It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't like the looks of this!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This was a close one we didn't even hear about on the news...

www.hohmanntransfer.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I'd simply echo cmdrkeenkid's comments....great job!

Surely during WWII people must have thought the apocalypse was on it's way as well....yet here we are, more than half a century later...

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
This was a close one we didn't even hear about on the news...

www.hohmanntransfer.com...

energy_w,
No off', but i reckon your theory is clutching at straws.
Give me 30min, and i could post my theory, (which i dont have)
and create more paranoia.
I had to laugh re, the logo/catch phrase of the link...
"Major news about minor objects"
S.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
interesting theory energywave
I do agree that we should pay attention to current events, the world, signs, etc...and that many religions believe we are in the end of times.

But what i think most people don't realize is that it will not be the end for all mankind, but, for the majority...people all over the world will still survive to start over and continue the cycle and those who survive will be the ones who paid attention to everything and I'd rather be open to all possibilities than to be blown away by any singular one.

But, any year or any time can be the time, we'll never really know until it happens and even then many still will not know.

(omg, that last sentence sounded just like something yogi berra would have said. )

[Edited on 3-28-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   

From what I read, the 3 days of darkness are s'pozed to happen when the Earth temporarily stops rotating.
This I dont know about and have no findings to prove it...

Well, if you think about it... Even if the Earth was to stop rotating, one side would still be facing the Sun!

So I don't know about the whole "3 days of darkness" thing. Maybe for some people. Others would be chillin' at the beach sippin' a martini for 3 days!
I'd be one of them.

"Uh, next flight to wherever it's sunny right now, please?"

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

If we do see two bright spots one morning where only he sun usually shines then know this... We will only have a short time left. Air travel will be shut down to contain the ensuing panic. We will see and hear about government and family fleeing to safe underground bases. The phone and internet may be all that�s left

AT�s will rule for sure.

The phone system would shut down in about 4 minutes after the broadcast of "an event". Ever tried and call a rdio station, when a big contest is going on? Now imagine half the world trying to call the other half to tell them about what they are seeing/hearing. "circuits are down".
The Internet would follow in about 30, maybe even less. Radio would be the best way of getting news (IF the DJ's don't haul butt and leave)
News stations would stay on (at least the majors) and probably get a jump on showing the event before the government would issue any kind of statement.
Depending on the stement issued, the following could occur;
City Interstates would pack up in about 15-30 minutes . depending on who heard what first, and how many households have 2 cars. People streesed and panicky, would throw all caution out the window and be the cause for most major accidents that would eventually close the whole city interstate down.
People would abandon cars, and begin to run/walk towards what they would see as safety.
Looting would begin in some major cities at sundown. National Guard would have been called out, but most don't show. Exisiting gangs in major cities would take over parts of downtown and some outlying suburbs. Police, Fire, EMS, would be ineffective, since as the National Gurad, most don't come in that day
Those with guns at home, (and who are AT home at the time of the event) would remain there, waiting for a spouse or children to arrive.
After that,it's all in the roll of the dice..............

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
interesting theory energywave
I do agree that we should pay attention to current events, the world, signs, etc...and that many religions believe we are in the end of times.

But what i think most people don't realize is that it will not be the end for all mankind, but, for the majority...people all over the world will still survive to start over and continue the cycle and those who survive will be the ones who paid attention to everything and I'd rather be open to all possibilities than to be blown away by any singular one.

But, any year or any time can be the time, we'll never really know until it happens and even then many still will not know.

(omg, that last sentence sounded just like something yogi berra would have said. )

WorldW,
When you say that the majority of mankind will be blown away,
do you mean... war, pandemic, terrorism(war) or a comet type senario?
S.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave The end times as outlined in many religions and prophecies really seem to coming to pass.
You do realize that people have been saying this since... well... since end-times have been prophecies have existed. Since the prophecies are always rather vague and open to interpretation, nearly every generation has feared they are living in the near-end times. As a matter of fact, the current end-time paranoia isn't nearly as intense as it was during the early stages of the cold war, when everyone was theorizing over the Soviet Union's role in prophecies (students of history will also recall it was a very troubling time in the mid-east). Cheer up. If this is the end, at least you'll know about it sooner thanks to the Internet.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

WorldW,
When you say that the majority of mankind will be blown away,
do you mean... war, pandemic, terrorism(war) or a comet type senario?
S.

for fear of sounding more like yogi berra again, i'll keep it short..
it think it would be a combination of natural disasters (earthquakes, hurricanes, etc) war, terrorism and diseases.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Isnt there another 10/20 prophicies to be forfilled in the bible (I hear 10 has already)

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I agree that you could make a case for almost any time period involving the END. My thing is that it(The Bible) talks about "Birth Pains". Pain during pregnancy gets worse as time goes on, until the Baby is delivered. (I can not verify this for myself since I am a Male, according to every Woman I know that has had a baby, they can atest to this.)

The events surrounding the Seven Seals have Significally increased on average in the Last 20 Years(At Least). Thus getting stronger and stronger, symbolizing "Birth Pains". I still disagree with the World Ending this Year, but then again Jesus doesn't even know.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I'll add to the paranoa as previously quoted by energy_wave: on BelowTopSecret under Nostradamus and the coming comets
quote of transcript of digital transmission

SNOWBALL NET: Snowball Net comms check. All stations, clock sync, (pause) impact at minus 146 days, 5 hours UTC. Standby for ACC link (could have been ACD).

Burst of digital data�

Burrow: SNOWBALL This is BURROW (could be Burro as in donkey). You are not secure�repeat not secure�go green�go green�

While stating that this is probably a hoax I just now noticed that another post states that a comet may be naked eye visible around the May-June period of this year. I forgot to mention the possible impact time if not a hoax would be around June 19th give or take a day.

I'm just thinking if the government really found a comet/asteriod that would impact the earth and possibly take out a few cities if not cause a major disaster, then they probably would keep it secret. A few big cities getting baby asteroids or atomic size explosions would be a disaster.

It's not a question of if this type of disaster will occur but when since we can't stop it. If one gets New York, I hope the mutual fund companies got back up records outside of New York. I predict if an asteroid hits New York, then the stock market will crash, that is if it could open.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Guys & Gals,

By intensely speculating and obsessing on the end of the world and armaggedon, you're feeding the negative energy that would help bring it about. We are in bigger danger of having True Believers helping bring about the end of the world in order to fulfill their belief system than we are of it happening by natural or "divine" causes. I'm talking like in the end of Beneath The Planet Of The Apes with the Holy Bomb and (spoiler alert) Taylor himself blowing up the Earth.

Focus on the Environment, focus on relieving suffering--hell, focus on the latest episode of The Simpsons! Just please don't feed more energy into this doomsday scenario.

The biggest hurdle to come for humanity will be a challenge to their mainstream conception of reality. It is what the Mayans mean when they say the world will end in 2012. If you witnessed something really fantastic (say, a chair levitating in front of you, or a thin slice of reality peeling off right before your very eyes), life as you know it would change forever, life as you know it would be over. In such a scenario, a quick direct blast from a nuke or asteroid might almost be comforting to some.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This part is what cought my eye as Fatima prophecy said something about a new star will soon shine.

"The appearance of a new star, never seen before, will be in plain sight to all humanity. "

Jihadists in global frenzy over coming of prophesied 'Mahdi'

Warnings from Islam's 'messianic whirlpool'
Jihadists in global frenzy over coming of prophesied 'Mahdi'

Posted: March 29, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

Editor's note: Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin is an online, subscription intelligence news service from the creator of WorldNetDaily.com � a journalist who has been developing sources around the world for the last 25 years.

� 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

An Israeli intelligence analyst sees a frenzy of jihadist Internet communications as part of a "dangerous Islamic messianic whirlpool" featuring a number of prophecies culminating in the coming of the "Mahdi," reports the latest issue of the premium online intelligence newsletter Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin.

Some of the documents obtained in a sweep of Internet communications just before the attack on the Madrid trains are signed by an unknown sheikh � assumed to be a nom de guerre for Osama bin Laden, Ayman al-Zawahiri or others in leadership in al-Qaida.

The communications make a number of predictions about world events pointing to "The coming of the Mahdi" � a messianic figure Muslims expect to come and lead them in victory against the infidels in the last days.

Here is what these communications foresee:

Two European countries will be attacked.

Another attack is planned against the U.S.

Followers are asked to get rid of euros and as true Muslims replace them with gold.

There will be an assassination attempt against a high-ranking Egyptian official.

A mass gathering of jihad warriors is expected in the cities of the twin holy mosques Mecca and Medina.

A divine signal will be given when three celestial stars will be aligned on one axis.

The appearance of a new star, never seen before, will be in plain sight to all humanity.

worldnetdaily.com...=37782

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   

"The appearance of a new star, never seen before, will be in plain sight to all humanity. "

people keep wanting to say jupiter for this, and you're saying the comets possibly (if i'm reading right).... but what's to say it can't be a supernova though? those can be seen in the day time. they also are visible for a few days.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I wish I could relate it all to you -
as well as did the astrophysicist
that just called me.

He had just received a call from a colleague
who told him that their facility
has just completed formal verification
that an asteroid will hit the earth -
in the year 2010.

This is the FIRST time -
that science has allowed us to have
such an advance warning.

When the four or five chunks plowed into Jupiter
a while back -
there were loads of telescopes trained on it.
The lady astronomer who first calculated that -
did an amazing job -
and that was the first time
that we had ever observed
such a thing in our solar system.

www.timebomb2000.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
THere are no end times

just a transferrence and change of the phantasmagorical universe

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The Earth is constantly getting bombarded with rocks or icy debris etc. I believe US military satellites looking for nuclear launch detections were initially surprised to see so many detonations in the upper atmosphere. If I remember correctly at least one atomic size explosion occurs high up every year on average.

Just my opinion but I believe slightly bigger ones that could destroy a city or so probably occur every 40 to 80 years. Bigger ones less frequent. Since our ancestors didn't routinely report on impacts from space, our records from the past would only indicate a massive fire etc. when a city could have been hit by a blast wave. There is a city in the American midwest that was obliterated in the 1800's by what survivors called a fiercely blowing horizontal fire. The survivors happened to be in a lake at the time.

I myself have seen a fireball in the night sky while at Myrtle Beach one night. My relatives yelled to come see the fireball and it looked like a bright ball about the size of the full moon. Then as it streaked under the moon it expanded to about 3 times the size of the full moon and started breaking up like a ball of shiny glitter. It expanded more and faded as it went over the ocean. It was very impressive. Never seen anything like it before.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
im quite confident myself, ive lived through so many predicated armaggedons now that im pretty sure i can live through these ones too, you notice how practically all of these false profets date armaggedon well within their own life expectany coz they want to be around to say i told ya so, you never see them say ''oh i predict in the year 3025.......' nah doesnt happen, thats how pathetic their lives are, and when the date passes and they are proved wrong suddenly they are the only ones out of all of us that dissapear out existance! funny that eh.....if or when something catastrophic happens every single one of them will be saying that they were right no matter what the date is, as boring as it might be to some people i think 2004, 2008, 2012 and so on, most of us expected to be around will be, and living our lives just as we normally do, no one ever seems to say 'hmm one person deciding that something he has said will effect the lives of 6 billion people - kinda arrogant init?' tomorrow every single one of us might all be hit by a bus.......but its unlikely!

i think me saying i added a load of random numbers in my calculator and got 2015 so that is when the world is going to end, that holds as much water as any of these other 'profets'

i truely believe that alot of people deep down feel that only the event of something catastrophic can bring the world together as a people fighting for a common goal, maybe we can be the generation that can break that cycle and start thinking of the positive things for everyones future that can bring us all together!

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
On the contrary, most of the "false prophets" have come from people predicting the ends of times preaching from the bible. I remember i was living in Spain when in 1980-1982 when one group of these people kept preaching that the world was going to end. i was in school, and many of my own classmates were talking about this, as that day was predicted by these bible prophets to be the last one.

There are more than enough real prophets who most predictions, and worse predictions were of the future, a time hundreds of years ahead of their time. They also made predictions of the days when they were alive, some of them even predicting the day of their own death.

Prophets like Nostradamus, Mother Shipton, George Washington, (yes, he also made prophecies of the future and they are recorded at the library of Congress) Also almost every ancient culture in the world put the end of this cycle to go into the next at the times we are living now.

These old traditions and cultures have said that things will change drastically, and many people will perish. if prophecies were only wishes then i am sure most of us will only wish for good things. I know I would prefer if no one of the prophecies ever comes true. But it is a fact of life, just like death is part of life, chaotic earthchanges are part of the cycles of life.

Not even civilizations last forever, nothing that is material ever does, only energy is eternal, ever changing from one form into others.

[Edited on 1-4-2004 by Muaddib]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join