It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: 'We're Going To All Suffer And Pay' For The Bailout

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Have you seen this?

10% of the bailout money to go to staff bonuses and pay.....presumably for a 'job well done'....

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The mess our economy is in was not caused by to little regulation.It was caused by the federal reserve bank fixing prices and interest rates.The founders of this country knew central banks would bring ruin to this great country and didn't mind saying so

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to the Secretary of the Treasury Albert Gallatin (1802)

."If ever again our nation stumbles upon unfunded paper, it shall surely be like death to our body politic. This country will crash." George Washington

History records that the money changers have used
every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible
to maintain their control over governments
by controlling the money and its issuance. James Madison

Jackson got rid of the first central bank.

Andrew Jackson, the seventh president of the United States, has this to
say to a delegation of international bankers in 1832:

"Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time, and I am
convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter, I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the eternal God, I will rout you out."

Even much later some honest elected officals had no good words for the fed

On June 10, 1932, Rep Louis T. McFadden, said in an address to the Congress:

"... The Federal Reserve Banks are the agents of the foreign central banks ... In that dark crew of financial pirates, there are those who would cut a man's throat to get a dollar out of his pocket ... Every effort has been made by the Federal Reserve Board to conceal its powers, but the truth is the FED has usurped the government. It controls everything here (in Congress) and controls all our foreign relations. It makes and breaks governments at will ... When the FED was passed, the people of the United States did not perceive that a world system was being set up here ... A super-state controlled by international bankers, and international industrialists acting together to enslave the world for their own pleasure!"

Sir Josiah Stamp, a former president of the Bank of England, is reputed to have said: "Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take it away from them, and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money."

Jesus began his 3 1/2 year ministry in Jerusalem by driving the corrupt moneychangers from the Temple. He also ended His ministry by attacking the same thieves. It was the only time that the Lord used force during his earthly life.

If americans do not end the fed the fed will end america.

one definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.So americans keep electing a democrat or republican.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by nihilus

Ron Paul would certainly be against nationalizing losses. As far as credit goes, there will always be available credit for credit worthy people. I could go buy a new house, car, boat or plane today without a single worry for credit. (Perhaps I'm exaggerating some; it would take me a couple of days to get a sufficient down payment for the house or plane as I was taught 20% to be an appropriate down payment for anything.)

That credit freezing up talk is meant to make you fearful.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Hi and Great article,

What can we do about this?

I've somewhat lost my faith in congress as I feel they are un-trustworthy. Other than an overthrow of the government what can/should we do to help with this problem.

I'm thinking something like - "buy american". I guess I'm tired of hearing that we're headed for hell etc...

I, as always, am looking for answers. Something that I can do about it.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

LOl.nice man I think it is a vast improvment to the current national anthem.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by micheshi

I think it is an issue mainly like I said above, I live in a farming community and the last couple of years the weather was terrible and they lost money. Ok easy you have crop insurance and the GOV will take care of you right? Well not exactly it takes about 2 years for all that stuff to go through and the farmers down south who are trying to rebuild (after the hurricanes) and feed the country are having the same problem.

Do you honestly think a BANK gives a @#$% about you, do you? NO they want their money. We are not talking about having a set place and income/savings we are talking about the heart of the country and what makes it run. No offense my friend because if you put yourself in a situation to get what ever you want plane, boat whatever good for you and you planned ahead.

What my issue is the people I grew up with who support this country and are being driven out this way, farmers and craftsmen bust their a$$ to put food on our table or build things for the american people. I do not want big BIZ/GOV controlling our food. There are variations of domestic stock becomming extinct because the farms are being bought out and controlled.

We all know what the problem is and a majority of people will not change it, the credit now buy now crowd and get what we cannot afford. You were right in your post about you because they want your money, but not about the issue and what it causing.

No offense to you and glad we are both doing well, but a lot of people are not!

[edit on 18-10-2008 by thiscountryboycansurvive]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

It doesn't matter weather the Dems win or the GOP "steals" the so called election. The American people will go right on being sheared like sheep and milked like cows, harvested again and again like the livestock that we are by the corrupt system we live under. Weather it's the federal government, big oil, wall street, corporate entities-(they are all one and the same), we ceased to be free or have any real voice in our "republic" long ago. Quite a shame nobody ever even seemed to notice while our country was being stolen from us and Lady Liberty was being bound, gagged and raped. Every single American citizen should be furious, not just at these corrupt bastards, but at themselves for their own complacency. This was all foretold over two hundred years ago. We were warned this could and probably would happen by the very architiechts of our constitution, so why did we not listen? Maybe the continued dumbing down of our children by our government run schools, maybe each of our personal greed and selfishness, maybe we have just gotten so fat and lazy and comfortable that we forgot what it was like to go without or be oppressed by tyrants. Well wake up America, It's time for a refresher course! This time there's nowhere left to run.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by goathead

I agree but, not all people are asleep I know you did not mean it that way just clarifying. Vote out all incumbents and make a statement!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Wow, Ron Paul sure does seem to have a knack for the extremely obvious.

I wonder what else he has to say.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

It seems quite apparent that the real point of the bailout is being missed. The criminal and irresponsible management of Corporations, Investment Firms and Banking Institutions has resulted in a Carte Blanche loss of faith in the American Banking and Stock exchange systems both in the US and around the World with a resulting Global collapse of the lending process due to the increased risk of collapse of the above mentioned entitys.

So instead of doing the due diligence of Government to investigate the offenders of fraud,collution and manipulation. We send the corporations $700 billion dollars to do with as they wish no accountablity and no abiltiy on the Government to oversee the distribution of the funds we ram the cost down the throats of average Joe's and Jane's around the globe.

If the American Government was for and by the people this would never happen as the peoples wishes and concerns would be followed not ignored and they money squandered to criminals who don't need any more money than they already have.

Ron Paul is right and the only problem is the majority of Americans are not listening to what he has to say, in a so called free society you only have the choice between two sides of the same coin Democrats and Republicans all other potential candidates are shut out as this would threaten the Corporate Shadow control over government and represent the average American.

We are neither free or democratic!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ExistenceUnknown

Eight months ago when we had the primaries in my state, I thought Ron Paul was a nutcase. Nowadays, he seems like the only one of them that is making sense.

No mainstream Democrat or Republican will ever get rid of the Fed. Their main supporters rely on the Fed for gain and power.

I've already voted by absentee ballot and I wrote in Dr. Paul. Sure, I know he won't be elected, but I hope he gets enough support that the average american starts to really take notice of him.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tamerlane

Interesting...

Tamerlane--Would you say you're opinion of him being a nutcase was influenced by the media's portrayal of him? I think it's awesome that you have flipped a 180, and are now listening. Very cool.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Ron Paul says that Write-Ins are very apreciated but futile since they are discarded and are therefore useless.

he is endorsing Chuck Baldwin, vote 3rd party.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Ron Paul will be promoted by the people , more and more as time goes by and the fear increases, but the Illuminati and Bilderberg Group will not allow him in. He won't sell out like the others have done. He is against everything they stand for which is control and greed. I just wish it could happen faster if not I plan to be in Yucatan on December 21st, 2012 waiting for the Mayan calendar to end and see what happens next. The ruin Kohonlich might be the spot to enjoy the end and the beginning of whatever.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
In the short term, there will be deflation as companies try to entice buyers. But I am sure that by April of 2009 inflation will begin to kick in. Already, food prices that some restaurants lock in for 2009 are 9% higher. A few well-known companies will declare bankruptcy after the Christmas season. April and May 2009 will be very bad.

The bailout is a sad joke and it does seem the government is just trying to buy time till the election.

Not everyone will suffer - some will actually do okay - but I think we are all in for some turmoil ahead. I would not want to be the next President trying to deal with this mess.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Interesting...

Tamerlane--Would you say you're opinion of him being a nutcase was influenced by the media's portrayal of him? I think it's awesome that you have flipped a 180, and are now listening. Very cool.

Yes, my info on Ron Paul came mostly from NPR and they certainly never interviewed him (at least I don't think so). The image portrayed was almost like he was an anarchist who wanted to completely eliminate all government powers. That was when they bothered to mention him at all. I figured his supporters were anti-government, tax evaders squatting on government land.

I finally decided to look into him a bit more because he got 17% of the vote in the primaries (this is in Alaska), which was more than John McCain and almost as much as Huckabee, and I was wondering why I had hardly heard about someone who got such a significant amount of support.

When I finally heard him explain his positions in person (I think it was on a Daily Show interview that I found through googling) I was pretty impressed with him. Even with Jon Stewart heckling him somewhat, he came out looking pretty good in my view. Our media has certainly not given him a fair shot at getting his message out.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I sure get what you are saying, and I also wish I knew what to do. But the other side of the lending debacle coin is that the Communist Democrats forced the banks to make very risky loans to people who already had wasted away what they had, and hope they wouldn't do it again. But of course they did, they went bankrupt, of course, and the banks get the blame for the ridiculous loans forced on them by the Communists. I understand the banks are counterfeiting trillions, and it won't hurt them any, because they simply pay themselves huge salaries and bonuses, then when the bank goes belly up, their money is safe. They sell themselves the failed assets, at huge discounts, and go back into business under a new name. Not only do we need to draw, hang, and quarter all bankers, but we also need to eliminate the whole charade of 'corporations' It is a major scam, and future generations will be amazed that we let it continue this long.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hallberg Rassy

It seems ironic that " communist" China is enjoying the fruits of a well managed economy and banking system, while the United States is on verge of not only collapsing but placing at risk Europe thru corruption and systemic fraud at the highest levels of Government and Banking.

I would suggest that you look into China more. It is a society where they have learned that it is absolutely necessary to lie and deceive just to make it, and to be brutal to get ahead. They are growing now, sure. The head honchos figured out that it was in their best interest to be rich. But it will not last long, it is only temporary and cannot last. The people have no freedom or justice. We have some, residuals from our former Constitutional government. They have none. It is a human trait to desire freedom, and theirs is acomin. When their inevitable revolution comes, it will disrupt the Chinese supply of widgets that we have grown to depend on. We will have to make them again. Post WWII we were the manuf for the entire planet. Now, we are the brains; marketing, management, sales, invention, creation. We are taking in 10x as much as we are spending abroad, contrary to the trade-deficit lie.It is brain work, and much of the brains have to be migrated in, as we are not training our own kids. Why? Government! How do we fix it? Public education is already costing us the most of any country, but we need to start shoveling more money to them! More money is the answer, don't mess with the wonderful Communists running our schools!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The MSM dismissed him completely. I remember watching a segment on CNN where they were interviewing 2 college girls, one Dem, one Repub. They asked the girls who they were voting for in the primaries and who they thought was better to run the country, The repub girl responded that she would love to see Ron Paul in office, halfway through her saying Ron Paul, the anchor lets out a huge "WOW" and then completely derails her. It's complete sabotage by the media. Not to mention that John McCain even tried to paint him as a Isolationist during the primary debates, when McCain clearly doesn't know the difference between an isolationist and a non-interventionist. Ron Paul was also called a 9-11 conspiracy theorist for stating the obvious fact that 9-11 was caused by America's own foreign policy, not because terrorists hate our way of life.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tmbandt
Ron Paul is far from irrelevant. The man has sparked a revolution. He's made folks wake up from all walks of life. His message is timeless and will not be forgotten. He is the wake up call we all needed. At least those of us who would listen. I am a richer man to have lived during his era. The history books will erase him just as the MSM have done. However, to a group of hard core patriots, he will live forever.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 17-10-2008 by tmbandt]

I think, IMHO, that the next president will be our last. Either because the One World Government starts up, or because this next president disbands congress, according to law, and makes himself president for life, with completely arbitrary powers. Like now, except no deception needed. I used to think that America was Babylon the Great, and would be nuked into history, but now I see that Babylon is only a city. Maybe Washington, quite possibly Los Angeles.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join