It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"ALIEN" word...not a bit RACIST is it...!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I'll take a short-cut. I was just doing my tags onto this new thread when it got vanished, will never tag here again!!

Oh well, you get my drift, are you not tired of this word "ALIEN" ???

Alien to What????

Here's a vid to show how Mars people can be cheerful:

uk.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I almost never use the word alien when decribing outer beings because their alien to us and we are alien to them. If I knew the different races of outer beings I'd use those names.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MarsFanMag

Of course, it means 'alien' or foreign to this planet
A pretty straight forward concept really.

I'm gathering that this is a bit of a joke, yeah? Tongue firmly planted in cheek?

If not then I'd imagine you have far too much time on your hands. There are plenty of more important things to worry about on this Earth in comparison.

Does political correctness know no limits?

IRM

[edit on 17/10/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by MarsFanMag

Of course, it means 'alien' or foreign to this planet
A pretty straight forward concept really.

I'm gathering that this is a bit of a joke, yeah? Tongue firmly planted in cheek?

If not then I'd imagine you have far too much time on your hands. There are plenty of more important things to worry about on this Earth in comparison.

Does political correctness know no limits?

IRM

[edit on 17/10/08 by InfaRedMan]

Yea I agree. Alien simply refers to any living creature that is not originally from earth. Thus it is alien to our planet. Simple as that.

Im hoping that this is meant as a joke, otherwise Im not so sure I get why calling something that is alien to our planet, an alien, is so bad.

Besides there is more than one thing to call an alien. You can always refer to them as extra terrestrials, martians, little green men etc...

There is a whole miriad of titles you can give these guys if "alien" gets your goat.

Dust.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Yeah I hate using the world alien...it always catches people's attention or gets a weird look.. I only use it when I'm trying to bring up the subject but in a joking way... like "aliens are going to attack earth we're gonna diieee nooo".
When I'm trying to explain something on a more serious note I just refer to them as ET's.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by MurrayTORONTO]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I actually thought 'alien' meant non-indigenous, for example an alien species of plant, it's not from outer space now is it? We just call it a weed.

Same with illegal aliens, although we don't call them weeds

So I don't believe it is exclusivity used for outer space terms

dictionary.reference.com...

new topics

top topics

join