learn more

Take the 2008 Candidate Survey

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I got 65% Baldwin and between 15-30% for the rest. So he's my result as well. It should come across as no surprise many of us are getting Baldwin as our result. I believe he is the candidate Ron Paul endorses and most of us here are avid Ron Paul supporters so it makes sense we agree with he candidate he endorses.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Unweighted:

Obama (Dem) is in 38% agreement with you
McCain (Rep) is in 32% agreement with you
Baldwin (Cst) is in 53% agreement with you
Barr (Lib) is in 35% agreement with you
McKinney (Grn) is in 23% agreement with you
Nader (Ind) is in 35% agreement with you

Not too surprising.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I like ron paul also, didn't know he was endorsing this guy though. After looking at his webpage, i do agree with him on many of the same issues. Surprising. I'm waiting for someone to have McCain or Obama in the lead on this. Haven't seen it yet...hopefully more of the staunch supporters of both major political parties will do this and post their results.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I didn't either. After getting my quiz results, I had to look the guy up to see who he was and then saw he was the candidate Ron Paul was supporting. I remember reading somewhere before he refused to endorse McCain and instead endorsed someone else but couldn't recall who it was. Now we know.

Anyways, thanks for this thread. I joked with someone previously and said I was just going to sleep in on voting day because I detest Obama and don't trust McCain. I was furious with the treatment Paul received, the lack of media attention, and his eventual dropping out of the race. Not that I think independents still have a chance in our country yet but it looks like I will go ahead and get out of bed in November and vote for Baldwin. After doing more research of course. lol At least I know there's a good alternative to the two current jokers.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Great find, David!!! Here's my results:

Obama- 54%
Baldwin- 41%
Nader- 37%
McCain- 33%
McKinney- 30%
Barr- 26%

I'm shocked that Nader is #3!! I can't stand that guy!! LOL!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Thanks for doing the survey Jaxon. This definitely reaffirms your position on the issues and your support for Obama. The percentage obviously resembles that. I hope others do the same, especially the strongest opinioned on ATS..i think we know who many of those are. This gives at least a little bit of verification on their stance...although it is a bit vague.

It looks like i may be a constitutionalist...according to this survey although i've always considered myself an independent.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Obama (Dem) is in 48% agreement with you
McCain (Rep) is in 29% agreement with you
Baldwin (Cst) is in 55% agreement with you
Barr (Lib) is in 33% agreement with you
McKinney (Grn) is in 38% agreement with you
Nader (Ind) is in 49% agreement with you

Strange that Obama has a 48% agreement with me
. I don't even like him. Interesting though that I got Baldwin as the top guy. I don't know this person though. I should probably check out on some of his policies.

Cool quiz.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Should Baldwin's campaign be contacted about this thread? They might wanna know how many people prefer their candidate and yet have no idea who he is.....uggg....come on guys, the election is only weeks away, no one is gonna wave a magic wand and get you up to speed on who's who and their policies.

I have a thread goin' right now about third party voters, anyone thinking of going that way yet?

I can't wait to see some more results.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Baldwin 59%

McCain 40%

Barr 39%

I guess I should do some research on Baldwin.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
What I think is so interesting about this thread and the majority getting Baldwin as their result is this:

How many of you were aware you were actually conservatives?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

A Constitutionalist is not a conservative. There is a difference. I tend to lean slightly to the left, but Baldwin was still my number two. Adherence to the Constitution is neither liberal or conservative.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

hehe...i'm just waiting for the most outspoken to take this survey..and take it honestly...and then post their results. There are many people that are posting everyday on the political threads and i've yet to see most of them do this...

Are people afraid with what they might come up with? I know i was certainly surprised.

Edit: May i also ask that anyone interested in this to flag the thread and maybe get it a bit more attention. Thanks

[edit on 18-10-2008 by David9176]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Doh! I'm a moron! I saw the 'Con' or 'Const' (whatever the abbreviation was by his name last night while taking the quiz) and thought it stood for conservative until looking him up and seeing it stood for the constitution party.

Owned into oblivion again by Jaxson!

In my ego's defense, though, can I claim that he is indeed very conservative in his views?

Me too. I am very interested in hearing from some of the more vocal members who are devoted to their party's candidate.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
64% Baldwin
42% McCain
30% Obama

The others I forgot.

Im going to vote for McCain. The test was fun, I left a few open cause I truly am mixed as to how I feel about them.

[edit on 10/18/2008 by AndrewTB]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Baldwin took first at 43% McCain was second.

Just goes to show how unfair media is. If they had included more talk and stories about 3rd parties McCain and Obama would both be in trouble. I am also wondering if the polls main media take into account a 3rd party spoiler.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Obama (Dem) is in 54% agreement with you
McCain (Rep) is in 31% agreement with you
Baldwin (Cst) is in 43% agreement with you
Barr (Lib) is in 25% agreement with you
McKinney (Grn) is in 43% agreement with you
Nader (Ind) is in 44% agreement with you

Baldwin and McKinney both tie for third.

Not a suprising survey.

However, Baldwin was first place for a while there, and I consider myself to be quite left wing! Maybe there IS a Baldwin conspiracy in that survey after all!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I think you're right about both parties being in trouble...if this thread is any indication. I don't like our political party system...i think it does more harm than good and divides us as people. Candidates should be running on their merits, values, and issues alone. It hurts us...how many in this country..when they vote...go all Republican or all Democrat without even knowing what that person or persons stands for? I'm sure it's high...heck...one percent would be too high.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Hmm...what a disappointment. So many visit the political boards and few have done this. I guess a large portion of the people here would rather FLING POO at each other.

Come on people!!!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, Tonto! I've had an equally luke warm response rate to my Politically speaking, what are you really? thread (shameless plug). I wish I could tell you why.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Baldwin 57 %
McCain 40%
Obama 39%

The others were very low, so I didn't bother to copy them. I'm not surprised that McCain and Obama both are so close together for me, I am not cracked up about either one of them tbh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join