It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take the 2008 Candidate Survey

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Obama (Dem) 26%
McCain (Rep) 48%
Baldwin (Cst) 77%
Barr (Lib) 59%
McKinney (Grn) 20%
Nader (Ind) 38%

My decision had pretty much come down to a pity vote for McCain (won't count in Illinois anyway) or not vote. I've tinkered with the idea of voting early and writing-in Ron Paul.

Too bad I've never heard of Baldwin. What would happen if this was how we voted? Who would be honest and who would tailor their responses to "their candidate"? The idea of an anonymous election is interesting but maybe not plausible. We wouldn't want to accidentally elect an ugly guy

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I just took the quiz again, this time skipping the questions on which I only had a slight nudge of an opinion and focused solely on the issues on which I had strong feelings. My score went from 65% in favor of Baldwin up to 72%.

Interesting...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

That tells me that if you had grown up in the 70's, this would have been your favorite School House Rock:

I still to this day cannot recite the Preamble without singing it! LOL!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Obama (Dem) is in 44% agreement with you
McCain (Rep) is in 36% agreement with you
Baldwin (Cst) is in 44% agreement with you
Barr (Lib) is in 20% agreement with you
McKinney (Grn) is in 33% agreement with you
Nader (Ind) is in 36% agreement with you

I am tied with Obama and Baldwin, it made me lol

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

hehe. Well, I'm a child of the 90's but you know they never update any of those videos they show in schools so that would be along the lines of what we were shown as well- grainy videos from the 70's.

And that was really cute. Not sure how historically accurate the women on juries is, though.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

The passage of a Bill was my favorite one. I remember seeing it all the time on Saturday mornings during cartoons. They didn't just play these in the 70's, i grew up in the 80's and they were being played then too.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
What this survey is showing me is that our media should be giving more coverage to the other guys. So many of us don't even know who these guys are or we just blow them off completely.

No third party candidate has ever been elected President to my knowledge..but i think it can be possible in modern times if the media jumped on board with it. Until the MSM shows much more support..it's going to be next to impossible of getting those guys in.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Well, when I was a kid, ABC showed them on Saturday Morning inbetween cartoons. I had no idea that they were using them in schools after that! LOL!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
What this survey is showing me is that our media should be giving more coverage to the other guys. So many of us don't even know who these guys are or we just blow them off completely.

This is something I ABSOLUTELY agree with and something that has bothered me for years. I mentioned up above about an independent not standing a chance at this point in time and that is simply sad. It was Jefferson, I believe, who warned adamantly about not letting America get split into a two party government yet here we are. Hm...

Oh, I was just making a general joke about the 'oudated' clips they show in schools. Yes, that specific video was before my time and I don't recall seeing it on television or in school.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

There is a simple reason why you never hear about any of the other parties in politics:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

[edit on 20-10-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I don't get it. What are you trying to say?

Seriously, though, I agree to an extent but believe it's more sinister than even that. No one will be elected who is not a NWO puppet. Sorry to sound so tin foil but I truly believe that's the way it is. Look at what happened to Ron Paul. He refused to become part of the borg and the media shut him out. Same with other independents. They're not willing assimilate so away they go.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I too was going to say this is a Baldwin conspiracy thing, but I got the Excel file and looked at the formulas used in the calculations and it seems accurate...so long as the candidates views are accurately reflected in the pro/con under their respective names. For me it was:
Baldwin 74
Barr 47
McCain 45
Obama 32
Nader 26
McKinney 23

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

We are the Borg! You will be ASSIMILATED! Your technological and financial instruments will be added to our own! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I just wanted to say that Ron Paul has not been entirely shut out by the media. He was a major party candidate with 3rd party ideals and he got to debate on TV with all the other republicans. I think thats a big deal, and as a result he has created a huge following that the media CAN'T ignore. He even appears regularly on cnn, and other major networks. The third parties are rising, and the republicans may be having their last gasp...

It seems this thread shows an overall support for Baldwin, and I think thats very cool, and wish more attention could be brought to this test. Even if it's just here on ATS...have we all flagged it yet?

One thing tho, isn't baldwin very religious, and wanting to bring Christianity to government? I seem to remember reading something a little sketchy about baldwin in that regard.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
I just wanted to say that Ron Paul has not been entirely shut out by the media. He was a major party candidate with 3rd party ideals and he got to debate on TV with all the other republicans. I think thats a big deal, and as a result he has created a huge following that the media CAN'T ignore. He even appears regularly on cnn, and other major networks. The third parties are rising, and the republicans may be having their last gasp...

I didn't say 'entirely' shut out but there have been many cases even talked about on ATS where he was given the media's cold shoulder while mainline candidates received the normal exposure.
Not that he is never in the media.

have we all flagged it yet?

I did days ago.
I KNOW people have seen this thread- they just aren't wanting to post their answers for some reason. But as long as people see their own results, then hopefully that plants a seed at least.

One thing tho, isn't baldwin very religious

Yes he is but since I'm a Christian, too, it's not a problem for me. In fact, it's a plus. Just being honest.

...and wanting to bring Christianity to government?

I'm not sure. It's highly possible due to his religious affiliations but the first I ever heard of him was due to this thread/quiz so I have no idea for sure. I would like to say 'No' due to the fact he seems to, like Ron Paul, vote for his party and not his personal beliefs, but that is just a guess.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Being a Constitutionalist, it is highly doubtful that he would bring his religion into the government. The Constitution is very clear about the separation of Church and State. Any legitimate Constitutionalist would adhere to this, regardless of their own spiritual beliefs. This is in direct contrast to President Bush's father, who said to a member of the press when asked if he recognized the equal citizenship and patriotism of Americans who were aetheists, "No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God." This was during the senior Bush's campaign for President in 1987. So much for Republican secularism!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

That's my thoughts on it, too. Constitutionalists seem to want to go by the constitution and only by the constitution regardless of their feelings on individual issues. So that would make me assume he wouldn't do such a thing. However, I don't know much about Baldwin or what the previous member was referring to when he mentioned this tidbit about Baldwin and I didn't want to shoot my mouth off by adamantly saying, 'No, no, no. He wouldn't do that since he's a constitutionalist.'

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I KNOW people have seen this thread- they just aren't wanting to post their answers for some reason. But as long as people see their own results, then hopefully that plants a seed at least.

I think you are right..and i think some are afraid to show their results because it would contradict their stance they seem to show here. I wish they would do it though. I thought this was a nice diversion from all the POO FLINGING done in the political threads. Often it seems people are just searching for an argument.

There are many that are on ats often everyday and they haven't touched this thread....it's disappointing to say the least.

I do thank everyone that has done the survey though, it's nice that at least some of us can be honest with ourselves.

The most surprising to me was Baldwin leading my survey...if he hadn't been on it everything else would have fell into place like i thought it would have.

Unfortunately it is MUCH too late to elect a third party candidate...although i do think there is a chance next election...but i also think things really have to be in bad shape for it to happen.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
the candidate survey corresponds with a printable summary chart comparing all of the candidates on 70+ issues: 2008election.procon.org...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Since he apparently mostly agrees with my views, I did a quick search on Chuck Baldwin and this was the first thing to come up.

www.ontheissues.org...

I then wanted to know why The Man, Ron Paul, endorsed Baldwin. This article sums up the Constitution Party's views near the end:

www.nolanchart.com...

There seem to be some discrepancies between his positions and those of his party. It seems like he's less extreme on some issues than his party, which is good in this case.

I'm seriously considering giving him my vote now even though there are some issues from the first link that I completely disagree with. I feel it would be better to vote for someone I "mostly" agree with since there will never be a candidate I "completely" agree with.

Also, looking over the CP's stances again... does voting for a candidate mean you are voting for their party? Some of those positions give me the willies...

[edit on 24-10-2008 by SmileyMan34]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join