It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make sure your vote counts!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

States in light grey do require electors to vote in accordance with the popular vote results, states in dark gray however do not. Alaska and Hawaii although not pictured do in fact require Electors to vote in favor of the winning ballot via popular vote

We are all familiar with the electoral college I would think, for those who may not be I suggest taking a moment to brush up. Of course there are some of us who are ruffled by the concept of our vote not being directly counted in a meaningful way, and I hope this thread if all else will serve as a reminder that the Electoral College system as implemented among the states is a very flawed system when it permits such a large portion of the country's votes to be ignored by those chosen to represent us.

The fact that such heavy hitting states in the election such as New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Texas, and Florida do not require their Electors to honor the will of the people quite frankly is disgusting. We may not have the logistics to pull off a pure popular vote but I would think the least we could do is demand our state level governments to bring our chosen Electoral College representatives into line with the outcome of state-wide pole results, if only to give us just a little more faith in the way we pick the head of the Executive branch.

reference: www.thegreenpapers.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I tell ya what, when you see a state's electors vote different than what the popular vote reflects than you have a story.

I'm not thrilled with people voting that think Obama is an "Arab" and on behalf of the sane people of Minnesota, I apologize for that crazy woman...we are trying to deport her to Ohio or West Virginia. It is sad that the electoral college is still needed but there is my example for why it is.

join