It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our redeemer and his bride

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Who is our redeemer?

I believe this is quite clearly the Christ Jesus, he has paid the price of our sins.

Mark 10:45 KJV

For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

and we, the church are his bride

Rev 19:7 KJV

Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

then it stands to reason that Jesus is God

Isaiah 54:5

For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

just a snippet on my take of an old argument,

Is this enough to make the doubters beliver that Jesus is/was God in the flesh?

God Bless

David

[edit on 17-10-2008 by drevill]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Drevill the non believers shall disbelieve until his coming. Some are hardened and some are doubtful, some are hateful.

But God will allow some of these souls to last until either after WW3 or Before, but some will live to see his glory coming from heaven and many will convert.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
For me, there came a point, when I was like Thomas and I "knew" and said "My LORD and my God."

Here's a wild story. This summer, me and my husband (who is not saved) were going somewhere and we drove past a church, and there was a man sitting on the front steps of it. As we drove by, the guy pointed his finger at my husband and yelled "Jesus is God - be a good boy!" My eyes got huge and a big smile came across my face.Lol It totally freaked him out though. I guess I'm not the only one working on him.

But I want to ask you guys some very serious questions.

1. If Jesus is God, then is the Holy Spirit him to?

2. And if your answer is yes - they are all three the same essence of the same being, how would you explain "the second coming" to a person, who he has already manifested himself to? Would you consider it a reward? A bonus of sorts.

I'm thinking it would be a bonus.

3. John the Baptist explained to his disciples, that man can only receive what is given him from heaven. He was filled with the Spirit from the womb, and while he considered himself to be a part of the sacred Bridal Party (my term), he said that the "Bride" belonged to the "Bridegroom" and that his role was as a "friend" who attends the bridegroom and waits to hear his voice, which John did and his joy was made complete. Why do you think John makes a distinction between a "friend" and a "bride"?

4. The Song of Solomon being a template for the progressing relationship between God/Israel, King/Queen, and/or bridegroom/bride from courtship to consumation of marriage - why is only one queen chosen and the others listed as "friends" like John mentioned?

Scripture supports that many are invited to this wedding but few are actually chosen to attend. Christ also said, the path to life is very narrow and few find it. Do you guys realize how doctine on the Second Coming has underwent re-definement over the last couple thousand years? If people have to re-define doesn't that imply a lack of understanding?

Anyone familiar with the concept of the bridal suite in the Gospel of Thomas?

5. Why don't the church teach about the anointing of the Holy Spirit and the union with God in the Bridal Suite?

[edit on 18-10-2008 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

hello there

1. If Jesus is God, then is the Holy Spirit him to?

IMHO yes he is

3. John the Baptist explained to his disciples

i think the distinction is those that are direct from God such as the messengers, of which, IMHO john was. as you say he was filled with the spirit from the womb, and the normal mortals here on earth. we know that anyone not of God an for God is an enemy, not a friend.

4. The Song of Solomon

there can only ever be one bride, the rest, like you say are friends and not enemies, i would say the angels are our fiends.

friends take part in the preparation and IMHO are working for God under his direct command.

david

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

It could very well have been an angel sitting on those steps.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
amen to that

a women said it to me on a Bus. God doesnt write those personal letters to is that we often wish for through the post. (or has he?)

once when i was working for a power company in retention. the system dialled up this number and i went through the pitch as usual and he said

you are Christian aren't you?

Yes, i said

he said i have a message for you and told me that God said that things for me were going to get a lot worse but then better for me.

well i was have a very bad time and things did get a lot worse over time and then got better. You see i was suffering from depression and it got to the point where I was thinking about ending my life constantly, and i mean constantly. ( i had left work by this point) Heather had to stay off work to look after me. How i didnt get sectioned, only the lord knows. but thing slowly got better over about 5 years to the point that i am not on meds and have been off them for 2 years and we have a baby on the way.

the bloke on the phone prayed for me after giving me the message

God is Awesome

sorry i kind of wondered there.

anyway we will never know unless God wants us to who angels are, they could be the tramps asking us for money. it could be an old lady struggling with her bags

david

new topics

top topics

join