Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

After Election 2008 What "catch phrase" do you never want to hear again?

page: 2
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176
 


OK, the 'Obama Pie' video reminded me of this:



Does this make Obama 'The People's Candidate'???

If you smeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell what Barack is cookin'!!!





posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts
 





If you smeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell what Barack is cookin'!!!


LOL.

Please..if there is a God...Do Not let this catch the mainstream!!

Good post



posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
easy, the phrase i want to hear
"Ron Paul Revolution"

he may be out of the race, but this war ain't over.



posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
how about this thread is not relevant to a conspiracy site...

it's just you wanting to share your opinion about 'catch phrases' etc etc...
and hear what people think also

no conspiracy there just a waste of internet.



posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I don't ever want to hear on the political commercials at the end the slogan I am so and so and I aprove of this message. I mean come on wasnt you in the commercial didnt that there tell people that you approve of this message...I'm sorry it just tonks me off that they still use that crap. wheew got that out thanks



posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleksander
 


I think it might be a law....because other organizations can put up commercials that aren't affiliated with a campaign. I think this is to separate them to show which commercials a candidate is officially endorsing.



posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The 'main street' and 'hockey mom' are annoying to me for whatever reason. I will also throw in the 'drill, baby, drill'.

I was driving through El Campo, TX on Thursday and saw that someone had setup a line of signs on a road headed out of town. These sign where constructed like the reality signs one sees in yards.

The signs read 'drill, drill, drill, drill, baby, drill'.

Most likely a political statement as many in the area will vote for McCain. Bet the signs are there well into next year.



posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts
 


Oh my god, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I nearly fell out when I heard him say he went to get some "pie".

Ba-Rock Obama, hm?



posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by anachryon
 


LOL! Yeah, I can hear it now when he finally returns to D.C.-

"Finally, Ba-Rock has come back to Washington!" ROTFLMAO!!!



posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts
 


Ba-Rock...catchy name indeed! I'd prefer to see him do the 'People's Elbow' on McCain for the win


Back on topic, I'd love to hear Do you smell what Ba-Rock is cookin! It'd be nice to see something political that would make me laugh, outside of Tina Fey and SNL.



posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I don't want to ever hear a catch phrase again. I want to hear substance. I never have heard it from a politician before, so it will likely sound foreign.

I would like to see:

- limits on campaign money (severely limited, as in less than 500k)

- no names on the ballots. Instead, put platforms. Let us vote on their ideas, not their personality

- the abolishing of all political parties. I want their loyalty to America to be first, not their party

- equal funding for all candidates. i am tired of elections being bought

- no cost to get on the ballot. i know some folks who are dirt poor, but that would make a good president. The money thing is a form of discrimination, and is unAmerican



posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleksander
I don't ever want to hear on the political commercials at the end the slogan I am so and so and I aprove of this message. I mean come on wasnt you in the commercial didnt that there tell people that you approve of this message...I'm sorry it just tonks me off that they still use that crap. wheew got that out thanks


That message is now a law.. had to do with some questionable ads placed in past elections.. its not by choice its verification that the ad is placed and approved by the candidate.. but yes its stupid.



posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander_Supertramp
I'd prefer to see him do the 'People's Elbow' on McCain for the win


Wait, wouldn't that make that "The Most Electrifying Move in Presidential Politics"?!?!? I can hear his first State of the Union Address to Congress: "Know your role and Shut Your Mouth!"! LOL!

Sorry for getting off topic, but it's just too damn funny!

Back on topic, I never want to hear the Bailout refered to as the Wall Street Rescue Plan again! AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!



posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Let's see... Change and Hope


Pitbull with lipstick
Pig with lipstick

My friends

And my all time number one catch "word" SHEEPLE


Who came up with that word? That's the single most used word on this board and I must say, I'M SICK OF SEEING IT!

Truly, I'm fed up with the whole run up to election day. I can't wait until it's over.

Hopefully, the candidates for the next election can keep their shorts on and not start campaining until a year before election day as opposed to the two years of hell they've put us through this time.



posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The word "also"...




posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
"pork barreled earmarks"

"old boy network"

"cleeeean coahaaaal" (as pronounced by the old man with the white hair)

"my friends"

"cronyism"

"hey...I" (In the typical Mcain "let me level with you" tone)



posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Mine would have to be "Change"

One I want to hear would "black collar crime"!

I think that one will be appropriate in January.



posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Mine would be:

"The only difference between Obama and Osama is the BS "

And oh yeah, "inexperienced."


[edit on 18-10-2008 by asmeone2]



posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
We are the ones we've been waiting for.

We are the change that we seek.

Yes we can.

The one.

Why can't I just eat my waffle?



posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I don't want to ever hear a catch phrase again. I want to hear substance. I never have heard it from a politician before, so it will likely sound foreign.

I would like to see:

- limits on campaign money (severely limited, as in less than 500k)

- no names on the ballots. Instead, put platforms. Let us vote on their ideas, not their personality

- the abolishing of all political parties. I want their loyalty to America to be first, not their party

- equal funding for all candidates. i am tired of elections being bought

- no cost to get on the ballot. i know some folks who are dirt poor, but that would make a good president. The money thing is a form of discrimination, and is unAmerican


Can't argue with any of that Tex.






top topics



 
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join