It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman beheads man, parades it through streets

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Woman beheads man, parades it through streets

edition.cnn.com

A woman chopped the head off a man who allegedly tried to attack her and then paraded the head through a market in northern India, police said Friday.

Police arrested the woman late Thursday after receiving calls from frightened witnesses who reported a blood-soaked woman holding a severed head was walking through the village, said police officer Ram Bharose.

The woman, 35, told police she had gone to a nearby forest to cut grass for fodder for her cattle when a man attacked her from behind.

"In a bid to save her dignity she beheaded him with a sickle," Bharose said, adding that the woman had bite marks on her neck and cheek.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
nehading, woman

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Because she recieved bite marks on her neck from an atempted rape.

She killed and beheaded this man to prove she had been attacked and not to be charged.

she is either a homicidal maniac or was pushed to the edge by a cruel system.

Shocking.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17/10/08 by Quantum_Squirrel]

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18/8/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I believe in Argentina, if you're caught drunk driving you get the death penalty. Needless to say, not many people drink and drive in Argentina. Maybe this woman is on to something!

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Sadly, he fell head over heals for her.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
head over heels

HAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahahahahahahaha

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I think she is justified. The fact is in a situation you dont know if the guy will rape and then kill you. I think u have to assume the worse if your the victim. I see all to often women here in the US will get raped and then murdered.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

a blood-soaked woman holding a severed head was walking through the village

That is just freaky...

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
After the 3-5 indian women in the last 2yrs to be killed by there husbands in canada,this is a breath of fresh air in my mind ;-)...Props to her!,Note to rapists!,If your gunna attack a women alone in a forest,you MIGHT wanna make sure she is NOT in possession of a sickle ;-)...A sickle is much like a pitbull in that,no matter HOW you use it,if its used in "that way" its gunna be BAAAD,LOL

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sliick
I believe in Argentina, if you're caught drunk driving you get the death penalty. Needless to say, not many people drink and drive in Argentina. Maybe this woman is on to something!

are you for real?

honestly death for driving drunk?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
That is totally cool. Someone should give her a medal, not throw her in jail!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by fragmatic

I lol'ed.

Good for her. Rapists should get the death penalty. Pedophiles Should get the same, only slower. Let the flaming of me begin.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Grim Reaper look out, it looks like even your job is gonna be outsourced to India!

BBC is saying that the official police report states that she didnt parade the head around though, she just beheaded him with her scythe and reported it to the police.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Look at the size of that cranium.

That must be the Indian version of Lorena Bobbit.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
Grim Reaper look out, it looks like even your job is gonna be outsourced to India!

That time I ROFL'ed. As in ROFLCOPTERS.

Are you surprised? media outlets hear "decapitation" and jump on it, whether they have the facts straight or know they are talking out of their you-know-what to get the story out faster.

Edit to add ROFLCOPTER

[edit on 19-10-2008 by Magnivea]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Thumbs up for her.

Very intresting story...

Yet...

I think this my have been Dramitized just a tiny bit.

We all know they like to spice things up for the Viewers attention.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth07

a blood-soaked woman holding a severed head was walking through the village

That is just freaky...

yeah i've got visions of her looking like the woman out of Terminator 3. or Xena: Warrior Princess.

both of which are very unlikely if she was an Indian villagewoman.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I would just like to take this fantastic opportunity to prove my point from a post i made here:

Girl set ablaze for wearing lipstick

I said that never do they mention the religion of a person, unless they are Muslims. And here you go. She was probably Hindu but they don't say.
Why?
Because it's irrelevant. Homicides are carried out by all people of all religions, and this proves my point. And i guarantee, if this woman HAD been Muslim, there would already be several posts saying that...aren't all Muslims bloodthirsty....or....so called religion of peace strikes again.

To comment on the story itself, i find it appaling that some of you are laughing at this. You wouldnt be if it had been a man chopping the head off a woman. Until you know all the details and whether or not he really WAS a rapist, maybe you should show a little respect.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Why is everyone applauding this woman?
How do YOU know the man did ANYTHING at all? She may have had a grudge, killed him, then just said he tried to rape her!
He.s hardly in a position now to defend his innocence is he. May have been ANOTHER case where someone has used this religion to defend their actions.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sayzaar

Exactly, females get too much protection. All they have to do is make stuff up, and mens lifes are ruined for ever.

Roll on the day when we are one gender, and we do not have to put up with this stupid rubbish anymore. Females are the biggest fantasy merchants out there.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
see...you've just taken it entirely the other way. We don't know the full story of this. But to claim from what little we do know, either that the man was a rapist, or that all women make up fantasies....is a little out of order.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join