It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Million person demonstration in Iraq on Saturday October 18th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
A million-person demonstration… or at least mass demonstration is supposed to take place in Iraq tomorrow. Of course there is nothing about it in US news.

This demonstration was scheduled to take place several times before, but US forces always stopped it by either spraying a few bombs over Iraqi cities or blocking the cities violently with US forces and concrete walls so that people couldn’t join the center where the demonstration was to start from.

Tomorrow however, the demonstration is supposed to take place. Many Iraqis have already moved in preparation for it and are ready. The demonstration is against the US and Israel and is calling for US withdrawal from Iraq.

The demonstration was originally called for by Shiite cleric Muqtada el Sadr and is now jointly organized by Iraqi Muslims and Christians, Shias and Sunnis.

I don’t presume that the US will give much coverage to this event, but it will be a huge event which also demonstrates against the so-called “security” agreement between the US and Iraq. Watch Iraq tomorrow and then listen to McCain tell you how “all is fine and dandy in Iraq”.

www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com...

FLAG this, its important that everyone knows.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
What do you think this means? Was this organized by Al-Qaeda?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PinealGlandThoth
What do you think this means? Was this organized by Al-Qaeda?

I really dont know, i think that its being suppressed for obvious reasons, in a way i hope these demonstrations dont happen because then there are hundreds of thousands of people out in the open, free shooting field.

Also, i dont believe that Al-Qaeda is real, and im not sure who organized this, there are more news articles about this same protest last year, im just trying to gather more.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Al-Sadr's followers demonstrated in Baghdad. No bombs "rained" down or anything.

And it was covered in the news. ....

news.yahoo.com...

news.yahoo.com...

news.yahoo.com...

news.yahoo.com...

Sorry to disappoint you.

As far as coverage in the US goes. It's not quite as "news worthy" anymore. People are more concerned about other issues, i.e. the US economy, the credit crunch, their job, next meal, presidential race, etc.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I hope for them that nobody gets violent. Because it will just be more excuses for the army to "quell the insurgence
". Hopefully somebody willfind vids of this and post on this thread???

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Found video footage, this was big, thank god no incidents occured.

au.youtube.com...ttp://au.youtube.com/watch?v=QZvdXP7zmEM

Denouncing the American occupation of Iraq, the crowds shouted anti-US slogans and called for ending the US presence in the oil-rich country.

"Get out occupier! We demand an end to the occupation!" shouted protesters.

[edit on 18/10/08 by serbsta]

[edit on 18/10/08 by serbsta]

new topics

top topics

join