It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take the 2008 Candidate Survey

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Don't know if this has been posted or threaded...but a local radio station was talking about this website this morning. It has all the candidates and where they stand on the issues. You actually decide on Pro/Con/? on each issue. There are over 80 issues. After you finish it shows who you agree most with on the issues overall.

I came up with Baldwin. And i honestly i barely even know who this man is. I just thought it would be interesting for people to take this survey and post who they match up with most.

Looking forward to seeing replies.

Baldwin 53 percent
McCain 47
Obama 41
Barr 33
Nader 24
McKinney 22

That's how they finished for me. I planned on voting McCain.

I just thought it would be neat to see whom we all line up with, even though the survey is a bit vague.

LINK:

2008election.procon.org...

[edit on 17-10-2008 by David9176]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
well are you gonna vote for him? Baldwin i mean?

Here's a link to a survey asking how many ATSers would vote third party.
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Sorry I woulda taken the poll, but I don't have excel for my mac...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Like i stated, i dont know much about the guy. Will have to actually learn about him first before i would change my vote. It is interesting though. I'm just curious to see how other ATSer's surveys come out, especially ones that are very PRO Obama or PRO McCain.

Should be interesting and i hope people do it.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
54% Baldwin
42% Obama
38% Nader
37% Barr
32% McKinney
30% McCain

I really don't like Obama or McCain and quite frankly I'm surprised Obama was second in agreement with me. It may have been a bit vague, but despite my closer agreement with Obama than McCain, I still plan on voting for a Third Party Candidate. I'll have to research Baldwin, I know absolutely nothing about him. Seems we both leaned more towards his general ideologies...I wonder how many more people end up the same.

Thanks for the survey, it was pretty interesting and gave me someone to research!

Edti: Stupid grammatical errors.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Alexander_Supertramp]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp

WOW 30 for McCain. That's a pretty strong differential with him. You are definitely right about the vagueness of the survey as there are many levels to the issues...but still interesting nonetheless.

I will be researching Baldwin also.

Edit: Here's a link to Baldwin's website. www.baldwin08.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The McCain percentage really puzzles me, because in all honesty I thought I would rather him be POTUS than Obama. Apparently I was wrong haha. I left a couple blank on foreign policy because I'm just not sure where I stand on some of those issues, so I'm guessing that's why I wasn't more alongside his views.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I like these sort of quizes but I don't have excel.
On the other hand becareful there isn't a virus in there. Opening in excel could give someone access to your computer.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp

I left some blank too, including some of the foreign issues as you stated.

I think this site is safe as it was advertised by a very popular comedy morning show and they did it also. I remember one of them saying they matched up with some guy named Baldwin also and he didn't know who he was.

Edit: What i like the most about this survey...if you honestly answer the questions...it's not going to be party biased...which i really like. I think some will be surprised with their results.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Obama (Dem) is in 33% agreement with you
McCain (Rep) is in 40% agreement with you
Baldwin (Cst) is in 59% agreement with you
Barr (Lib) is in 39% agreement with you
McKinney (Grn) is in 17% agreement with you
Nader (Ind) is in 19% agreement with you

Looks like Baldwin for me, too.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It's a Baldwin conspiracy! I'm going to send this to my friends and family and see what they take, I'll report back on that whenever they get around to it..it'd be really interesting if the majority of them ended up most in agreement with this Baldwin fellow.

I just hope it's not Alec Baldwin

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I got 58% for Baldwin, and I don't know who he is either. It does make me wonder though if the survey is somehow fixed so that most people will have him as the closest match for their views... Not sure exactly how that would be done with an excel spreadsheet, but it's a thought I had running through my head after I re-read the thread.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Ya know i actually thought about that too, although i don't know how it could be done. I know the radio show i listened too...which is "Free Beer and Hot Wings"..i don't think they all came up with Baldwin. It was just one i think. Anyway i'm looking at the guys website now.

Ok..i just tried something. I purposely answered everything against what baldwin supposedly goes by on this issues. It definitely changed it and drops him down so i don't think this is fixed in anyway.

When you change your answers you can see the percentages change.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I'm wondering if a strong McCain or Obama supporter ended up favoring the other on this survey...and would they show it on the thread? I know of some people i'd like to see do this who post on ATS, just hope everyone is honest with the answers.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I believe Ron paul has endorsed Mr. Baldwin. It's not surprising that you are all ending up agreeing most with the candidate that Ron Paul also agrees most with. Just goes to show, most people are in line with Paul, they just don't know it.

Join the revolution.....

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

It did for me. I've decided who I want to vote for based on issues, and that guy wasn't close to the % I got with Baldwin.

Makes me think we should research ALL the candidates....not just the ones that are talked about on the news or on ATS or the radio or the net.

[edit on 10/17/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I was just looking at his website as well and surprisingly I agree with him on most of the issues. On the bright side I now know why I never really agree with Democrats or Republicans, it turns out I am a Constitutionalist.

I didn't list the rest of my scores earlier, but I know I scored somewhere in the low 40's with Obama and in the high 30's with McCain. There wasn't more than 5% between those two for me, I just forgot to copy and paste and I'm too lazy to re-download the file to take it again. (I think I get credit for admitting my laziness though!)

It really didn't surprise me much that I scored higher with Obama than McCain, I usually agree with Democrat candidates more than I do Republican candidates. I wasn't going to vote for Obama though, still am not going to actually, partly because of the issues I disagree with him on and partly because of who he is as a person. That, in my mind anyway, is a factor that should be considered when deciding who to vote for. I won't go into a long drawn out post over it since that would be slightly off-topic and since I've made posts in other threads that gave reasons why I won't vote for him.

Getting such a high percentage with Baldwin though is something to think about. Had I been old enough to vote when Ross Perot was running, I would have voted for him. But alas I missed it by a few years. I wouldn't be against voting for a third party in this or any other election, it's just a matter of acquiring enough information about that third party candidate for me to make an informed decision. Finding Baldwin's website was a good start, but I will need to learn more about the guy, and his running-mate, before I would be willing to vote for him.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Makes me think we should research ALL the candidates....not just the ones that are talked about on the news or on ATS or the radio or the net

I couldn't agree more. The other candidates don't seem to get much of a chance to show their stance on anything really since the media ignores them. I'm still surprised to have this Baldwin guy show up.

ALso, i went against everything in the survey that Baldwin was for or against except for the question mark ones...it'd dropped him down to around 11 percent and i didn't change the 1 through 5 level of importance option. I don't think this is a fraudulent survey.

Try it people!!!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

This year is the first time that i plan on voting. The previous elections..i just didn't care for either major candidate so i didn't bother...also i was younger then and didn't care too much about it...was too busy getting wasted and having a good time...heh. But that has changed. I'm older now and hopefully a bit wiser.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Dissapointing..people can't take 5 minutes away from the bickering and mudslinging to do this? People that attack each other on this website might find some common ground.

Very disappointing.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I tried to take this quiz, but I have open office and it's not tallying the score right. For every answer I click, the one above it unclicks. and is left blank.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by Clark W. Griswold]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join