires of your spouse is like trying to dam a raging river with a wall of paper. You can’t force people to love you., you can only trick them into staying with you for awhile. Too many relationships today are built on fear, threats, and bullying. The beauty is in the honesty even if the truth is hard to take. Chances are you’d probably cheat on your wife if the right opportunity came along.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well I guess I asked for it and stepped in it.....Thanks for all your reply's... I am for from being a bully, I just want to keep what I got cause I love her, I do not hold her down, she is free to go and do as she pleases. Like i said she will agree with me on the temptation part and that is why she chose to get off of myspace...............I guess I should have kept my mouth shut..

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rikk7111

Well good for you bud. I think that kind of understanding in relationships is needed everywhere.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I agree with rikk. Myspace is only good for meeting people, especially good for getting a date. I would of said the same thing if I found out she was talking with strangers.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
social media websites are bad for health such as hi5, myspace, facebook, and rest of them even ATS, they bring to many depressed people into a box where they all meet and become even more depressed, which creates a social problem in real life.

having your girlfriend on any of these social sites is going to turn out bad believe me, check out the forums on any of these sites you will see people post ! " omg i lost my girl to this myspace guy ! " i will kill her etc you understand.

my sugguestions is the same as the poster, block or delete your families girlfriends, etc accounts ! its bad for health sitting in fron of the computer everyday for 20 mintues. you will become fat angry moody and very depressed all thanks to social media addiction sites.

same thing could be said about the youtube wave ! have you seen how many weirdos are on there ? its pretty funny.

Anyone for double vodka and coke?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
Myspace is only good for meeting people, especially good for getting a date.

That's not necessarily true. I'm married and have an account there. It's main purpose is to keep up with my friends from my past I don't get to see anymore since I've been married and moved away. Random requests from strangers are never approved and random messages from strangers are never replied to. My rule is I have to know the person from somewhere (even here
). Some people use it to meet people but most of the people I know just use it to stay in touch with each other.
Heck, I even have people on there that live up to two minutes away from me.
I like Myspace because it is 'friend contact consolidation.' Not a covert dating site.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Now see AshleyD, you are using it right and that sounds OK, I'm just giving this for those that misuse it, Like being married and flirting with other people...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rikk7111

It seems to me that Myspace is not the problem here.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well all I can say is that I don't flirt and I love my wife....And the only time we ever got in a fuss in sixteen wonderful years has been the myspace issue..Now this site is for information, mysapace is for finding people...Now don't get me wrong I know its great for chating with friends, I don't have an account, but my wife did and she chose to cancel her account.

Now I'm not saying if someone gets on there they will be unfaithful, but that is what happened to my wife. We have things worked out like ole times. I had my faults as well but it wasn't girls. I think that being unfaithful draws the line.....................Thanks for your reply...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join