It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man murdered wife over Facebook status

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Man murdered wife over Facebook status

news.ninemsn.com.au

A man has been jailed for life for hacking his wife to death with a meat cleaver because he felt humiliated by messages she wrote on the social networking site Facebook.

Wayne Forrester, 34, attacked his wife Emma after she wrote on the site that she wanted to meet other men.

She also changed her online profile to "single" four days after he had moved out.

The truck driver thought his wife was having an affair and had made threats to kill her, the Old Bailey heard, according to the Press Association.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I have always thought it was only a matter of time that Facebook or MySpace would start breaking up marriages, but I didn't think it would go this far.

Once again we have a pathetic little man who is so insecure that first he pushes her away with his obsessive behavior than hacks her to pieces when she dumps him? Go figure huh. The fact that he "hacked" her to bits just shows how bitter and twisted this guy was. I hope he rots.

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Facebook is just a patsy here IMO.

A meet cleaver? That's not a crime of passion, that's... sick. A guy that pathological would have found some other "reason" to kill her even without Facebook.

Having been stalked through a profile site by an ex, I have to say that I'm amazed and disgusted at how ingrained some people's belief is that they own someone just be bieng in a relationship with them.

Edit: Which is not to say that people shouldn't be careful in what they post up there, especially if they are going through a divorce or breakup. My point is that facebook did not cause the crime, only facilitate it.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

Ditto WatchNLearn.

My young sister found out a couple of years ago that her husband was seeking women and meeting them on the side via facebook. He said he was single too. Apparently it had been going on for years!

Edited. I was upset at my brother in law lastnight when I wrote this. I am not blaming Facebook.

[edit on 10/18/2008 by BindareDundat]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
You'll find stupid people wherever you go...

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Wow. Did not think about that. Wouldn't facebook be guilty by association, in some sort of weird sense (If indeed it facilitated it of course)?

If you had no money, but you would have made a dagger out of wood from forest trees to kill someone, but I gave you money in general for any purchase you chose, and you went and killed that someone with that knife purchased with the money I gave you, would I be at fault?

[edit on 18-10-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Whats stinks though is that this guy probaly wont be put to death.

Im sure that this guy will get a nice liberail lawyer, and he will argue that this guy is the victum. And if only his wife would have been more understanding, and tolerent, then he wouldnt have had to do this.

by the end of the day, this sick, twisted phycopath will be back on the street within a decade.

probaly let him out for good behavior...

Vermin like this should be put to death.
Places that don't have the death penalty are sick...
I hope that these countires/states/cites that DO NOT have the death penalty have horrible crimes like this happen to them every day.

Mabye then, they will realise that the fear of losing ones life is often the best deterent.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn

I have always thought it was only a matter of time that Facebook or MySpace would start breaking up marriages, but I didn't think it would go this far.

This has nothing to do with Facebook. That is just a medium, and it's completely circumstantial. This could have just as easily been word of mouth, myspace, penny savers, personal adds, craig's list, plentyoffish, adult friend finder, her diary, private phone calls... whatever. Point is she wanted out of her marriage.

She probably was cheating on him. She clearly did want out of the marriage and wanted to date other men.

Can we blame her!?...

Maybe she caught wind of the fact her husband was a psycho meat cleaving murderer? Yeah methinks so!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Blaming this on Facebook is exactly what the government hopes you’ll do!

Keep insisting it’s the INTERNET that made you do it!

The INTERNET that’s the Devil!

Go ahead.

But you better not moan and whine when the Internet Security Act steps in and the Internet is so tightly controlled and clamped down on it never sees the freedom it does at the moment.

Anyone who blames this on Facebook really truly has a critical *I Need Net Nanny* personality and is nothing but a threat to all of us WHO DON’T!

...taps...

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BindareDundat

My little sister is also in a similar situation. I don't understand the mentality that allows herself to be so badly mistreated.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

Vermin like this should be put to death.
I hope that these countires/states/cites that DO NOT have the death penalty have horrible crimes like this happen to them every day.

Mabye then, they will realise that the fear of losing ones life is often the best deterent.

Yes because dead people can learn from their mistakes.....

America is proof the Death penalty does not work at scaring people into not comitting crimes

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
this story and that other story of an elderly man who killed his wife after she told him after all these decades that she wasn't a virgin after all when they got married is interesting.

Interesting because everyone's comments would be so different if these couples were muslim.

Funny ain't it?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Facebook isn't the problem. He is a lunatic, had she not even been on facebook he mite of still killed her. afterall he did threaten.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Now I can go back to playing gorey video games and watching violent movies now that they are safe since we now know it has been the internet all this time making people go phsychotic.

Facebook is a CIA front. The CIA made him kill his wife so that the government could call for restriction!

/spam

[edit on 18/10/08 by Pfeil]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I don't think that facebook made this murder happen. Facebook is almost like a dairy, you put down your thoughts and feelings about your life everday. Some diaries shouldn't be read by some people. Some people arn't smart enough to be aware that there are some people that donb't like em.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

You're just a fountain of ignorance, aren't you TK?

Your country has one of the highest, if not the highest, murder rates in the world. But you still claim the death penalty saves you?

I'm not against the death penalty, I think child rapists, repeat/brutal sex offenders, and serial murderers should be executed.

But that line from you I bolded just shows your extreme ignorance and naivety.

You need to grow up.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
To Unlimitedpossibilities,

No, I don't think you can blame Facebook at all.

I'm sure the guy would have eventually learned that she was "single" again through phone messages, word of mouth, emails, ect.

He probably would have felt no less justified in killing her.

It certainly wasn't Facebook's fault--it didn't make the man do it--his own choices did.

I don't even thin you can say it was the girl's fault for posting too much info. All she did was change her status, and the relationship with him was over--she had the right to do that.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
shesh oh pete man, you don't hack up your wife. You hack her account!

My god man. Some people just don't understand technology lingo :shk: I mean I found out my ex was cheating on me through her blog, just read it and pretend nothing is wrong, all the while save those messages for use in court latter.

Don't go chopping up your ex.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
They were already split up WUKky. And email is considered "hearsay" in most places and thus not admissible in courty.

Personally I don't think that a spouse has a right to read the other's personal emails anyway, unless they are explicitely invited to.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I would say facebook probably saved a life. If he would have found out by seeing her out with someone instead, then it probably would have been two dead instead of one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join