It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: 'We're Going To All Suffer And Pay' For The Bailout

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

I know bro he had a huge following in the area where I work and was talked up on talk radio now nothing. So sad. He's still got my vote and anyone else I can convince.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
all -

"they" don't have a choice -

it's either inflation or death.

better prepare for former...

best regards.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
To the argument that we have exported our inflation to other countries. Remember that it works both ways. We have 'exported' enough inflation to destroy ourselves already. If confidence is lost in the dollar, that inflation can return in force very quickly!

For instance, China holds a couple Trillion of our inflation (debt). As they fall on hard times and see us printing that debt into non-existence, they will dump that debt thereby returning it to us. This in turn would cause an immediate run on the 'reserve currency' of which there are some thirteen Trillion floating around the world. Holding reserve currency status was a huge responsibility and screwing it up will cost us everything.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
It seems ironic that " communist" China is enjoying the fruits of a well managed economy and banking system, while the United States is on verge of not only collapsing but placing at risk Europe thru corruption and systemic fraud at the highest levels of Government and Banking.

That this happened while we watched is not surprising, the people get the Government they deserve.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Ron Paul isn't running. He chickened out for whatever reason. He HAD my vote, past tense, HAD, but when he decided not to run he BETRAYED me and all of us who believed in him!!! He set us up for change and then let us down! In my opinion he has no business lecturing any of us. NO BUSINESS!! Ron Paul can kiss my a$$.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
i mentioned long long ago that the economy is just a scam that it was going to collapse on itself. and now it's collapsing on itself but the public is to afriad to admit it and the federal government is trying to shift the blame from itself and give money to the other partners in the scam for their mistakes. they should be treated as criminals, every last one of them. i'm not going to sit here and let this happen.

this is to the next generation in power, we're aware of the problems with our society and we need to realize that and it is up to us to fix the mess that they made.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Ron Paul isn't running. He chickened out for whatever reason. He HAD my vote, past tense, HAD, but when he decided not to run he BETRAYED me and all of us who believed in him!!! He set us up for change and then let us down! In my opinion he has no business lecturing any of us. NO BUSINESS!! Ron Paul can kiss my a$$.

It wasn't Ron Paul that let anyone down. It was the MSM that ignored him, the election officials that threw his votes away, and didn't count them, (Remember what happened in New Hampshire?),and the Republican machine that managed to keep him out of some of the debates, and the News networks that portrayed him as a "nut". He is no nut, he's one of the few in Congress that saw this mess coming and tried to speak out about it.

He's not "polished", like the MSM claims Obama is, but he's a true American that is STILL speaking out in Congress for us all, not just his Texas Constituents. He knows that there is no way that a 3rd party candidate can win, so he is concentrating his efforts on trying to make a difference in Congress. Even if only ONE VOICE has the guts to speak out, that voice will be heard. He has brought awareness to many people. Look at how many of us voiced our opposition to the Treasonous Bailout Bill, which has failed miserably, and Ron Paul said it would. Congress continues to throw good money(ours) over bad money(the failed banks and financial crooks), but eventually, maybe the American majority will wake up, and realize what we know- that the leaders of BOTH parties are crooked and clueless.
It will take time, but now is NOT the time to throw in the towel. That is what the crooks want- they want to wear you down, so you give up. We owe it to each other and to Ron Paul to continue to speak out. WE DID make a difference. We stopped the first bill from passing. Yes, they brought out the big guns and outshot us, but let's be smart. We now know their tactics. Let's try to beat them at their own game.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I wish we would've had someone like Ron Paul to vote for instead of McCain (or Obama for that matter).

O well, still writing him in.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ARNOMANNN

As far as I'm concerned, Ron Paul and all the Libertarians make heck of a lot more sense about a lot of things than anyone in the Republican or Democratic parties. So I've got to go with Ron on this one. The "bailout" will loosen up the banks and how much they loan, but no one wants to buy anything new or invest in anything when what they have invested in is going down 10% a day. For anyone questioning whether we are in a deep recession yet, we are to the point where you've got to say that this will will get much worse for an extended period of time before it gets better.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Yes, and he decided to keep on living for his family. We can all identify with that. He knew what would happen if he pursued the fight against the Bankers.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

You are a bit uninformed on how the states operate, most states wont allow you to run if you ran on another party if you already ran on a different party, thus one reason why Ron Paul didn't run.

And you saw how many third party canidates were in the debates , didn't you?

Ron Paul instead endorsed another candidate with very like views , Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution party, and endorsed any third party candidate over any repub or democrat candidate, and also kept his seat in Texas..

You want to see Ron Paul take charge , vote for Baldwin, Baldwin has said he will appoint him in the best place for Ron Paul, head of the treasury!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by EndofTime
I wish we would've had someone like Ron Paul to vote for instead of McCain (or Obama for that matter).
O well, still writing him in.

Don't write him in , most states don't count write-ins.. vote for Chuck Baldwin of the constition party , he stated he will appoint Ron Paul as head of the treasury.. in my opinion the next best place for Ron Paul.

Ron Paul is a very smart man, He isn't stupid and didn't run third party for a reason , most states don't allow you to run on multiple tickets.. so he literally could not get on the ticket in enough states to win. He has kept his seat in congress no matter what happens , if Baldwin wins he will get to take charge of this economic mess. and make key decisions in it.

Im kind of disappointing in ATS folks here, there is so much left right and not enough alternative thinking going on.. If you cant get in the front door try the back door or even a window.

Just remember voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by disgustedbyhumanity
Ron Paul would just as soon see everyone go down the tubes than to admit that the goverment should interefere. His comments on inflation show he doesn't really have a clue. Inflation comes around with a large amount of dolalrs in circulation. Right now we have anything but. All the dollars being pumped into the system is only replacing multiples of dollars lost. We are heading for deflation, which would be worse if no money was injected. Ron Paul is only right about the Federal Reserve.

Ron Paul is a goverment hater. I do not understand why he even chooses to be a part of the goverment. "The federal goverment should have no powerand I want to be it's President." It's really pretty funny when you think about it.

Have you taken 1 or 2 hours to watch the movie Zeitgeist Addendum? Clearly you know nothing of inflation, Ron Paul knows more than anyone, even ask the Fed Chairman who admitted to Ron Paul's question that, YES inflation is a tax on the people, and YES its intended(not a mistake).

You know where this money is coming from? Thin Air, just like Ron Paul said. Inflation is not in direct relation to the amount of money in supply, DEBT is in direct relation to the money supply but certainly not inflation. Yes they do relate, but not nearly as much as debt relates to the money supply. There could be tons and tons of cash but inflation could be kept small by not "magically" printing new money, we fail to realize that everytime we print money and "inject" it into the market/banking system we are merely delaying the inevitable, this system is corrupt and the market is officially a fraud, if you keep pumping "illegitimate" money into the enconomy you do nothing but "taint" the good money that is already there even more. If we didn't inject all this cash into our economy and just took this whole loss like men then inflation would be dormant and we wouldn't suffer down the line. I mean, the banks always make money double itself without ever providing a tanglible asset that backs its value, please watch Zeitgeist and you will be amazed at how little anyone knows how this system actually works

People should stop trying to fix the economy and realize its totaly broken and needs to be completely re-worked. People need to take the losses and re-evaluate their status, because you can't simply fix a system that is always going to be broken, thats like breaking a diamond and then trying to super glue it back together, it makes no sense and will only break again and again...

CNN even covered this whole thing, even Martial law, they said that very very high up people have spoken to them annonymously saying that in the next 2-3 years we will see 20-30% inflation. Why? Because right now every economy in the world is injecting retarded amounts of cash into a system that is broken, and the pains will not be realized until they creep back up in a few years to bite us all in the a@@

[edit on 18-10-2008 by MaynardisGod]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Another reason he wouldn't leave his party is because he ran on the Republican ticket for Congress. To leave his party would be backing down on his word to his constituents who voted for him as a Republican.

OMG a Congressman who ACTUALLY keeps his word to his constituents!!

I know, its really hard to believe in this day and age, just look at all them that went against a 100-200:1 of their constituents to vote for this "leave no banker behind" rescue garbage.

Our numbers are growing! -Ron Paul

Amen!

Look at all the Independents, Libertarian, and other 3rd Party politicians that are moving up the ranks now. Whether people like it or not things will come around, and we will get back to the way things should be; according to the Constitution.

Because, frankly, we won't be able to afford any thing else anymore.

[edit on 10/18/2008 by toepick] - spelling

[edit on 10/18/2008 by toepick]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

Of course there's deflation now but what do you think pumping all this money into the system is? That's inflation and this time it could destroy our dollar. The cycle of deflation and inflation due to a fiat monetary system is bankrupting this country.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by nihilus
I wonder though... if the bailout money was used properly, and not to pad people's pockets and arrange trips for crooks would Ron Paul still be so against it.

Most people who follow the financial markets are in agreement that something needed to be done. Not to save Wall Street but to save the economy itself.

With a frozen credit market you can't buy a car, a house, a tractor, or anything else. Executed properly a bailout plan can "bail out" the economy.

The way it will be run by this government, Ron Paul is quite correct. We will all pay and suffer.

Im sorry but I disagree

We dont need to bail out wall stree to save the economy.

What people fail to understand is this...

The banks need reserves so they can lend money. Businesses and individuals need to borrow this money because nobody can afford cars, houses, or equipment. So it sounds like a necessity right ?

However, if banks werent lending money we wouldnt have inflation. No inflation and nobody needs to borrow money to get their house, car, or equipment.

If we took away banks' ability to create money from thin air prices wouldnt be so insane. We simply wouldnt need a loan to buy a car.

The dollar has lost 96% of its value and after this idiotic manuever will be worth less than the ink used to print it.

My grandfather paid cash for his farm and house. He paid cash for his boat and cars. Inflation wasnt that bad in the 1920's as the Federal Reserve's effect hadnt devastated the dollar's value yet.

Its a myth that we must have a banking loan system in place for the economy to run.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Dr. Ron Paul doesn't know what 'short term liquidity' means and that is a shame.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by disgustedbyhumanity
Ron Paul would just as soon see everyone go down the tubes than to admit that the goverment should interefere. His comments on inflation show he doesn't really have a clue. Inflation comes around with a large amount of dolalrs in circulation. Right now we have anything but. All the dollars being pumped into the system is only replacing multiples of dollars lost. We are heading for deflation, which would be worse if no money was injected. Ron Paul is only right about the Federal Reserve.

Ron Paul is a goverment hater. I do not understand why he even chooses to be a part of the goverment. "The federal goverment should have no powerand I want to be it's President." It's really pretty funny when you think about it.

RP isn't "a government hater". He is someone, like me, that understands how far we have strayed from what made this country noble. The Federal government is far more powerful than it is in the interest of We The People for it to be. Read the Constutution and the writings about our founding father's thinking. Don't be a sheeple. Be a citizen.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExistenceUnknown
They will never publicly admit that Dr. Paul is right. That would give him enourmous credibility and perhaps seal the deal for his presidential run in 2012. God I hope they do....

I agree with this 100%. Ron Paul could do great things for this country. It's just to bad we couldn't get him nominated now not 4 years from now.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

staying on topic with post above...

the fractional reserve system as of now is not debatable. it's history tells the story to those yet to understand it's true goal. it is evil and nothing more than a modern form of slavery. it forces the poor to collateralize unfair loans of no real value, with the hard earned very real assets they possess. what we are seeing is the massive debt has reached a level that all the real assets combined cannot re-pay. this is no accident as it is built into the system to allow creditors to scavenge all that's left of value while the inevitable, destructive conclusion unfolds.

the fictitious capital injected during this process has been created from nothing of actual value. it steals value from real money already in circulation causing real wealth to lose value. inflation is the result of this process and that is what inflation is, devaluation of currency. of course you can only devalue the dollar so far before it has no value at all. debt grows while the dollar becomes worthless and leaves the borrower with no possible way to repay.

we have held the world at gunpoint to encourage their cooperation in propping this mess up as long as possible. to squeeze every dime out of a once rich country while, at the same time, keeping the natives ignorant and well entertained. giving them ipods and movie stars, but also disease, entrapment and incarceration. the charade is almost over and the natives are waking up. the system is coming down for good and americans will finally understand, as well as make it right. (i hope!)

we need to forget about dem's and rep's and start putting real americans in our government. start voting these third party candidates into office starting at the state level and work up. remove greed and lobbyists. install fairness and integrity. demand that these few men, with the only opposing view to the two headed monster on the hill, be heard loud and clear. demand a complete restructuring of this useless, despicable, ass kissing corporate media.

and most of all, STOP CONFORMING TO THE CRIME & CURRUPTION IN WASHINGTON AND EVERYWHERE ELSE!!! just stop feeding it and watch it die.

then we will be fat, happy and free once again. and just maybe we can make a future for the children that are counting on us to do so.

jz

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join