It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Obama's defeat lead to civil unrest?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
for the first time in my life, I fear civil unrest, regardless of the winner. The mood in this country is not just testy, it's downright dangerous.

And yes, if Obama is elected, I fear for his life. And although I don't support him, I do not want to live through another national tragedy like I did in 1963.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
There is a chance for unrest if Obama is elected. There would be a 100% chance of it if he were elected and then assassinated. It would tear this country apart for ever more. Which is something I, for one, do not want under any circumstances. But let's hope that if he does get elected, he finishes out either one or two terms triumphantly because that would be THE one thing that would unify this country like no other event ever could or would do. So, both America and the World are standing at a crossroads of history that is fraught with dangers and opportunities alike.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Here's an interesting article on the BBC I picked up today about this very issue:

Two decades ago, Douglas Wilder watched as a 9% lead in the polls going into Virginia's gubernatorial election slipped to just one-tenth of 1% when the ballots were counted. Douglas Wilder Are there some people who just cannot bring themselves to vote for an African-American? Yes Douglas Wilder Mayor of Richmond, Virginia He still won the election - becoming the first African-American to be elected a US state governor - but the narrowness of his victory led analysts to speculate that he had been a victim of a white hesitancy to vote for a black man.

BBC NEWS LINK

I think this could play out in the US, and as a result, people may very well ignore this and blame voting irregularities.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Obama has dark skin but he is very white inside. Yes, his supporters will whine but they will act the same way the last victims of vote fraud acted, with little action.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4
Obama has dark skin but he is very white inside. Yes, his supporters will whine but they will act the same way the last victims of vote fraud acted, with little action.

Again, the purpose of my thread is not to highlight racial issues, although it may seem on the surface that I am.

The reason I posted the above news link is to highlight a situation where obama loses. Will people just assume that voting irregularities are the issue if obama loses the election going into the day with a double-digit lead?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by liketoknow

Again, the purpose of my thread is not to highlight racial issues, although it may seem on the surface that I am.

The reason I posted the above news link is to highlight a situation where obama loses. Will people just assume that voting irregularities are the issue if obama loses the election going into the day with a double-digit lead?

I was pointing out that it is not a race issue. Both candidates are white.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I was pointing out that it is not a race issue. Both candidates are white.

With all due respect that's exactly what you are pointing out. Clearly both candidates are not white, and by saying Obama is white, then that is a racial issue that you have.

I find it interesting that the media is almost prepping the public for this kind of thing. Perhaps they are prepping the public for a pre-determined election outcome that goes against the popular consensus, again!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by chickenshoes

The last eight years? I get so sick and tired of hearing about Bush, and the last eight years, the man is a Christian, he has protected this country for the last 7, kicked Al Quedas butt, and the democrats in Congress and Senate, and even under Clinton making banks give risky loans to people who could not afford them, but, ITS ALLLL BUSH'S FAULT, THATS A BUNCH OF BS. I get so sick of everything that is wrond is Bush's fault. I see it as the democrats fault, and a few Republicans.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
There may be some idiots who will... but I tend to think that they would riot if he wins as well.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
We won't know who won for months. With so many states using new voting machines, early voting and voting scandals already being looked into, this one will take months to straighten out. Supreme court is conservative leaning right now isn't it ???

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Hands down yes,there will be civil unrest if Obama isn't elected.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by macgyver
We won't know who won for months. With so many states using new voting machines, early voting and voting scandals already being looked into, this one will take months to straighten out. Supreme court is conservative leaning right now isn't it ???

I agree that is certainly a possibility, although I'm not convinced the American people will have the stomach for another presidential election decided in a court of law

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Sorry, I have no doubt that there was all sorts of questionable acts done to ensure an Obama win. Did whites come out and riot when McCain lost? Not their nature, but some showing of disgust with the whole thing was in order, though I don't see it. A senator for how many days? Promising everything in the world to a huge % of the population? Anybody see something strange in here that everyone expected rioting if Obama lost, but not the other way around? Sort of says something to me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join