It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Mathews caught in a lie about Ayers on Hardball tonight.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone else saw this, but Pat Buchanan was really taking it to Mathews and the liberal pundit. Both of them were stuttering like crazy, because Pat perfectly articulated the argument that Mccain's campaign has been trying to make.

At the beginning, Pat was making the argument that if he had started his political career at an former KKK bomber's house, he would be catch hell for it in the media and probably be run out of town. Especially if the KKK bomber was unrepentant. Chris not only claimed that Ayers motivations were good, but that he actually didn't say he wished he had bombed more.

You can knock the source for this all you want, I watched it live and will provide a transcript as soon as its available.

newsbusters.org...

I think he said "I wished we had done more." He never said "bomb more." I think you have to be careful there. In terms of anti-war activism . . . Let's get the facts straight . . . He didn't say he wished he had bombed more. -- Chris Matthews to Pat Buchanan, Hardball, October 17, 2008

Here is the direct quote from Ayers
query.nytimes.com...

''I don't regret setting bombs,'' Bill Ayers said. ''I feel we didn't do enough.'' -- from No Regrets for a Love Of Explosives, New York Times, September 11, 2001

So, it seems that not only is Chris Mathews lying, but he is an apologist for terrorists.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Here's the video of the exchange. The comments relevant to this thread start at about 2:40.....

Video

The whole exchange is pretty good and interesting. Much more to talk about than just the Ayers bit.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
saw the ayers quote you provided and i still don't see him saying "bomb more". perhaps ayers meant something else. i don't know and don't care. ayers is a non-issue. mccain's campaign is grasping at straws. like all the lame and desperate things they've done.
if mccain and company are so concerned about people "palling around with terrorists", why aren't they concerned about their own shady friends. ie: g. gordon liddy, harry sargent III, oh the list is vast, mccain's been around a long time.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Absolutely! His exchanges with that woman were 100% spot on! Its something I've been trying to say for a long time. It seems like the left sees itself as inherently better than everyone else and so they can have these hateful, fearmonger points of view. Because of course, they're the good guys! Pat points out brilliantly that shes being extremely hypocritical in her scaremongering fascist rhetoric.

I know if comes from the right too, but Pat pointed out exactly how the most the media operates its bias.

reply to post by heather65

saw the ayers quote you provided and i still don't see him saying "bomb more". perhaps ayers meant something else. i don't know and don't care.

What exactly do you think "I do not regret setting bombs" means? Explain it to us unenlightened folk.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

said exactly what i interpreted it be: don't know, don't care.
ayers is a distraction cooked up first by hillary then co-opted by mccain.
where is everyone's indignant outrage at the hate slung at obama?
don't hear anyone addressing the importance of these incidents.
not too surprised though, some people's lives are given a higher importance than others.
perhaps you should channel your anger towards more meaningful topics.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
not much of a shock though really...

MSNBC is so far left it makes Obama look like Ronald Reagan.

Although, I do have to question the decision for Palin to be bringing this up as often as she has lately... doesn't she have ties of her own to the Alaska Separatist Party? She might not be a member, but her husband was, and as mayor of Wasilla, she spoke at a few of their functions.

Anyway, anyone with a PC can see that Ayers has become a respectable citizen... and was NOT a terrorist at the time Obama was tooling around with him.

The 60's were crazy man... lots of people did some crazy stuff back then, and still grew into responsible adults.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Yes, but he said on 9/11 that he does not regret setting bombs. Think about that. Would you as easily dismiss a KKK bomber who said something similar?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
what's wrong with you republicans... republicans too have been working with bill ayers for years!!! get a grip on reality...you right wing people never, never, never, answer to that. grow up and start acting like adults. that information is so simple to find and verify. this is why the MSM makes a laughing stock out of you. you are jokes on late night TV because you are so infantile on supposed points of concern, that can be readily and quickly rebutted. why would anybody want to vote for any republican for anything, when this is the type of "illogic" that you cling too. you have only yourselves to blame for bush, and 6 years of republican rule in the congress tearing this country down and lying about anybody that doesn't see things your way. you people are the most UN-PATRIOTIC PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY !!!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

KKK = Hate based on race and religion

Weather Underground = Anti-war movement...

big difference.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

What's wrong with you dude, you start a thread about this in another topic. Is this Ayers thing bothering you that much. As a previous member said.

big difference.

Get over it...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I wouldn't go as far as to call the unpatriotic Jimmy. I'm sure republicans love their country just as much as democrats.

This is just an example of people allowing themselves to be subjected to the political propaganda machine.

Yes, both dems and repubs have a very elaborate propaganda machine. why else does it seem like every year, you either hate candidate A, or Hate candidate B (or both).

Repetition is a key to effective propaganda. They will repeat the same things over and over and over until the people start to become emotionally affected. They will accept the talking points as "fact" and argue using circular logic and straw men.

This is the science of politics.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day

big difference.

An "anti-war" movement that believed in bombing innocents to push their agenda. I don't think I need to point out the hypocrisy. Are you saying its legitimate to bomb innocent people?

Lets be honest here. hate is hate no matter what form it comes in. Some people can see that, other, apologize for the hate they think will further their agenda.

The KKK was bad, the weather underground was bad. In both cases, the parties ignored the legislative process that was still working.They were both hate filled morons who thought bombing would scare people in to taking their position.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius

big difference.

Lets be honest here. hate is hate no matter what form it comes in. Some people can see that, other, apologize for the hate they think will further their agenda.

Listen to yourself,

you are stating things like this, all the while trying to spread "hate" about one of our political candidates.

Lets cut through the propaganda here for a second... ignore the negative ads, and all the spin:

Both Candidates are fine leaders who have done much to better the lives of everyday Americans.

Both Candidates have questionable moments in their past. Everyone makes mistakes.

Both Candidates are running a hugely effective propaganda machine.

There is no reason realistically to "hate" either candidate, or fear either candidate taking office...

The real election is about Political ideologies. McCain is a staunch Conservative, and Obama, a stalwart liberal.

All this hating on either candidate is you allowing yourself to be subject to the propaganda.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The problem with you liberals is you have no respect for life. You support terrorism, abortion, and think that anyone who disagrees with you is childish. I do not agree with McCain on everything he wants to do. I don't want to see health benefits taxed. I would also like to see a stronger response to the economy. For example, lifting taxes on corporations that keep their jobs in this country.
I cannot vote for a man who wants to give a tax break to 95% of the people in this country. Especially when 45% don't pay taxes. I wonder how many of those who don't pay taxes don't have jobs? How many of them have never had a job because they have figured out how to abuse the system? Matthews lied. Buchanan, who is so right wing he even scares me, is right. Get over it!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by walkinghomer
What's wrong with you dude, you start a thread about this in another topic. Is this Ayers thing bothering you that much. As a previous member said.

big difference.

Get over it...

Oh, so as long as I embrace the anti-war movement, I can set off as many bombs as I want?

Yeah, right. That makes a whole lot of sense.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

The problem with you conservatives is that you have no respect for human life. You support U.S. Government sponsored terrorism, the death penalty, endless wars and think anyone who disagrees with you is a liberal.

I never said I was a liberal

please don't jump to conclusions

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Oh, so as long as I embrace the anti-war movement, I can set off as many bombs as I want?

Yeah, right. That makes a whole lot of sense.

Did Obama at eight years old assist in any way to place the bomb?

Do you know, without a shadow of a doubt, 100% of all your associates and friend's life stories?

Everyone has skeletons friend. Everyone...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Did Obama at eight years old assist in any way to place the bomb?

Do you know, without a shadow of a doubt, 100% of all your associates and friend's life stories?

Everyone has skeletons friend. Everyone...

Oh, so at the time of Obama's coming out of the closet party, he didn't have a clue what sort of past Ayers had?

Right.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I posted this in the other thread, so it is appropriate for this one, too.

Good Lord, people!!!

If you dig deep enough into anyone's past, you are likely going to find some unsavory characters that they have associated with, been friends with, or done business with.

Since it is true for everyone, why the game of "Who's Radical Associate/Friend/Business Associate is the Worst?"?

They both have questionable associations that bring up questions about their character and judgement. We all know that. So, put whatever weight on the association/friendship/business relationship you want and judge each's character and judgement accordingly. The issues of character and judgement of the President are important, but each voter has to decide how important those two things are to them. No one can do that for the voters but themselves.

No need to go round and round over who is worse and who associates with the worst.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Oh, so at the time of Obama's coming out of the closet party, he didn't have a clue what sort of past Ayers had?

Right.

Or perhaps since the time he met him, he was a professor, and on the board of an organization that is trying to better their local area, he felt it was irrelevant?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join