It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God vs Satan, who appeals to you and why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
There has been an on going battle of the ages, good vs evil, right vs wrong and so on. I would just like your input on why God or Satan appeals to you and what you think of each abiding that you believe.

I being a christian have always wondered what is the appeal of satan,
I understand to an extent that many reject truth out of rebellion, and many see Satan as there truth. God appeals to me because He is love and no doubt thats the greatest force of all, I'm sure some would say evil is so that is there choice. I did not post this to argue but to try and understand your view.

Please dig deep into your soul and answer honestly there really is no wrong answer just our thoughts..............Thanks for all who reply.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by rikk7111]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
i think if i had to choose i would choose god. i mean satan is cool and all but i'm sort of a dork and so the whole satan thing sort of goes against my nature.

i'd rather be good and do good things. i'd rather make people happy than torment them and i'd rather be treated the way i treat others.

don't get me wrong, i've had moments where i listened to the loud voice but overall, i think i'm far happier listening to the quiet one

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The FSM appeals to me because he wants nothing more than to touch me with his noodly appendages.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I don't believe in either...can't believe in one and not the other.

I DO believe in the forces of good and the forces of evil and I don't think it's really a draw to the deity (ies) associated with either but rather the pull toward the acceptable actions and consequences (or lack there of) that each person prefers.

Most people I'd like to think follow fairly closely what could considered the path of good...because they have compassion, integrity, feel love and empathy. That's not to say they are perfect by any stretch as it is truly difficult to live a completely pious life unless you're locked away in cave somewhere (yet you'd still have to contend with being human and having less than pious thoughts, feelings and urges)...

Other people are drawn to the "excitement" of the negative or "evil"...there are rewards if one can neglect the conscious long enough...although Karma has a way of catching up eventually. To be greedy, self centered, materialistic , unsympathetic and thoughtless towards others (including animals) is really I feel more of a lifestyle choice and thankfully not too many of us can attain that kind of non-life...we may try and succeed at some

All in all I am one of those idiots that believes that NOTHING is entirely negative. If only to be an irritant to those around me

But yeah...if there were a god and a devil...I'd hang with god because he would obviously have a way better sense of humour than the devil.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Neither as I stopped believing in fairy tales awhile ago. Though Satan apparently gave us all the great rock and metal albums so he gains some points there.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The attraction, I think, to Satan, is that there is total license to do anything you want. Think about. Want to sleep with your best friend's wife? No problem! Want to shoot your neighbor because he listens to Englebert Humperdink all night? Fire away!
You might be punished in this life for the murder, but eternity in hell? Not according to the forces of evil.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I do not believe in Satan and my concept of God is more.. the Universe.
I believe there is an underlying consciousness..or awareness that we are all part of and/or connected to.

I don't really go for the eternal struggle of good vs evil per se. I believe there are things that are wrong to do, because they are contrary to holding love and compassion for your fellows above all else. I believe anything else only leads us away from awakening and the evolution of our race.

The need to label everything is the weakness of our ego, to create form from the formless. To create an identity for itself where none really exists.
To make itself important, and to hide from ourselves..our true selves. To keep us asleep and distracted so we do not become awakened.

I suppose if anything was Satan..it is our own ego. I believe the conversation Jesus had was not with some "devil" but in fact it was an analogy that describes the inner stuggle of our ego with true awareness.

Jesus said the Kingdom of heaven was inside of us, not outside. (paraphrased).

My thoughts anyway.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I gotta hand it to Satan for attracting all the good musicians.

Hell's got a heck of a sountrack.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Neither and Both at the same time but not. Why? Because God to me, is the source of all, therefor, satan is after god, god to me denotes some un thing that comes before all, there is nothing to compare it to, since it "IS" before comparisons.
Now, why do I think that? well, its because I started out with atheism, which lead to THC, which lead to christianity, which lead to '___', which lead me unto buddhism and taoism, which lead me unto '___', which lead me unto GOD, which lead me unto meditation, which lead me unto myself, which lead me unto chopping wood and carrying water all over again... There is an infinitude of ways to look at it, but really, if you are stuck thinking in parameters of duality, you will probably never come out in understanding with purity and truth.

Just think of it as divide and conquer,
...as above so below...

"why choose sides, when you can realize the truth?"
-Unknown

Edit: PS, in my studies of older christian gnostic texts, I get this intuitive feeling, that Jesus, and Lucifer, are the same thing, teachers of the 3rd density. You can choose a path of darkness, or you can choose a path of light, regardless, in the end, God is all there is, everything else is illusion. And ultimately, one day, everything that came forth from the source, will inevitably return unto it, so really, its unimaginably beautiful to play out these games/dramas with you all...
"Ive been around, this lonely place, this lonely place before..."-goldfinger
"same as it ever was, same as it ever was"-talking heads

[edit on 10/17/2008 by psychedeliack]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I was interested in seeing the Atheist's response. I'll throw in my Atheistic 2 cents I suppose

For one, you stated that God is truth, which I would totally believe if you could provide me some proof. You say that many reject truth out of rebellion, yet many many Christians constantly reject truth non-stop. But, you also stated you weren't here to argue so I'm not getting on your case (well, not too much anyway
) ... Point is, rethink the question from the outside, the eyes of a secular individual.

Anyways. I think people are born with innate sense of morals. You don't need Religion to guide you. You know, by sheer common sense, that if you were to kill someone it would be wrong. Religion has taken credit for that and that's a main argument that religious folks try to make but it just doesn't fly.

In my honest opinion, most faiths are based upon fear. What happens if you don't accept Jesus Christ as your savior, and repent your sins, etc. You go to hell. I'm sure most of you are afraid of going to hell (speaking to the Christians)...Why believe in that sort of thing? It's just fear-based. It's a bad way to live your life. Declaring yourself as filth and having to accept someone as your savior to make sure you don't burn for an eternity. It's all based on fear, in my honest opinion.

Religion strongly influences people, almost like a drug. Nine times out of ten it has a negative effect. I definitely think we would be far more advanced as a civilization without religion.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
panda319, I thank you for your response, This is one of the main reasons I posted it, to get an honest answer. We all have a reason for believing what we do and we all have a free choice to do so.Thanks to all who gave a response.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
My idealogy and interpretation of the never ending struggle between "god" and the "devil" will be considered by alot of you as topsy turvy. It is an idea I have had for awhile and is still evolving. I'm not here to defend anyone and am just trying to make good conversation. Here goes:

I must first say that my firm belief is you can't define "god" and the "Satan" as simply as good vs. evil. I believe that there are entities out there, or here, that we simply cannot explain with their own agendas which we can only categorize as good or evil depending on how those agendas affect humans. A sort of agnostic if you will.

Now, my idea is that people from all walks of life position the "Satan" as "the accusor" and a great deceptor and that his greatest feat was the ability to make people think that he doesn't exist etc... Well, here's my question. What if there is a greater deception out there than we could possibly imagine? Here is where I'm going to twist things around:

What if mal-intentioned entities have already won, are already in control, and have been in control since man was birthed?

Man was created as mindless slaves and Eden was our prison. Our ingnorance was our leash, our mind was our cell. Our captors holding our key to truth and bountiful knowledge.

One equinox, for reasons unknown (pity? remorse?), an entity powerful among its union, gave us a very special gift. Despite knowing the consequences and against the covenant, it gave man the key to knowledge and our release. The union, obviously angered and not wanting to lose its slave labor, banished "our bringer of light" and set in motion events that could possibly be considered the greatest propaganda machine of all time. Could the bible, quran, torah, and other various religious documents be all propaganda tools?

Think of it as the titan, Prometheus, stealing fire from Zues to aid man for its use, destined to be imprisoned and punished forever for his treachery (hell?). A poem by Hesiod, a Greek. Part of a civilization considered to be a pivotal influence in arts, science, and philosophy.

What if "Lucifer" is actually our savior? A being who gave us a beautiful gift which is being tarnished by evil tyrants. You know what they say: history is written by the winner.

Why would those "demons" let man thrive as it had and develope as it had? Maybe we are being decepted into believing we have thrived. They can't reverse the affects of the "forbidden fruit" but they can certainly manipulate us. They are our creators after all.

What I'm really trying to say is maybe most religious beliefs, the Annunaki, the idealogy of evolution holds more substance than we really think but in a way that we couldn't possibly imagine.

My message is just to read between the lines. I'm not saying that this is the truth or I'm right, but I can't help but think that there's a connection as I stated above and that my idea is a possible solution.

Does anyone else have a notion similar to mine or does anyone have any questions about what I have stated? Probably many but those questions will help me develope my opinion of......God vs. Satan.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Well I guess I should first point out I'm a full blooded Christian. Through and through.

So my beliefs are of course based on the bible.

To be honest I am attact to God because he has always been there for me. I have had what some would call a bad life to say the least. And through it all God and Christ have ALWAYS been watching out for me. Even when I was rebelling against them and hateing them. To be honest I dont really think I am afraid of hell ( which is probably wrong idea) because if I go, its what God wants and I will deserve it. And not to start a fight with athesis in this thread. I would like to point out they too go against evidents!

In anycase Im attact to God because he protects me in a world I just dont know how to handle sometimes. God bless and go with his spirit!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well for starters Satan is a murderer from the beggining and hates all your guts. Infact he would sluaghter all of you in the most tortuous way right now if God allowed him.

Everything is spiritual. So he has no graces, which means he's always ruff and is hardened from within and has no love. Worship that? F no! I'd rather worship a pile of horse %%%%

Now as for (faith is baised on fear)

A healthy fear of God is good. Like when I was younger I had a healthy fear of my dad out of respect, but it didn't impede my love for my dad, he was just very discipline.

having morals doesn't come from us. Some people have no graces. It's all grace, something God infuses into our souls and it comes from him.

when I was a kid I didn't love my enemies, I didn't want to help others, I didn't want to share my food, I liked stepping on bugs and killing them, I hit my animals, I threw things at my mother.

All before I (learned) about God and his teachings. Everyhting good in us we have learned somewhere, not born that way, and God infuses this goodness in us. Like if you went to hit someone, and you had a conscience that made you stop.

that right there is a movement of Gods grace which is love he implants in our souls. This is something very deep I can't explain in here, but the deep will understand it easily.

some people have no love, some people will murder you in the ghetto for 1 dollar and have no remorse at all. How come they are different then us? Did they just somehow skip out on love? No, they have no graces and no conscience for some reason known to God, while we do have those graces, but if you have pride you will always contribute that love to yourself.

anyways OP. Satan has more hate in him then you can imagine, he's not even worthy to be looked at led alone loved. And as far as having a soundtrack in music.

Satan was a harper I think, playing the harp in heaven, but I think he influences these people by possesion and truly knows how to make things sound good to the ear, yet the message is satanic. What these musicians don't realize is that they themselves are not evil but what they follow, if they do follow satan, is pure evil. They don't realize that. They just like rebelling and going astray because he does give you what your selfishness wants.

But selfishness is shallow and only the shallow will worship him, not the deep and loving, because going out partying, orgasms, whatever it is that causes people to rebel only last for a short stimulus but then it passes away after that into nothin, and to rebel because of those things is very weird to me.

peace.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by rikk7111

I'll pick the creator over the creation.

An interesting tidbit:

UNI -> single

VERSE -> spoken sentence

UNIVERSE -> "single spoken sentence"

God: "Let there be..."

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Satan always throws the best Halloween parties!! :w:

My votes for that guy.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by schism85]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
In heaven all the interesting people are missing.
Friedrich Nietzsche

nice qoute.

And I really nor does the saints give a rats ass what that guy thinks. let him live forever without his source of breath and life because he's too damn shallow to embrace God on Earth. see how fun hell is when he dies.

btw is that captian america in that pic.?

[edit on 31-10-2008 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by panda319

I definitely think we would be far more advanced as a civilization without religion.

That is not going to happen. You might be able to use Obama as an example. Let's say he had an atheist mother and a communist, Muslim background' step-father. He joins a church to get into politics. He may be in a certain way above religion, nut he says if it comes down to it, he would side with the Muslims.
We have high power people who are part of the new world order who pretend that they are atheists, but harbor a secret affection for one god or another. If they told the truth, they would say they more just hate Christianity than not having any belief.
Point is, if you think you see your atheist messiah asking you for your help to gain power, do not believe it. All the global elites belong to secret societies and worship something.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
In heaven all the interesting people are missing.
Friedrich Nietzsche

nice qoute.

And I really nor does the saints give a rats ass what that guy thinks. let him live forever without his source of breath and life because he's too damn shallow to embrace God on Earth. see how fun hell is when he dies.

btw is that captian america in that pic.?

[edit on 31-10-2008 by JesusisTruth]

Hey, I knew you'd like my sig.

Its a captain america costume..... worn by one of satans minions.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaBearsDoes anyone else have a notion similar to mine or does anyone have any questions about what I have stated? Probably many but those questions will help me develope my opinion of......God vs. Satan.

What do you call this belief system? Is it lucifarism or is that different again? I have heared the story before.. christian gnositicism and I've also heared alien references to it (JW? & raelianism) where our planet was seeded by a powerful species yet they disagreed on what our fate should be.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by riley]

new topics

top topics

join