It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Develops Awesome Halloween Windows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I found this video to be really cool as Halloween is just around the corner. Each year there are less and less creative houses for the kids on Halloween - public elementary schools are quickly doing away with costume parades in fear of offending someone. This used to be a great holiday and I think we need to get it back there - again, because it can be such a great time for a kid.

Any way, there is simply a vid and the creators name. The concept seems simple enough, almost like a high def super thin tv panel instead of his window. Some of his graphics are pretty good and I can only imagine the look on my kids faces when we round the corner to see this house...

www.liveleak.com...

ColoradoJens

[edit on 17-10-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
That is way, way cool! lol

I want one, I want one, I want one!!!

Great find

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Absolutely ingenious and incredible.
Best thing Iv'e seen all week.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The kids LOVEDIT! My 13 year old said he would just get a lawn chair and hang out in his front yard. That was very cool, thanks and Happy Halloween!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Thats cool, but i wonder if its just done in after effects or something like that and not actually in the window? I hope its not because i like to do that to my home as my wife and i put on a mini spook house every Halloween.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Optix]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Mark Gervais is a guy who makes Hallowindows -- creepy animations you project on your window in lieu of Halloween decorations. If you happen to have a projector, there's no question that a Hallowindow will make you the toast of the cul-de-sac. Kids will ooh and ahh, and then ooh again they'll be so impressed. You'll be rivaled only by the guy who gives out full size candy bars, but who knows? In these tough financial times, maybe this year he'll switch to bite-size. Then you'll definitely be the king of the neighborhood.

Here is more info on the creator - they are just projections - takes away some of the "wow" factor, but the visuals remain the same - awesome! And if you have a projector - you can have Hallowindows!

www.urlesque.com...

Happy Halloween!
ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Thanks for the info on that! I am sending those links to my wife.
I got to start making some of these! first i need a projector and i can make my own animations and sounds. cool ideas!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Now that's cool, I wonder how he came up with the ideal?....... Any way it would be nice to have one in my house to scare those crazy kids..

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to rikk7111

Check out the link above - it tells you how you can buy it - it seems that he makes the vids - if you know how to make vids, you should be able to make your own hallowindows.

ColoradoJens

new topics

top topics

join