It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is points so inportant to ATS members?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Yeah, how do you have that many points?

Trolling mostly.
Picking up after mods, the usual.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Just to rewind the perspective a bit...

The original concept behind the "points" was to provide a fair system of accumulating numerical merits for valuable contributions to the ATS universe. And... as a result, enable members to redeem points for items of value provided by advertisers.

Unfortunately, it's taken longer than expected for advertisers to consider providing items of value in exchange for points, as part of an advertising package on ATS. We have some possibilities that may change that, but for now, it's not what we expected.

I just wanted to clarify the rationale behind the origin of the points system.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by Sublime620
Yeah, how do you have that many points?

Trolling mostly.
Picking up after mods, the usual.

Maybe we should alert Badge01? I heard he was missing some.

Really, SDog, just remind me and I'll keep starring and flagging for you. You don't have to steal

Skeptic Overlord, Thanks for providing that insight. I didn't know there were hopes to make them redeemable. That could be pretty cool

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I like points, makes me feel more involved the more i have.

I thought that they where pointless, just using it as a scoring system to see how long people had been here and how often they get involved rather than just sitting in the background.

It shouldn't matter how many points you have. If your post is good then people should read it regardless. Same with spelling. It should be up to some degree. You shouldn't need to have a masters in English just to post on here. If the spelling is wrong then so what, as long as you get your point across, it shouldn't matter

Well thats my thought anyway

[edit on 18-10-2008 by Mach Shadows]

[edit on 18-10-2008 by Mach Shadows]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Like I said earlier, sometimes we get a little ethnocentric around here.

We have members from all over the world and we ask them to express themselves in English. I am always surprised how well they do it.

Especially the Australians.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Just to rewind the perspective a bit...

The original concept behind the "points" was to provide a fair system of accumulating numerical merits for valuable contributions to the ATS universe. And... as a result, enable members to redeem points for items of value provided by advertisers.

Unfortunately, it's taken longer than expected for advertisers to consider providing items of value in exchange for points, as part of an advertising package on ATS. We have some possibilities that may change that, but for now, it's not what we expected.

I just wanted to clarify the rationale behind the origin of the points system.

I am curious. Is this still in the works or have the advertisers just chosen not to bestow the members with nice gifts?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Oooh, redeemable! Now there's an idea that is worthy of ATS! Suddenly I am concerned about my points.

Thanks for the insight on that, SO. It sounds like a wonderful plan, if it works out. Here's to hoping it does.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

That's genius. Even if it didn't work out, that's an awesome idea.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Points come in handy for those that like to change their panel regularly. As to why some consider them important, maybe that is what Bruce Campbell was talking about:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join