posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:38 PM
For me, there came a point, when I was like Thomas and I "knew" and said "My LORD and my God."
Here's a wild story. This summer, me and my husband (who is not saved) were going somewhere and we drove past a church, and there was a man sitting
on the front steps of it. As we drove by, the guy pointed his finger at my husband and yelled "Jesus is God - be a good boy!" My eyes got huge
and a big smile came across my face.Lol It totally freaked him out though. I guess I'm not the only one working on him.
But I want to ask you guys some very serious questions.
1. If Jesus is God, then is the Holy Spirit him to?
2. And if your answer is yes - they are all three the same essence of the same being, how would you explain "the second coming" to a person, who he
has already manifested himself to? Would you consider it a reward? A bonus of sorts.
I'm thinking it would be a bonus.
3. John the Baptist explained to his disciples, that man can only receive what is given him from heaven. He was filled with the Spirit from the
womb, and while he considered himself to be a part of the sacred Bridal Party (my term), he said that the "Bride" belonged to the "Bridegroom" and
that his role was as a "friend" who attends the bridegroom and waits to hear his voice, which John did and his joy was made complete. Why do you
think John makes a distinction between a "friend" and a "bride"?
4. The Song of Solomon being a template for the progressing relationship between God/Israel, King/Queen, and/or bridegroom/bride from courtship to
consumation of marriage - why is only one queen chosen and the others listed as "friends" like John mentioned?
Scripture supports that many are invited to this wedding but few are actually chosen to attend. Christ also said, the path to life is very narrow and
few find it. Do you guys realize how doctine on the Second Coming has underwent re-definement over the last couple thousand years? If people have to
re-define doesn't that imply a lack of understanding?
Anyone familiar with the concept of the bridal suite in the Gospel of Thomas?
5. Why don't the church teach about the anointing of the Holy Spirit and the union with God in the Bridal Suite?
[edit on 18-10-2008 by Myrtales Instinct]